Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,961 Posts
Re: New CW Division Show: 205 Live premieres Nov. 29 on WWE Network

Rich Swann did it! :D

·
Registered
12,663 Posts

glad Swann won. This division right now needs him as champ way more than they do Kendrick as champ.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts

Holy shit can't believe they took the belt off of TBK so soon. I mean I dig Swann but it wasn't much of a chase to be honest.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

Black Jericho did it!

·
Premium Member
9,928 Posts
Swann is the man! Glad they are running with him.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Really happy Swann won the belt, he deserves it, really good match towards the end too.

Jack Gallagher was also immense, watching him wrestle is fascinating.

Reactions: MillionDollarProns

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's still batshit nuts they're putting this out post Smackdown Live but at least it's building guys up and helping them to get over. While the crowd were mostly dead they seemed to enjoy Jackie boy and they got invested in the main event. Best title match since CWC came to the main roster. Swanns post match interview was great.

Those sit down vignettes and VT packages will do more to introduce the characters than a bumbling in ring intro from Foley on RAW ever will.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,557 Posts
It's still batshit nuts they're putting this out post Smackdown Live but at least it's building guys up and helping them to get over. While the crowd were mostly dead they seemed to enjoy Jackie boy and they got invested in the main event. Best title match since CWC came to the main roster. Swanns post match interview was great.

Those sit down vignettes and VT packages will do more to introduce the characters than a bumbling in ring intro from Foley on RAW ever will.
People seem to be glossing over that they can't tape it before SD. They didn't tape ECW before SD either almost all the time bar stuff like the Strip Poker show. The start time to get to these tapings is 6:15-6:30 for people. That gives them time to do a match or two and fill it out with recaps like Superstars became or Main Event has become since SD went live.

IF SD started a hour later like Raw used to run when it was two hours and they would tape HEat, it would be plausible but it just isn't right now.

Also about the crowd shrinking after SD. People want a CWC feel and that only happened because of the small Full Sail audience. Anyone who stays wants to be there and participate in the show and tapings. They want to invest in the workers unlike on raw who didn't give a fuck about them and saw them as simply another Neville. All WWE has to do is cut the lights out to black out the crowd and focus on the ring like with ECW

·
SLAVE.
3,384 Posts
So I watched the first 20 minutes of this, is this more contextless matches for the Cruiserweight's where all they get is what they bring in with them? Because if so, why? They were putting on great matches on Raw, that was never in question, what they needed was stories to tell and so if this is gonna be all in ring as well... what is the point?

Also did Austin Aries hint he's joining the division?

And it's funny that the CW is Raw's but it's taped after SmackDown and with no adjustment to their set.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
That was a great ending to the show. Tag match fell completely flat, but everything after that was enjoyable. Austin Aries reign of terror is going to be something to behold. If you haven't been familiar with his work in the past....get ready.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Why isn't Pac not included in this?
Don't know, he should be, he would fit in perfectly and he's doing literally nothing on Raw. Off topic, but I really hope Flex Kavana appears at Wrestlemania next year. ;)

I really liked 205 Live. Smart to make the show a big deal out of the gate with a title change. Wasn't the greatest match, but pretty good- I'm still waiting for the cruiserweights to really wow me with a standout match post-CWC. But Swann's charisma shone, he woke up the Smackdown crowd which were reacting to the show politely at best before he showed up. And great move to have Kendrick interviewed post match to allow him to sell his determination to come back and get his title. It shows he's not being transitioned out of the title picture in the slightest.

Made me so happy to see Jack Gallagher again. That guy is amazing. Speaking of amazing, does Akira Tozawa's involvement in this show mean he signed a WWE contract?! I was under the impression he was doing the Kota Ibushi thing of just appearing whenever.

Also, Austin Aries' involvement is intriguing. Wasn't the greatest commentator- he didn't have a ton to say, and he had the same problem a lot of wrestlers have as guest commentators, not speaking clearly/loudly enough into his mic. But teasing that he's coming for the Cruiserweight Title... wow! I figured he'd be in NXT for a long time to come. Either his injury has led WWE to fast-track him... or maybe he went into business for himself... hahaha, highly unlikely, but I chuckle at the thought of it.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Good episode overall. Hopefully they can get some momentum going as WWE really gave them the 'ol main roster special.

Gallagher is EXTRAORDINARY. I wondered if his style would work infront of more mainstream fans and it absolutely did. Again.... EXTRAORDINARY.

Swann's great. Kendrick's great. Match was great and I think their rivalry could be great.

Despite the fans leaving, the poor taping placement and the redundancy of them remaining on Raw there is hope. But don't let WWE know about it because killing hope is kind of their thing.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I got to watch this and have to say it was great

I think the WWE should just get rid of the Raw only CW title and have it on all of the brands because is it really an raw only title?? the wrestlers fight in both raw and NXT

141 - 160 of 1624 Posts