Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2019, history was made, as for the first time N.X.T. participated in the Brand vs Brand supremacy matches and won 4 of the matches. Now my ? for you all is, will N.X.T. be a part of the Fall classic once again??

Currently their champions are N.X.T. Champion Finn Balor, N.X.T. Tag Champs Breezedango , N.X.T. North American Champion Damien Priest, N.X.T. Womens Champ Io Shire, and last bot not lease N.X.T. Cruiserweight Champion Santos Escobar .

Now while last year the main champions defended against people from their own show, the other champions faced their
equivalent in that category.

It was a great show, but kind of hard to watch the action entirely with 15 people at ringside. Also, the Crown Jewel P.P.V. had issues with getting the staff back( this is a whole nother discussion ).

My ? is will they be including N.X.T. again this year, and will this year the main champions captain the team like in 2016, or will they face off against one another??

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
It wouldn’t surprise me if it were just Raw and SmackDown this year. I would prefer to see Raw vs. NXT though. Let SmackDown do its own thing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Not sure NXT will be involved. It looks like they can do the traditional match with the Hurt Business and Retribution, even though I want to see Lashley go for the title at some point.

For SD, they could do Romans tribe vs ? I don't think it would be Rollins and others so maybe The Forgotten Sons?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hopefully just Raw and Smackdown this year. I got the impression it was desperation to get NXT more publicity last year to rival AEW but I think even WWE know that NXT is never going to be a draw now and is back to being treated as the developmental brand it is.

I do not even think a RAW vs Smackdown event is necessary as the draft only happened a few weeks back. A good few Survivor Series matches between the talents on their own brand would showcase the talent for a future path better imo, add in a few title matches or feud matches and do the best with it.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I can see a triple threat happening with the women’s titles (Asuka vs Sasha vs Io) and the tag titles (New Day vs Street Profits vs Burch & Lorcan). The world titles (Orton vs Reigns vs Balor), and midcard titles (Lashley vs Zayn vs Priest) I’m unsure of.

In other words, it depends on the matches. Some might benefit with NXT added, and some might be better off if NXT (or the other brands), are excluded from the match.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could hell be freezeing over?? Could for the first time in over 20 years, could there be a battle Royal with the winners of the matches ? Now this is just my philosophy is I’m sitting here drinking my coffee, the tagline “best of the best”! I wonder why they’re randomly having this tagline, and none of the teams are really getting along. Could it be you leaning towards a winners battle royale to achieve a reward?? Perhaps a future title shot, perhaps number 30 in the royal rumble who knows?

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
WHO CARES

These pointless brand supremacy matches have left absolutely nowhere for years.

·
it's a tarp!
5,768 Posts
They could make it more interesting by giving the survivors one million dollars.

Then everybody turns on each other, for a proper Survivor Series.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
4,052 Posts
In my opinion, the build up for this Survivor Series was lame. Last year they had NXT there, the year(s) before they had one brand attacking another one on their shows. This year like nothing happened and the draft was pretty close anyway.
Months before I thought, that this Surv.Series could be about Retribution having some matches, but you all know what happened with Retribution meanwhile.
Some matches are okay, but my expectations for this big PPV are pretty low.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The format is so stale with any brand involvement. I personally am glad NXT are not involved as I don't care what anyone says it is mostly developmental.
However the RAW vs Smackdown format is bland and pointless, like what does brand supremacy mean when it is the same company?

I wish Survivor Series was more like the original format with competing teams against each other that are made up of feuds and team promos and team names.
Plus it would allow more talents to be featured rather than just Vince's bizarre favourites getting all the spots.
Look at the elimination matches this year, how has Otis, Corbin, Lana, Evans, Royce etc made those teams when Bryan, Big E, Crews, Murphy, Crews, Gulak, Black, Garza etc are no where in sight despite being far better wrestlers and more entertaining?
Survivor Series is just a lazy month for WWE now but yet again creative is hardly firing on all cylinders at the best of times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts