Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WCW Fan
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello once again

just thought id write a quick thread before i went to work have to go through to stirling how shit is that

anyway how awesome was the 24/7 hardcore title

i always used to love the vignettes of crash holly getting attacked in his bed lol always funny

i say bring back the 24/7 hardcore title

and yes i do realise wwe is pg rating but it wont last forever

·
Registered
919 Posts
It was a thing of the past. No point in bringing it back.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
hello once again

just thought id write a quick thread before i went to work have to go through to stirling how shit is that

anyway how awesome was the 24/7 hardcore title

i always used to love the vignettes of crash holly getting attacked in his bed lol always funny

i say bring back the 24/7 hardcore title

and yes i do realise wwe is pg rating but it wont last forever
The 24/7 rule was about as awesome as the Hornswoggle/Chavo feud so no, they absolutely should not bring it back

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The title wouldn't work in this era, but even back in the Attitude era when they implemented the 24/7 rule it pretty much cheapened it. It could have had a better legacy if it was defended like other titles. It became a comedy belt, with the rule change.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As a kid watching it, I use to absolutely love it so would be nice to see it back somehow...

My favourite memory of it was them fighting through a kiddies park bit with the plastic ball pit and everything

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I remember when Steve Blackman held onto it for what seemed like forever when I started watching. It seemed like a good belt, except when they decided to make it change hands dozens of times. It was certainly more fun than some of the midcard titles today. <_<

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The biggest problem with the 24/7 ruling became apparent very quickly - when you have that ruling in place, booking hardcore title matches on the show becomes pointless because for the champ, life is one big match anyway - and so many guys would run out and try to win the belt during the match.

It got to the point that Crash was having matches for his belt but not completing any of them - just running away. Would have been a better idea if they made the rule right away that during hardcore title matches - no one else could pin the champ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts