Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to create an AEW Wrestler Tier List on AEW Wrestlers for 2020 (so far) according to the wrestlers that appear on AEW | All Elite Wrestling Roster | Official Website

The tier you place the wrestler in is your overall opinion of these wrestlers as indiviudals based on their charisma, mic skills, in-ring ability and likeability mashed into a single rating. If you do not have an opinion on a specific wrestler, feel free to skip them.

The ranking system goes from S Tier to F Tier.
Using the logic that S Tier is "Stone Cold Steven Austin" or "The Rock" level and F Tier is "Worse of all time" level.

6 Male Wrestlers & 2 Female Wrestlers will be rated at a time.

Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page
Eddie Kingston
John Silver
Joey Janela
MJF
Shawn Spears

Female:
Brandi Rhodes
Anna Jay

If people are interested in this thread, I will add the wrestler's pictures to their tiers and post another forum with a new list of wrestlers to rate. :)

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Page - B

Eddie Kingston - C

John Silver - E

Joey Janela - E

MJF - B

Shawn Spears - D (Not his fault, awful booking)

Women:

Brandi Rhodes - E

Anna Jay - D

·
Premium Member
6,945 Posts
Are we talking all time or in context? I will assume in context. I get that in a Japanese system, S is best somehow.

Hangman' Adam Page - A
Eddie Kingston - B+
John Silver - F
Joey Janela - Z (Sorry F is not good enough)
MJF - A
Shawn Spears - C

Female:
Brandi Rhodes - E
Anna Jay - C

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,212 Posts
'Hangman' Adam Page - A (Future star for sure)
Eddie Kingston - B (The guy is a beast)
John Silver - C (He's great on BTE)
Joey Janela - E (Not a fan but the Moxley match was good)
MJF - A (Prodigy of wrestling like he says)
Shawn Spears - C (I like him, putting him in the Horsemen should be good)

Brandi Rhodes - C (I like her so kinda biased, needs a lot of improvement in the ring, but good charisma and mic skills)
Anna Jay - C (Has come pretty far, pretty fast, extremely beautiful, but still green)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a personal opinion, your bias is completely valid and welcomed. We're basically rating how much you like a certain wrestlers so far in 2020. For example, last year I'd put Jerchio in A tier, however he'd currently be C.

Everyone's opinion will be added and their rank will be places in accordance to their average score.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,728 Posts
Nice thread.

Hangman Page - A - Huge star and future champion for sure. Will be a regular main event guy for many years.

Eddie Kingston - B+ - I'm tempted to give him an A. Need to see more of his matches first, but he's the best they've got on the mic.

John Silver - D - Probably would've been lower than that a few weeks ago but he's got some charisma.

Joey Janela - F - Not a fan of his.

MJF A+ - He's just absolutely brilliant. Fantastic in the mic, great in ring and has bags of charisma. Just an all round great talent and future champion at some point, just like Page.

Brandi - E - Her good promo skills prevent her from getting an F but she's absolutely terrible between the ropes.

Anna Jay - B - Probably will be an A if you ask me this in 12 months. Has bags of charisma and just has a huge star presence about her. Just lacks in ring experience, but with the limited number of matches she's had she's still very good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
MJF - S (yes i think he is THAT good)
Hangman' Adam Page - A
Eddie Kingston - C
Shawn Spears - C (really bad booking)
John Silver - D
Joey Janela - E (there are a few that are worse than him, so he gets 1 point by default)

Brandi Rhodes - C (only for her great promo work and charisma)
Anna Jay - D+ (future star but still needs some experience)

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
I want to create an AEW Wrestler Tier List on AEW Wrestlers for 2020 (so far) according to the wrestlers that appear on AEW | All Elite Wrestling Roster | Official Website

View attachment 91031

The tier you place the wrestler in is your overall opinion of these wrestlers as indiviudals based on their charisma, mic skills, in-ring ability and likeability mashed into a single rating. If you do not have an opinion on a specific wrestler, feel free to skip them.

The ranking system goes from S Tier to F Tier.
Using the logic that S Tier is "Stone Cold Steven Austin" or "The Rock" level and F Tier is "Worse of all time" level.

6 Male Wrestlers & 2 Female Wrestlers will be rated at a time.

Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page
Eddie Kingston
John Silver
Joey Janela
MJF
Shawn Spears

Female:
Brandi Rhodes
Anna Jay

If people are interested in this thread, I will add the wrestler's pictures to their tiers and post another forum with a new list of wrestlers to rate. :)
I can’t do ‘the SCSA level, or Rock level’ thing - that is most fans points of reference, but I wasn’t watching

So, S tier for me will be based on today’s wrestling world

Hangman - A
Eddie Kingston - B
John Silver - B
Joey Janela - D
MJF - A
Shawn Spears - C

Brandi - C
Anna Jay - C

·
Registered
7,535 Posts
'Hangman' Adam Page - A (Future star for sure)
Eddie Kingston - B (The guy is a beast)
John Silver - C (He's great on BTE)
Joey Janela - E (Not a fan but the Moxley match was good)
MJF - A (Prodigy of wrestling like he says)
Shawn Spears - C (I like him, putting him in the Horsemen should be good)

Brandi Rhodes - C (I like her so kinda biased, needs a lot of improvement in the ring, but good charisma and mic skills)
Anna Jay - C (Has come pretty far, pretty fast, extremely beautiful, but still green)
Lol, ours is very similar

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
S comes between R and T, one of the few things in Anime that bothers me

A
B - Hangman, MJF
C - Shawn Spears, Eddie Kingston
D - Anna Jay, John Silver, Brandi
E - Joey Janela
F

·
Registered
121 Posts
There should not be Tiers in AEW. There shouldn't be any Brass Ring. Are you guys really AEW Fans?
just like in life, not everybody is equal
you will find
the strong, the average, and the weak
the smart, the average, and the dumb
the rich, the average, and the poor

a company can't have all the wrestlers on the same level
some are talented more than others
some can talk better than others
some are popular more than others

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,318 Posts
First of all, I love your idea and concept of this thread, OP! Well done here on your part :D

I’ll be sure to get post my rankings of those AEW wrestlers once I return home later in the afternoon, and I’m able to copy/paste those talents in order :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page - A - Does a pretty good job acting and wrestling these days.
Eddie Kingston - C - Yelling into the mic and being fat only gets you so far.
John Silver - S - I love this little n****a like you wouldn't believe.
Joey Janela - B - Suicidal bumps, great hair. Not much else at this point, but I can't help it - I like the dude.
MJF - A - He belongs in the main event.
Shawn Spears - E - I don't even hate the guy, he just doesn't interest me in te slightest. Stupid mohawk.

Female:
Brandi Rhodes - E - She looks fine, not doubt, but that's kinda all she has to offer to me.
Anna Jay - D - See above with a bit more skill.

·
Premium Member
11,450 Posts
Right now

Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page - B
Eddie Kingston - C
John Silver - C (if he sticks to comedy he could be one of the most popular lower cards ever and would have a permanent spot)
Joey Janela - D
MJF - A
Shawn Spears - C

Female:
Brandi Rhodes - C
Anna Jay - C

This is how i see Potential (finding the right character + improving look/ring-work for some)

Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page - S
Eddie Kingston - A
John Silver - B
Joey Janela - C
MJF - S
Shawn Spears - C
Female:
Brandi Rhodes - B
Anna Jay - A

·
Registered
3 Posts
Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page - B. Still missing something but hoping that being out of the team helps.
Eddie Kingston - C
John Silver - D
Joey Janela - E
MJF - A
Shawn Spears - D

Female:
Brandi Rhodes - E
Anna Jay - C

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
11,318 Posts
Male:

- Adam Page: A

- Eddie Kingston: B

- John Silver: C

- Joey Janela: C (I think he's kinda underrated as a talent)

- MJF: B (I think he gets overhyped by some folks often and is even overrated too, but he definitely belongs in the upper card)

- Shawn Spears: D

Female:

- Brandi Rhodes: D

- Anna Jay: C

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Male:
'Hangman' Adam Page - B
Eddie Kingston - D
John Silver - D
Joey Janela - F