Wrestling Forum banner

781 - 800 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
What are you talking about, Kenny has a story cause they gave him one(and it's all about Page). Cody is mainly doing TV title matches with no storylines. So far Kenny has never been in something close to as awesome as the Cody-MJF storyline for example. And matches-wise, there's nothing to write home about in these Kenny tag matches. Nothing as come close to what Cody did with Ricky Starks for example.
Lmao

·
Registered
103 Posts
Omega bet on himself and is proving right. He and Hangman might be the two best in the business at visual storytelling.

Yes, keep the Bucks out of that match. Let FTR waltz with Kenny and Page alone. Do a Bucks vs Lucha Bros match or a bigger blowoff for Bucks vs Butcher and Blade. Or anything EXCEPT turning FTR vs Hangman and Kenny into car crash wrestling. That match has serious potential to be fucking special; do we see Kenny deliver a 7 star TAG match within the same year as a 6 star tag match?
It will be interesting to see if the Bucks can set aside their ego and allow a great match to happen without them for the sake of the product. I know a certain member of the elite who wouldn’t.

·
Registered
90 Posts
MJF's promo was the best I've seen since CM Punk's 'pipe bomb'. Unbelievable delivery and intensity. That is a career-making promo that will be still shown in 10 years.

I thought this week's show was a bit flat towards last week's, but had some good high points. I liked Cardona's debut although honestly I didn't recognise him at first. He looked huge next to the Dark Order.

The Orange Cassidy spots in the opener were pure cringe. If he beats Jericho, I'll turn into the Aussies on here in going nuclear at AEW. I mean, there's obviously talent there but his gimmick almost seems to be to mock the industry.

Warhorse didn't live up to the indie hype and his match with Cody paled compared to previous TV title defenses. Definitely the type of potential signing AEW needs to avoid, unlike Cardona.

Tag title match was not bad, but again there's been better recently. Stu Grayson is good in the ring. I have to admit, the Dark Order has slightly improved but never seem to get much momentum.

Shida vs Diamante... meh. Sloppy in parts. I'm glad there is less emphasis on the women's division than WWE, but I think part of that comes down to the lack of names. And adding Cameron definitely isn't going to improve the division.

After the awesome MJF segment, the main even further helped lift the show. It was a really fun match and also not pointlessly long. The finish was brutal (good brutal).

What I didn't and don't like is the way matches are often announced... "Tony Khan just told us that Darby will challenge next week" followed by "The two don't even know it yet" as Darby is pointing at the belt. It feels like a contrived way to set up matches.

Next week's show looks good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
It was a solid show.

It just wasn't as good as the week before (which was a ridiculously high bar set) which skewed peoples opinions of it.
Be careful praising that episode.....apparently if you really liked the week befores awesome card with kingston it means you don't watch enough wrestling.(atleast that's what I've been told HAHA)

i might rewatch it too

i know the tag titles and main even was better than i remember

watching at 2 in the morning isn’t always the best idea
It was good it's just the previous episode was fire so it's hard to not be down on it a bit.For me it was a 6.5 or 7 and the week before was 8.5 or 9 for me.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
9,918 Posts

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
It was a solid show.

It just wasn't as good as the week before (which was a ridiculously high bar set) which skewed peoples opinions of it.
This.

Also last week I stayed up late so decided to watch it live, and I was fine. During the first commercial I made a huge mistake and just glanced over to this thread and saw all the negative comments and that made the first match seem worse than it was. I realized what was happening so I turned it off and just slept and watched it after I woke up and I actually enjoyed the rest of the show.

·
Registered
24,434 Posts
I thought the show overall was really uplifted by the last half hour with the MJF promo and the Tornado Tag main event.

Before that, between a clunky opener, a "just OK" TNT Title match, a bad women's match, show wasn't doing much for me.

Though the tag title match was really good.

Well, for one the guy isn't completely wrong when he says they've done nothing but note. They feel like complete afterthoughts at the moment and with FTR coming and going right to the top I don't see that changing in a big way any time soon.

But God, the cringiest thing any fan can do is tell a wrestler "you should go here." Like, it's there life. They can go wherever they want to go. And no fan has the right to say that, IMO.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I'm late to the party but unfortunately they went from one of the best Dynamites I've seen to one of the worst.

Once again in the opener we had to put up with a spotty mess. Guys on the outside ordering coffee because they have to wait while every member of the other team does their jump over the top rope and they all fall down like it's a pantomime. I think Trent has a future but the Best Friends as a unit and Chuck Taylor belong nowhere on the main show. OC's act again was hard to watch, as was Stunt's. Jericho's doing his best in a bad storyline, he's clearly going back to obnoxious WCW 1997/8 character which is kinda fun.

The main highlight was probably MJF's incredible segment. Making it a political campaign is an absolutely brilliant move, it's a money angle and his ability is off the charts. He doesn't sound out of place with that mic in his hand for a second.

Brodie Lee I like, he's got plenty of charisma but I have no interest in Colt Cabana or much of the Dark Order as they aren't imposing in any way. They need a real enforcer like a guy the size of Wardlow.

Can't really remember of the Mox tag match apart from the crazy skateboard finish, that wasn't bad.

Only other thing of mention was the tag title match as Hangman and Kenny are always good and the DO hung with them on the night.

Overall a big disappointment from the the previous show. One step forward, two back.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I'm late to the party but unfortunately they went from one of the best Dynamites I've seen to one of the worst.

Once again in the opener we had to put up with a spotty mess. Guys on the outside ordering coffee because they have to wait while every member of the other team does their jump over the top rope and they all fall down like it's a pantomime. I think Trent has a future but the Best Friends as a unit and Chuck Taylor belong nowhere on the main show. OC's act again was hard to watch, as was Stunt's. Jericho's doing his best in a bad storyline, he's clearly going back to obnoxious WCW 1997/8 character which is kinda fun.

The main highlight was probably MJF's incredible segment. Making it a political campaign is an absolutely brilliant move, it's a money angle and his ability is off the charts. He doesn't sound out of place with that mic in his hand for a second.

Brodie Lee I like, he's got plenty of charisma but I have no interest in Colt Cabana or much of the Dark Order as they aren't imposing in any way. They need a real enforcer like a guy the size of Wardlow.

Can't really remember of the Mox tag match apart from the crazy skateboard finish, that wasn't bad.

Only other thing of mention was the tag title match as Hangman and Kenny are always good and the DO hung with them on the night.

Overall a big disappointment from the the previous show. One step forward, two back.
Kenny and Page, along with Pac and Rey Fenix, have carried the in-ring portions of the company’s short history. Those 4 are just top notch.

·
Registered
662 Posts
This.

Also last week I stayed up late so decided to watch it live, and I was fine. During the first commercial I made a huge mistake and just glanced over to this thread and saw all the negative comments and that made the first match seem worse than it was. I realized what was happening so I turned it off and just slept and watched it after I woke up and I actually enjoyed the rest of the show.
I've found it's better to watch the show THEN visit these forums.Better to form your own opinion before entering the negativity zone lol.

Reactions: zkorejo

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Be careful praising that episode.....apparently if you really liked the week befores awesome card with kingston it means you don't watch enough wrestling.(atleast that's what I've been told HAHA)
Whoa, what a way to twist things. All I said is it wasn't the perfect episode of wrestling like you were rambling on about. Still a strong episode that I really liked.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Whoa, what a way to twist things. All I said is it wasn't the perfect episode of wrestling like you were rambling on about. Still a strong episode that I really liked.
I never said it was perfect either I thought it was really good .........but grandpa had to make a point to tell me to watch more wrestling if I thought that episode was so good....lmfao

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I never said it was perfect either I thought it was really good .........but grandpa had to make a point to tell me to watch more wrestling if I thought that episode was so good....lmfao
Again, you said it was perfect all I said is that it wasn't perfect. I'd drop this one mate. It's a really silly fight you're trying to start.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Again, you said it was perfect all I said is that it wasn't perfect. I'd drop this one mate. It's a really silly fight you're trying to start.
It was silly for you to say what you did in the first place.....I agree it is a silly argument.

781 - 800 of 802 Posts