Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1624 Posts

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
Good episode overall. Hopefully they can get some momentum going as WWE really gave them the 'ol main roster special.

Gallagher is EXTRAORDINARY. I wondered if his style would work infront of more mainstream fans and it absolutely did. Again.... EXTRAORDINARY.

Swann's great. Kendrick's great. Match was great and I think their rivalry could be great.

Despite the fans leaving, the poor taping placement and the redundancy of them remaining on Raw there is hope. But don't let WWE know about it because killing hope is kind of their thing.
Gallagher does that technician shit better than Zack Sabre IMO, what he does actually looks effective and his comedy always hit home for some reason. I love when he puts his opponents in a "ball", it would be more badass if he germaned from it or at least did an elbow drop to the spine.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Gallagher does that technician shit better than Zack Sabre IMO, what he does actually looks effective and his comedy always hit home for some reason. I love when he puts his opponents in a "ball", it would be more badass if he germaned from it or at least did an elbow drop to the spine.
Agreed and I love Sabre jr.

I think the difference is he can make technical moves look big. You have to make it so people can see what is actually happening.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The "ball" is humorous, and if he wasn't such a good technical wrestler, it would be a stupid joke, but it's entertaingly believable (in the wrestling world of course). Jack is my favorite addition to the CW division. I was blown away by his wrestling and toughness in the CWC.....and honestly.....Zack Sabre bored me in the tournament and felt he was a bit overrated/hyped. His skills were good, it just didn't do it for me for some reason, maybe Jack just has that look and charisma that catch the attention more. This is a total Vince comment.....but Zack needs to muscle up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jack Gallagher is really the complete package. Great in ring with a really fun style, a developed and interesting character and good on the mic, judging by the few backstage promos I've seen. I think he could get over huge if he is allowed too.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
The "ball" is humorous, and if he wasn't such a good technical wrestler, it would be a stupid joke, but it's entertaingly believable (in the wrestling world of course). Jack is my favorite addition to the CW division. I was blown away by his wrestling and toughness in the CWC.....and honestly.....Zack Sabre bored me in the tournament and felt he was a bit overrated/hyped. His skills were good, it just didn't do it for me for some reason, maybe Jack just has that look and charisma that catch the attention more. This is a total Vince comment.....but Zack needs to muscle up.
I was right there with you in being bored to death by ZSJ. After all the hype I expected tons more than I saw in the CWC, he ACTUALLY looked like someone any random in the street could beat up. I really dig Gallagher though, he brings a level of performance to the technical stuff and his showmanship makes it so much more entertaining.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
Don't be ashamed. In fact, it was ZSJ's physique that drew me off of him. He looks like a 16 year old having his first match! The only thing that stands out about him is that U.K. garb he wears to the ring, but y'know, a piece of clothing can only take you so far. Dude is a fuckin twig. He has to submit his guys, cause there is no way in hell he could pull of a believable slam. If I was wrestling him...I would no sell everything.

Good thing I'm behind a keyboard.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just had this recorded and getting to it now. Why isn't Superstars on the network today? Has it been cancelled? Instead of Superstars, they are doing 205 Live instead? No weekly updates except This Week? sorry I've been busy.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,557 Posts
Don't be ashamed. In fact, it was ZSJ's physique that drew me off of him. He looks like a 16 year old having his first match! The only thing that stands out about him is that U.K. garb he wears to the ring, but y'know, a piece of clothing can only take you so far. Dude is a fuckin twig. He has to submit his guys, cause there is no way in hell he could pull of a believable slam. If I was wrestling him...I would no sell everything.

Good thing I'm behind a keyboard.
He got caught up and tore apart in the CWC because of Dar and Gallagher. Dar is younger than him, has a better physique, and has a sense of cocky heel with his work. Gallagher is fun, is technical, is whimsical and includes the crowd. Sabre just didn't have a look, skill set, or personality. Why pay him what he may be looking for when you can pay those two?

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
So I finished watching the first episode of 205 Live. I still find the whole concept of it kinda pointless - I mean I get that you might feel further exposure might be needed for an Average Joe audience, fine, but if you’re going to give no more time to storytelling or character work than you did in your average episode of the CW Classic, then what is this show achieving? Just further in ring action? We already have plenty of that, the CW’s in ring ability was never in question, the problem was they were all looking like lost puppies trying to find purpose in the choreography.

But if it’s still fun even despite all of that? Then I’m still game and I’m sure it will be very fun now moving forwards given they’ve put the title on Rich Swann. I didn’t realise how real Swann’s backstory was, some of the more “colourful” (I know how disgusting that sounds) details have actually been left out. Well done WWE. I love that little speech after Swann won the title, reading up on him a bit certainly help, but I'm finally sold on a CW champion. It only took two gos in very quick succession to get it right!

Elsewhere, the Bollywood Boys get the historic first win of the show? Interesting choice. The match itself was a bit of a nothing match too really. I did love the terrible interviewing after the match though. She made it so awkward for them corning them on the ramp. Also lumpy matts and greasy ropes? Wut?

Also, yay! Jack Gallagher finally got his debut!! I love watching this dude work. It’s just a shame that by the time he came out you could hear a cricket fart in that arena. The audio video team weren’t even doing a very good job in disguising the fact, they may as well have edited in tumbleweeds.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,557 Posts
Well tbh they got some character development. The CW talent wasn't even given vignettes individually on Raw and Foley botched all their intros in the debut

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
Well tbh they got some character development. The CW talent wasn't even given vignettes individually on Raw and Foley botched all their intros in the debut
I guess but that is because we've comparing repacked, recorded interviews from the CW Classic sandwiched around the matches to the absolute nothing they get on Raw. You literally could have had them make fart noises into the camera and it would count as more storytelling and character development than what they had on Raw.

It's lucky that the division is still so colourful in their characters and in ring styles so they can bring stuff to the matches even though they are given fuck all to work with. As soon as someone turns up who is a bit bland or average in the ring, this whole CW Division is gonna swallow them whole.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. Pleased for Rich Swann who deserves to be CW Champion. Also agree with everybody that likes Jack Gallagher. Great in the ring and hugely entertaining.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Just had this recorded and getting to it now. Why isn't Superstars on the network today? Has it been cancelled? Instead of Superstars, they are doing 205 Live instead? No weekly updates except This Week? sorry I've been busy.
205Live has officially replaced Superstars. Superstars is cancelled. Curtis Axel appreciates your concern.

·
Registered
12,663 Posts
it is absurd how quiet the crowds have been for 205 Live. I was expecting dead crowds. I was not expecting THIS dead crowds.

161 - 180 of 1624 Posts