Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
FOTC
10,335 Posts
Charlotte winning the Royal Rumble is actually good for Becky -- it puts the focus on "nepotism" instead of the fact that Becky has steamrolled the division without actually elevating it. I still don't believe Charlotte will choose Becky -- they will just keep her decision lingering as a way to send her to all three shows.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I cant help but think Vince is doing his plans in motion he had for last year.

So Becky was supposed to face Ronda at SS. To me the plan was Charlotte wins Royal Rumble 2019 to face Ronda 1on 1 to main event WM35 just them two no Becky.

What would Becky have been doing at WM35? Proabaly have a SD title match with Asuka somewhere in the middle of the card.

But as we all know Becky's face gets busted by Nia and blah blah yada yada we all know the story.

SO this year Vince is gonna do his original plans for last year.

Will Vince take the title off Becky to either Charlotte or Ronda before WM36? I dont know he might

·
Since Day One
9,827 Posts
Even I'm happy that she won a Rumble. I feel there were better options, more suitable, lesser known people who could use a Rumble win. But, at least I know she'll put on a great match.

I will say it's completely opposite of Roaman's win. Roman looked like a million bucks, had the Rock help him, and had been dominant all year prior. If I had to book Charlotte to win this year's rumble this is how I would have done it.

I'm not for the decision, but the execution was well done.
People are gonna think that I’m just being a mark when I say this, but I honestly don’t think that there was a better option than Charlotte to win the Rumble (at least with all the competitors that we got). Had Sasha Banks not been injured, I’d have picked her.

Baszler? Naaaah. Not with her resume of underwhelming matches under her belt.

Belair? Too early. I think more time in NXT will do her some good. Establishing yourself as a must see brand on NXT goes a long way of getting yourself over on the main roster.

I’m sorry, but there just wasn’t anyone else to me that had a good case to be considered a viable option for either Becky or Bayley.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I can hate but accept that bayley is still champion after Lacey botched nearly every spot. I can hate but grudgingly accept that Charlotte won meaning shayna loses any upside of going main roster. I cannot accept Becky no moves Lynch beating Asuka to get yet another ego boost so we are left with the 2 worst horsewomen as champions,shayna nowhere and Charlotte coasting to mania....YAY

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
1. Asuka got a win over Becky at last year's Rumble when Becky was super over.
2. Becky has held the title for nearly a year and isn't dropping it before Mania when there are big match ups still on the table.
3. Why are you mad when everyone knew the result was a foregone exclusion?

·
Registered
70 Posts
1. Asuka got a win over Becky at last year's Rumble when Becky was super over.
2. Becky has held the title for nearly a year and isn't dropping it before Mania when there are big match ups still on the table.
3. Why are you mad when everyone knew the result was a foregone exclusion?
Because I hoped it wasn't a foregone conclusion and the best wrestler would win....and apart from a missing Sasha and Charlotte killing any hype for shayna I got bayley...boring bayley,better than " I can't land any move" Lacey....and "facial expressions over ability" becky

·
TONI POR TODO!
4,523 Posts
If anything...
Bayley = Optimus Prime and Lacey = Megatron.
:)

·
This is my show now
1,338 Posts
I wish they had a rule that you couldn't be in the rumble if you had already won a title, it's like money in the bank when a 10 time world champion wins it, do they really need it to get a title shot?
lol she was shoehorned into the Mania ME last year without winning anything to get there, it's not about needing a title shot but the accolade of winning the rumble, thereby killing the women's division as no one else gets any build up. If you compare Becky and Asuka's rumble wins, they were the stars of the division going into the rumble and fans cared about their RTWM. Is there any excitement about her RTWM she wrestled and defeated both the current champions in the last year? No. People want Sasha vs. Bayley and Becky vs. Ronda for the titles

·
The face that runs the List
10,256 Posts
That match was overall uninteresting and poorly scripted. Most of the NXT chicks were useless and not famous enough (Xia, Dakota, Chelsea, whoever the green-haired one is) for the crowd to care.
Rhea should have had Bianca's spot.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts