Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start of the season is next week, so a good time to make this thread. The current top 25:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. Texas
11. Texas A&M
12. Washington
13. Oregon
14. Penn State
15. Utah
16. Auburn
17. UCF
18. Wisconsin
19. Iowa
20. Michigan State
21. Washington State
22. Syracuse
23. Stanford
24. Iowa State
25. Northwestern

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
Go Dawgs!!!! :mark: :mark: :mark:

Playoff picks:
Georgia
Clempson
Washington
Ohio State

Mainly picking the 3 teams I wanna see Georgia play the most. And of course they’ll play and beat Alabama in the SEC Championship Game.

I could really use a Georgia dream season so I’m all in on this year!

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
Miami's and Florida's offenses both did not impress last night

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm really looking forward to these Saturdays of college football.

I want to be realistic on Alabama, which I'm a big fan of the Tide.

I believe that if Bama were to lose this season, it would be Texas A&M. Jimbo Fisher gotten a taste of what the SEC is like last season in his first year, losing three division opponents of Alabama, Mississippi State and Auburn. With Kellen Mond entering his junior year, Fisher will make damn sure he wants to beat them in their own backyard.

About our defense. There's gonna be lots of holes to be filled, especially losing Dylan Moses for the season with a torn ACL. Our defense is young and there will be some growing pains in some games. As I've said above, we may possibly lose to Texas A&M. We could also lose to Auburn on the road, if they get exhausted by their no-huddle offense and get beat up all season long. I'm not saying that our defense could be bad, cause Saban knows exactly what to do, but they will have to stay on their feet.

About our offense. We've lost some key players of OL Jonah Williams, RBs Josh Jacobs & Damien Harris, and Irv Smith Jr, but we've still got most of our offense back. Honestly, this will be a challenging year for Tua, after seeing three big name offensive lineman declare for the NFL Draft. We'll see how good our young offensive line is.

Overall, I think we'll go either undefeated, or go 11-1, losing to either Texas A&M or Auburn.

I wish them the best of luck this season. ROLL TIDE!!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
We're hosting Purdue tomorrow night. Could be a shoot out, though we're breaking in a new QB. If we beat Purdue, we should run the table at home (Weber State, San Jose State, New Mexico, Hawaii, UNLV) and could lose almost every road game, they're almost all bowl teams from last year. Oregon, Utah State, Fresno State, San Diego State, Wyoming, and UTEP (lol). Expect to go bowling again, 7-5 probably, maybe 8-4 and a division title if Fresno slides.

Key players on offense being our RB Taua, WRs Romeo Doubs and Caleb Fossum.

Don't turn your back on the Wolf Pack. Still running that younger Mumme offense @Arya Dark :mark

·
Registered
175 Posts
It was a slow start for Bama by not scoring anything in the first half. But thankfully, the offense found their stride and ends up overpowering Duke all day long 42-3. I knew Tua was a bit nervous in the first two drives, until he was comfortable enough to know what exactly he was doing. I was also nervous that Jerry Jeudy went down with an injury. Fortunately, it was just a dinger and he resumed playing.

The next game's obviously a cupcake game against New Mexico State, but the road game against South Carolina will be the first real challenge for Bama, going up against an SEC opponent on the road. It may not be a challenge despite Muschamp's record at South Carolina, but Muschamp knows Saban and he'll try to put up a game plan against Alabama.

What about Tennessee losing to Georgia State 38-30? That's a huge embarrassment to see the Vols lose to the underdog Panthers at home. It's gonna be a long season for them moving forward.

Glad to see Mack Brown and Les Miles get their first victories at North Carolina and Kansas respectively. We've needed coaches like them back to try to bring a little competition back to the sport.

What a game between Boise State and Florida State! I thought FSU was gonna run away with the lead going into halftime. Boise State fought hard and scored 17 points in the second half, while FSU went scoreless all throughout the second half. Great game and big win for the Broncos. While on the losing end, it will be tough for FSU to get back into contention in the ACC.

HOLY FUCK WHAT A GAME!

WAR FUCKING EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sodone
Well done to see Auburn beat Oregon in the last seconds of the game 27-21! Honestly though, the game could have gone either way for the team.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
The Mountain West had 3 teams that were 10+ pt underdogs win outright week 0/1, plus Boise State was a 6.5 pt dog and won. 9-3 overall with wins over 4 P5 teams in Purdue, Arizona, Missouri, and FSU. Fresno had a good showing losing to USC, the only disappointment was USU losing at Wake Forest.

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice season opening win for the Irish. (Y)

Doubt they finish the regular season unbeaten again but at least they pulled away in this one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
The offense is sloppy as hell, but Michigan's one lucky team to survive an upset in double overtime against Army 24-21. At the end Army's quarterback just couldn't handle the pressure against Wolverines defense.

I can't believe Chip Kelly and UCLA are now 0-2. He has seriously fall from grace, coaching Oregon to consecutive ten-win seasons and a national championship title shot in 2011, to coaching UCLA to an overall 3-10 record since he was hired by the school. He's gonna be gone after this season.

Tennessee's officially 0-2 for the first time since 1988. The history of the Vols is not on their side lol. The Vols maybe lucky if they win 1 or 2 games this season.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm off the Harbaugh bandwagon after today's shitshow of a game against Army. The Wolverines will only win three games in the Big 10 this year and will lose to Michigan State (Idc, I like both teams), Ohio State, and possibly even Maryland. I hope i'm wrong, but even still, Harbaugh needs to be fired bc he isn't ever going to take Michigan to the playoff, let alone a championship. He is stuck in 1985 too much.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm off the Harbaugh bandwagon after today's shitshow of a game against Army. The Wolverines will only win three games in the Big 10 this year and will lose to Michigan State (Idc, I like both teams), Ohio State, and possibly even Maryland. I hope i'm wrong, but even still, Harbaugh needs to be fired bc he isn't ever going to take Michigan to the playoff, let alone a championship. He is stuck in 1985 too much.
I agree.

Harbaugh does need to go indeed. As long he's coaching the Wolverines, the team would never win more than ten games and get in the College Football Playoff.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
At least Ohio State won again though I'm not thrilled with the non conference opponents they scheduled.

·
tombstone blues
14,292 Posts
The Pitt Superweapon fired again and UCF's pretensions are now a cloud of dust like Alderaan

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Pitt Superweapon fired again and UCF's pretensions are now a cloud of dust like Alderaan
UCF was bound to come back down to Earth at some point.

You have to admit, UCF made a comeback in the third quarter, lighting up three touchdowns. Unfortunately, Pitt had a little bit of gas left to score the game-winning touchdown. Tonight's loss makes it their first loss since November 2016.

TBH, I will never get why UCF should ever be called "national champions" in 2017, just because they went undefeated by beating Auburn in the Peach Bowl. They didn't beat any quality opponents to qualify them as champions.

Glad to see Georgia beat Notre Dame 23-27. The Irish can't seem to beat a Top 5 team in this day and age.

Did anyone catch the UCLA-Washington State game?

What a fucking game between both teams! Both teams have scored a total of 130 points. Chip Kelly must've have given a helluva speech, cause UCLA scored a total of 50 points in the second half. The Bruins' win means that Chip Kelly gets to keep his job.

The top contender of Game of the Year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good to see Alabama defeat Ole Miss 59-31.

Tua and DeVonta Smith seriously dominated the Ole Miss defense with 274 yards and 5 touchdowns. The connection between the two was no match, and yet Tua hasn't thrown a pick in 2019.

The defense on the other hand. Our first string defense did a good job hold Ole Miss to under 20 points. The second, third string on the other hand, they did a poor job in giving up big plays and touchdowns.

They got two weeks to prepare for Texas A&M. I know Bama can beat them by 30+ points, but our defense does need work, regardless of the victory. They can never let their guard down against teams on the road in the SEC.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Down goes the Auburn Tigers!

Kyle Trask is one tough kid. Ugly game for him, but he played through a light MCL sprain in the second half, to upset #7 Auburn 24-13. The kid's got guts. Trask has been an unexpected surprise for Florida, after Feleipe Franks went down with a broken ankle. Their defense played very well, picking Bo Nix off three times and recovered a fumble, to shut down the Tigers offense.

Florida has a tough 3-game schedule ahead of them:

October 12 - @ LSU
October 19 - @ South Carolina
Novemver 2 - Georgia

That's no cakewalk for them, but I believe they could win 2 of the 3 games. It'll be a tough one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Holy shit!

SMU was down 30-9 against Tulsa, and they ended up winning 43-37 in three overtimes.

They refuse to let their winning streak end.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts