Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PWTorch

Impact - 1.13 rating.

Pretty bad rating and a pretty bad show also I thought... I like what they did with Morgan and Fortune and EV2 but something was off with the lay out show I thought. Quarterhours should be interesting - very intriged at how the womens title brawl starting the show did and how Jeff Jarrett in the main event did.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They deserved it. Falling ratings are definitely not helping TNA when they supposedly have a few storylines that are planned for six months. If these ratings keep on getting worse, TNA will HAVE to reboot their company before it fucks up badly. They were in 1999, but now they're in 2000.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They deserved it. Falling ratings are definitely not helping TNA when they supposedly have a few storylines that are planned for six months. If these ratings keep on getting worse, TNA will HAVE to reboot their company before it fucks up badly. They were in 1999, but now they're in 2000.
:lmao

Yes because a 1.1 rating = the end of the world. :rolleyes:

Just give up

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I didn't mind the show yesterday and despite reading the spoilers, I watched the entire thing.
Oh well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
At this time, pwtorch doesn't have anything about the show's rating.

Edit: Never mind. The numbers are from Jason Powell.

Reactions: sean 590

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
It appears the post-BFG 1.4 was the anamoly. And now TNA is back to its usual 1.1's. Essentially, they're getting the same numbers they were getting before Hogan.

Suffice to say, it's time for all the old (and expensive) geezers and Russo to go. The lot of them clearly aren't earning their paychecks.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It appears the post-BFG 1.4 was the anamoly. And now TNA is back to its usual 1.1's. Essentially, they're getting the same numbers they were getting before Hogan.

Suffice to say, it's time for all the old (and expensive) geezers and Russo to go. The lot of them clearly aren't earning their paychecks.
Yeah but Hogan hasnt even been on the last two Impacts (which is fucking ridiculous by the way). It remains to be seen whether heel Hogan can draw in TNA. Im not saying he'd be bringing in 1.4 the past two episodes, but i do think the ratings would be higher than what they are.

·
Banned
8,557 Posts

You mean EV2 and Hogan?

Sting is gone, Nash is gone

Hogan will probably be gone if his back continues to bother him.

Flair is entertaining, he is the only veteran who should stay.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Not surprised about the rating. Here's a breakdown from Jason Powell:

Q1: 1.18 rating - Knockouts Brawl, Ric Flair in the ring with the Knockouts, Pope backstage with a casket

Q2: 1.06 rating - Mr. Anderson update, Flair, Eric Bischoff, and the TNA trainer, Pope promo interrupted by Abyss, Jeff Jarrett promo on Samoa Joe

Q3: 1.13 rating - Matt Morgan backstage with Ric Flair, Robbie E vs. Jay Lethal, Beautiful People backstage with Winter,

Q4: 1.14 rating - EV2 segment interrupted by Fortune, Fortune backstage argument with Douglas Williams, Knockouts entrance

Q5: 1.29 rating - Madison Rayne, Sarita, and Tara vs. Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, and Mickie James, Abyss and Pope segment, Generation Me promo

Q6: 1.10 rating - Ink Inc. promo, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me vs. Ink Inc., Team 3D challenge The Guns

Q7: 1.05 rating - Matt Morgan and Eric Bischoff backstage, Jeff Hardy promo

Q8: 1.12 rating - A.J. Styles and Douglas Williams vs. Rob Van Dam and Raven

Overrun: ?? - Family Feud hype, Jeff Jarrett entrance and Matt Morgan out for the main event

·
Registered
188 Posts
*facepalm"

I didnt even watch impact... yet i waited for this all day

fuks sake why cant TNA just advertise their product and move to a decent arena or ballroom or some shit...so depressing. its like parking a ferrari in a shed sometimes

·
Banned
8,557 Posts
Not surprised about the rating. Here's a breakdown from Jason Powell:

Q1: 1.18 rating - Knockouts Brawl, Ric Flair in the ring with the Knockouts, Pope backstage with a casket

Q2: 1.06 rating - Mr. Anderson update, Flair, Eric Bischoff, and the TNA trainer, Pope promo interrupted by Abyss, Jeff Jarrett promo on Samoa Joe

Q3: 1.13 rating - Matt Morgan backstage with Ric Flair, Robbie E vs. Jay Lethal, Beautiful People backstage with Winter,

Q4: 1.14 rating - EV2 segment interrupted by Fortune, Fortune backstage argument with Douglas Williams, Knockouts entrance

Q5: 1.29 rating - Madison Rayne, Sarita, and Tara vs. Velvet Sky, Angelina Love, and Mickie James, Abyss and Pope segment, Generation Me promo

Q6: 1.10 rating - Ink Inc. promo, Motor City Machine Guns vs. Generation Me vs. Ink Inc., Team 3D challenge The Guns

Q7: 1.05 rating - Matt Morgan and Eric Bischoff backstage, Jeff Hardy promo

Q8: 1.12 rating - A.J. Styles and Douglas Williams vs. Rob Van Dam and Raven

Overrun: ?? - Family Feud hype, Jeff Jarrett entrance and Matt Morgan out for the main event
The KOs match should've main evented, and Q5 could've been 1.3+ if it wasnt for the Pope/Abyss brawl

Pope is a ratings killer, sorry IWC, casuals still see him as the jabronie Burke from WWECW

And also casuals wanted to see Hardy IN THE IMPACT ZONE.

Ink Inc vs Guns vs G-me shouldnt have happened, the outcome was predictable. It should've been just a Guns/3D promo.

·
DOMINATION
241 Posts
to be fair the only reason the knockouts ratings are as high as they are is because of the time. Q1 and Q5 are the beginning of the hour so people are more likely to be flipping through channels during those quarters. Which is probably the reason they put knockouts there in hopes to attract viewers with beautiful women wrestling.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Disappointed that the rating didn't go up from last week, I was hoping Hardy would be in the IZ too but nonetheless I enjoyed his video promo.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
to be fair the only reason the knockouts ratings are as high as they are is because of the time. Q1 and Q5 are the beginning of the hour so people are more likely to be flipping through channels during those quarters. Which is probably the reason they put knockouts there in hopes to attract viewers with beautiful women wrestling.
So why are they usually the highest rated segments even when they are not in Q1 and Q5?

·
Registered
621 Posts
The thing that bothers me about these ratings is that-they don't make any sence! I mean, TNA has been putting good shows lately and yet their ratings fall and on the other hand RAW sucks lately and is getting worse every week and their ratings continue to grow? It seems like no matter what TNA is doing they still can't get ratings above 1.1 on a regular base. And on the other hand whatever shit WWE is doing they keep their good ratings. It all seems pointless. But nevertheless whatever the ratings are I still enjoy Impact and Reaction and I still think it's the best wrestling show on Television. Screw those numbers-people are sheep-making good product is not enough these days, you have to have marketing tools to make the sheep follow your show.

·
8,232 Posts
The KO's continue to prove they draw the most with the 2 highest QH's by far. That 1.29 for Q5 is very impressive.

Other than that, this show was mediocre, thus the rating is well deserved. I really don't know how TNA feels about this rating, but surely they expect more considering all the money they've spent in the past year only to draw what they've been drawing for years now. I honestly feel TNA's reached their peak rating of a 1.4-1.5. If they want to go over that barrier they either need to start taping different locations and/or going live.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts