Melania Trump (as herself), “Fahrenheit 11/9”

WORST SCREENPLAY

“Death of a Nation”
“Fifty Shades Freed”
“Gotti”
“Happytime Murders”
“Winchester”

WORST REMAKE, RIPOFF or SEQUEL

“Death of a Nation” (remake of “Hillary’s America”)
“Death Wish”
“Holmes & Watson”
“The Meg” (ripoff of “Jaws”)
“Robin Hood”

WORST SCREEN COMBO

“Any two actors or puppets (especially in those creepy sex scenes),” “Happytime Murders”
“Johnny Depp and his fast-fading film career,” “Sherlock Gnomes”
“Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly (trashing two of literature’s most beloved characters),” “Holmes & Watson”
“Kelly Preston and John Travolta (getting ‘Battlefield Earth’-type reviews!),” “Gotti”
“Donald J. Trump and his self-perpetuating pettiness,” “Death of a Nation” and “Fahrenheit 11/9”
https://www.thewrap.com/holmes-watson-gotti-razzie-nominations/

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Anyone else get annoyed by them including a shitty political doc in the noms. Every year they do it just so they can include some politician as worst actor/actress.

Feel bad for Brian Henson. He had that movie in development for 20 years. It didn't turn out very well, but I feel like if he didn't have to compromise so much to get it made, it might have turned out better. Of course it probably would played better had it come out 20 years ago. Stuff like Avenue Q, Greg The Bunny, Angel: Smile Time, etc already covered most of the naughty adult Muppet material.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,058 Posts
In a year, Travolta went from greatness in The People v OJ Simpson down to the pits in Gotti. This may be more embarrassing than Battlefield Earth!

·
40,752 Posts
Anyone else get annoyed by them including a shitty political doc in the noms. Every year they do it just so they can include some politician as worst actor/actress.

Feel bad for Brian Henson. He had that movie in development for 20 years. It didn't turn out very well, but I feel like if he didn't have to compromise so much to get it made, it might have turned out better. Of course it probably would played better had it come out 20 years ago. Stuff like Avenue Q, Greg The Bunny, Angel: Smile Time, etc already covered most of the naughty adult Muppet material.
Not really. It's all tongue in cheek. Trump = ratings also. He's a sack of shit, but this can't be denied.

·
Registered
12,724 Posts
Maybe it has to do with the compromises you've eluded to, but from what I heard it just wasn't the dark movie it should have been. I didn't see it but, again from what I heard, it was humor more in line with Scary Movie 5 than it was say an R rated, darker, Roger Rabbit.

It's a shame because if done right it could have been a hilariously super dark comedy, like the show Happy.

You also may have been right about the timing. I'm sorry to say society isn't in a place right now where they can laugh at politically incorrect puppets.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
holmes and watson is the only film Ive heard on this list and it got ripped apart.

not sure whats going on with johnny depp these days, guy is a car crash. Seem to remember that they are even dropping him from the pirates of the caribbean movies.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
0% on Rotten Tomatoes
Is that a first ever on RT :lmao?

In a year, Travolta went from greatness in The People v OJ Simpson down to the pits in Gotti. This may be more embarrassing than Battlefield Earth!
Travolta has had one of the weirdest Hollywood careers ever, it's always up and down.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Ever since Battlefield Earth John Travolta's career and personal life has been mostly

If I were his publicist I'd advise John to shave off his hair and come out of the closet already.

The Ridiculous 6 also has 0%
Half way there now and it's a good look for him.

Bsb54JyAvAB

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Ever since Battlefield Earth John Travolta's career and personal life has been mostly

If I were his publicist I'd advise John to shave off his hair and come out of the closet already.

The Ridiculous 6 also has 0%
Who's idea was that to make a crap book like Battlefield Earth into a crap movie?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I will be true: I didn't watch those movies. But talking about politics... Those awards are to make humor, and humor sense can be used as an instrument of power in pro or against political entities. It's ironic but true.

·
My mom thinks I'm cool.
2,087 Posts
Does anyone actually watch the Razzies?

I mean I tried to once, but I'd rather watch any one of these movies than attempt that again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts