Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Re: This version of Seth was perfect

Nah I always found him boring and his voice is intolerable whther he is face or heel.
The only time I found him slightly entertaining was during Shield vs Wyatt and Shield vs Evolution feud where he did some cool moves.
He is good for tag team matches him and reigns were my favorite tag team champions, he isn't really suited for FOTC role.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Which version do you prefer? His chickenshit heel run as champion in 2015 hiding behind The Authority or his current 2019 world champion run as the top babyface?

For me, he felt more comfortable as a heel in 2015, I even thought he had decent mic skills back then and had really good matches with Cena. He is arguably better in the ring now, but his current character isn’t doing it for me. Hopefully that will change if he distances from Becky. I still prefer heel Seth though.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I hated the booking of the matches throughout his heel run. First they took away the Curbstomp which just fit his character. They also hurt his credibility by needing not just help to win his matches but losing literally every match on TV and constant help in every match (not just random interference).

I preferred his early 2018 version over both the 2015 and 2019 versions.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
In terms of character both suck ass. 2015 he was a bitch who always needed someone to hold his hands in his matches and had those Triple H esque long monologues that he ended with some dumb laugh. In 2019 he is this beta cuck who follows behind Becky and I dont know if its his idea but likes being called "the Man's Man". Both have their problems. But there is one thing that helps 2015 Rollins case, he was a heel. It made sense for him to do all that and build heat. Now he is a face, seeing him being put on a leash by some woman doesnt build sympathy, it builds cringe.

Also 2015 Rollins had some great fucking matches, the triple threat at the Rumble, his 2 WWE championship matches against Ambrose, etc. And the heist of the century was by far the highlight of his career. 2019 Rollins hasnt done anything as cool or has had a match as good as the ones mentioned above.

Plus his look in 2015 with the WWE title looks better than the 2019 one with the UC title.

2015 Rollins by a land slide.

·
Asuka
96,544 Posts
They're both garbage, but Seth is an unlikable cunt, so being a heel made more sense, and even as a heel champion, he wasn't the absolute centerpiece of the promotion like he is now, so I'll say heel.

Of course, as a babyface, he didn't bury Dean Ambrose for a year and a half, but that's Vince. He'd have just found someone else to do it.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
I loved his heel run. Was one of the few who did. J&J really helped add to it as well as the Authority angle which wasn't nearly as overplayed at that point.

Dude was an A+ sniveling heel from the turn to the cash in and beyond.

But WWE can't book faces well, let alone FOTC's. That's their weakest facet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Authority Rollins was absolutely class. The character/gimmick Added to his great in ring work more than his current gimmick... And the cash in at mania 31 was absolute genius... P. S... Shout out to J and J security haha

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Not that it makes a lot of difference, to be honest.

I'd say 2015 though, mostly because the atrocious booking kinda got in the way of a run that could have been good. Right now, his booking is still atrocious, but he has nothing really going on for him, even his matches don't seem that good anymore.

I don't wanna sound like a conspiracy theorist, but the way this title reign is booked makes me wonder if they are deliberately sabotaging him. Whether you like the guy or not (and I really don't like him much, honestly), you gotta admit there's no way anybody would look good on his woman's leash.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Both are shite but at least as a chickenshit heel he had a character of sorts.

The current incarnation of him (whatever it is meant to be) is truly one of the worst ever wrestlers/characters and top guy champions there’s ever been!

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Although 2015 Seth was annoying and he was at times terrible at playing the chickenshit heel, he still is better than 2019 Seth. At least heel Seth Rollins had some moments that made you hate him like betraying the Shield, threatening to kill Edge and etc. And his MITB WrestleMania cash in moment is iconic so i'll give him that. His WWE title run, however, was a failure from a booking standpoint and his 'arrogant' laugh was corny af.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts