Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of people on here tend to give 2013 a hard time and say it has sucked but for me it has been great we have had some incredible matches and some fantastic moments such as...

Brock Vs Punk, Punk Vs Undertaker, The Rock winning the WWE title for the first time in 10years, Anything involving The Shield has been Gold, The Rhodes Bros Team, Bryan Vs Cena, HHH Heel Turn, The Wyatt Family Debut, Zigglers Cash In, The transition of Daniel Bryan to a true Main Event caliber superstar

So why do so many people hate on it so much?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The Road to Wrestlemania was disappointing. Ever since then, the quality of the product has been improving until Summerslam where they reached their peak. Now they are just tanking awaiting for next Road to Wrestlemania, they simply ran out of ideas until 2014. Overall, I´d say it wasn't a bad year, there were much worse, for sure.

·
Banned
859 Posts
i remmember when around post SS time ppl were saying this is one of the best years in wwe but........
it all changed when bryan did'nt became THE MAN.
good times those.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
It was good during the winter, really good during the late spring, great during the Summer, and peaked at Summerslam. Everything since then has ranged from subpar to average. 2013 is significantly better than 2012 though.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Everybody knows that the current year will always be 'the worst year yet.'
No, it's already widely regarded as far better than 2012, and at least in the league of 2011. I'd personally put it over 2011 because we've seen significant strides made across the card, and not just in RAW's main event scene. As for 2010 and 2009, I didn't watch much those years but from general opinion I gather it's considered better than them too.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Randy Orton beating Daniel Bryan inside the Hell In A Cell after a SweetChinMusic from Shawn Michaels was the highlight of the year by a absolute mile

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Every year is "the worst year ever! omg wwe needs to step up they're going to ruin the company fuck vince fuck hhh"

2013 was great. Amazing Bryan push, made him into a superstar. Great Taker/Punk feud. Brock/Punk was an awesome match, best Brock match since his return. Cena is the current WHC and is keeping the midcard warm.

Great year

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
It was a pretty good year but the 3 hour Raw seems like an age that theres always so much filler so people tent to say it was shit in the end except for this and that etc.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I think this has been a bad year for storyline delivery but actual matches were pretty good this year. But the road to wrestlemania and wrestlemania itself was a huge disappointment with taker vs punk the only standout. However from payback to summerslam I really enjoyed the WWE but the way they have booked Bryan made the whole story pointless and cringeworthy. I am a HHH fan but I have no interest in him in a suite talking the same old shite each week. Plus booking orton vs the big show is just an awful decision. With what is becoming a good set of young talent I am hoping 2014 will be a good year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The main reason the WWE sucks recently is largely because of the RAW 3 hour shows. Three hours every week is ridiculously long and tiring, and it’s made even more tedious with random matches, long droning promos, a plethora of advertisements, and infinite reminders of telling us to watch the WWE app. It’s driven most people to a point where they have simply had enough, and have decided to stop watching raw altogether, myself included. It's no longer entertaining to the majority of us... it actually feels like a sanity trial, and we should all be issued with a trophy for watching all of this shit.

Wrestlemania was also pretty terrible; the opening match with the Shield and Orton/Show/Sheamus, and the streak with Punk and the Undertaker were the only two credible matches on the show. The rest was bullshit, and when the most ultimate PPV of the year tends to stink, it kind of outweighs the few positives that the WWE somehow managed to conjure up.

And let’s not forget Night of Champions, Battleground and Hell in a Cell. The previous two were so bad that people actually demanded their money back for them.

Having said all that, I don’t think 2013 is the worst year of the WWE, but it comes pretty damn close.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts