Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
24,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Women’s Royal Rumble Match

WWE said:
For the third year in a row, 30 female Superstars will battle for the opportunity at sports-entertainment immortality in the Women’s Royal Rumble Match. The winner of the massive melee will go on to challenge for a World Championship at WrestleMania 36.

The first Superstar to declare for the over-the-top-rope extravaganza is Charlotte Flair, who is laser-focused on reclaiming her place on top of the mountain after finishing as the runner-up in last year’s Royal Rumble.

The high-stakes free-for-all will start with two competitors, and Superstars enter the ring at equal intervals. This continues until all 30 Superstars have entered the bout. Elimination occurs when a Superstar is thrown over the top rope, and both feet hit the floor. The last Superstar in the ring will be declared the victor.

Don’t miss the wildly unpredictable Women’s Royal Rumble Match, Sunday, Jan. 26, at 7 ET/4 PT, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network!

·
Registered
345 Posts
It would be way more interesting if they would reduce the participants to 20. The past 2 editions have clearly shown that the women's division is too small to keep a 30 women RR match interesting all the way through. I mean we had like 12-13 returns in 2018 LOL

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'll be shock if Baszler, Rousey, Sasha or Charlotte doesn't win cause those are the logical four I can see winning the Women's Royal Rumble Match this year but I would mark out if Io Shirai won it!

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,100 Posts
Nia Jax could be returning to the ring for WWE soon.
It was noted on Twitter by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Jax could still be back in time for the 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match later this month.
"Not sure but Nia timetable last I heard made that at least a possibility," Meltzer wrote when a fan asked if Ruby Riott or Jax would be able to return at the Rumble.

Jax underwent double knee surgery back on April 25 of last year and was said to be doing great, ahead of schedule with her recovery during the summer. It was reported in June that Jax should be back in time for the 2020 Rumble pay-per-view, but there haven't been many updates on her status since.
As of this writing, Charlotte Flair is the only name announced for the 30-Woman Royal Rumble Match. It's been reported, but not confirmed, that each Rumble Match will feature 10 Superstars from WWE NXT, 10 from RAW, and 10 from SmackDown. Jax is still a member of the RAW roster.
The 2002 WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view will take place on January 26 at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. Stay tuned for updates on the Rumble and Jax's WWE status.
Source: Nia Jax Possibly Returning At The 2020 WWE Royal Rumble - Wrestling Inc.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
I would have Sasha win and then tease that she's going to challenge for the Raw Women's Championship, lulling Bayley into a false sense of security and then eventually turns on Bayley. Sasha/Bayley is the only WrestleMania worthy women's match that SmackDown has.

·
Registered
345 Posts
As of today, January 20th, both Rumbles are actually quite unpredictable. I'm actually starting to have real faith. They just have 1 Raw and 1 SD episode left to fuck everything up

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I'll be shock if Baszler, Rousey, Sasha or Charlotte doesn't win cause those are the logical four I can see winning the Women's Royal Rumble Match this year but I would mark out if Io Shirai won it!
Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that Charlotte will win this. She's booked like Wonder Woman and it just seems like something they would do, because they got to give Charlotte that "Ric Flair '92" performance at some point, just because, and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm starting to believe that Charlotte will win this. She's booked like Wonder Woman and it just seems like something they would do, because they got to give Charlotte that "Ric Flair '92" performance at some point, just because, and the thought of it makes me sick to my stomach.
I know WWE makes questionable decisions, but this is next level.
I doubt even the biggest fans of both Charlotte and Becky want them to have another match. This soon anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
What NXT + cameo appearances do you think could happen tonight? I think we're gonna see just as many NXT women as the main roster, just due to the volume of the active rosters.

We could see Shayna Baszler, Mercedes Martinez, Candice LaRae, Mia Yim, Dakota Kai, Tegan Nox, Xia Li, Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, Xia Brookside, and Piper Niven all appear in the match. I think Bianca and Rhea will both miss the Rumble, due to already being booked for a NXT Championship match. I also don't expect to see Vanessa Bourne or Taynara Conti compete.

As far cameos, I'm hoping for AJ Lee, Kaitlyn, and Melina. Ronda is the widely anticipated surprise appearance. I'm also curious if Nikki Bella will show up.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I just want to thank Mandy Rose for existing.

Jesus christ she reminds me of early 2000s Trish which I think is the most beautiful creation I've ever seen

·
Premium Member
16,574 Posts
I get that Charlotte had to win a rumble at some point because she's 1) Blonde 2) fake tits 3) Flair, but jesus christ the crowd wanted Shayna. Now we have to sit through 2 months of heel/face Charlotte. No one doubts Charlotte is going to be at Wrestlemania. It's a complete waste of a match concept. It's like a 45 minute "fuck you" to the fans. Like they need an excuse to give Charlotte a singles match, title match, any kind of match at Wrestlemania.

WWE is the company who miss the most opportunities. The rumble concept needs to change. But, Charlotte did have a post-match promo.

·
Premium Member
9,654 Posts
I get that Charlotte had to win a rumble at some point because she's 1) Blonde 2) fake tits 3) Flair, but jesus christ the crowd wanted Shayna. Now we have to sit through 2 months of heel/face Charlotte. No one doubts Charlotte is going to be at Wrestlemania. It's a complete waste of a match concept. It's like a 45 minute "fuck you" to the fans. Like they need an excuse to give Charlotte a singles match, title match, any kind of match at Wrestlemania.

WWE is the company who miss the most opportunities. The rumble concept needs to change. But, Charlotte did have a post-match promo.
WWE just loves stat padding their chosen ones. It was only matter of time before Charlotte won.

·
Registered
851 Posts

As soon as she eliminated Bianca I knew she was going to win. Bianca should've stayed until the end because only Charlotte or Shayna were true candidates to win.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts