Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously,how is it possible to like 2012 in the WWE

Smackdown had no member in the roster who can sell a PPV.Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio are good but seriously,who is gonna buy to see 4 times the same thing.Christian and Orton last year was way better,a real feud AND there was something different at every PPV
The first : The rematch of Christian
The second : The first PPV Match of heel Christian
The third : Orton could lose the title on a DQ et Christian pissed off him in the Smackdown before in a hilarious way
The fourth : No Holds Barred Match

And did I need to talk about Raw with the incredible feud between Punk and Cena,a diva feud between Beth and Kelly Kelly and well,I can admit that the tag team division is better today.

Seriously,the stupid segment,the feud who are really bad,Santino killing the USA Title really kill my interest for the WWE.Am I the alone who feels that way ?

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Smackdown's storyline development makes the term "snail's pace" seem ill-fitting. It took creative two years to have Alberto Del Rio use his fortune in a storyline. Two years. It took them four months of Del Rio and Sheamus feuding on and off for there to be some character development for each guy.

It's just the way they roll these days, though.

· The Loose Cannon
16,605 Posts
I think the product is actually on the verge of improving. The young talent are proving themselves and even the developmental scene has improved a lot. You can't deny the tag division is hotting up too. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara together is pretty exciting.

There's a lot thsat can be improved though don't get me wrong.

· Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the product is actually on the verge of improving. The young talent are proving themselves and even the developmental scene has improved a lot. You can't deny the tag division is hotting up too. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara together is pretty exciting.

There's a lot thsat can be improved though don't get me wrong.
For the tag team division,I say it before that it was really better this year after,I think it was better before and this year is pretty much boring and yes,there is talented young talent but I think there utilisation is bad.Antonio Cesaro and Damien Sandow are good because they had something special,they just need screen time and they will be over but I feel they got a really bad booking and Ryback is talented but his booking is really boring.
And yes,the developmental team is really good,the future of the WWE is ready except for one thing,the creativity,for exemple,where are the PPV like Armageddon ? The names,the stage was epic and didn't sound generic.They need people who know wrestling and can book good feud.
Look at Ziggler vs Jericho,how Jericho quits was exemple of bad booking and someone who know wrestling wouldn't had made that mistake.Make Jericho quits by had his revenge on the bad guy is maybe good for cinema,comics or everything else but it is not good for wrestling where they had to put over the bad guy

· Registered
3,204 Posts
Seriously,how is it possible to like 2012 in the WWE
When compared to the World Wrestling Federation in 1995... um, it's quite easy actually haha.

That said. I don't watch religiously anymore. I find enjoyment from the WWE but I don't partake in these marathon Monday Night RAW's. Simply watch the highlights and order a pay per view or so if it grabs my attention.

Being a casual fan, by far, helps out a lot in terms of putting up with the "bullshit" to get to the good stuff. Football starts next week, so basically I won't really give a fuck until the Royal Rumble rolls around.

· The Loose Cannon
16,605 Posts
When compared to the World Wrestling Federation in 1995... um, it's quite easy actually haha.

That said. I don't watch religiously anymore. I find enjoyment from the WWE but I don't partake in these marathon Monday Night RAW's. Simply watch the highlights and order a pay per view or so if it grabs my attention.

Being a casual fan, by far, helps out a lot in terms of putting up with the "bullshit" to get to the good stuff. Football starts next week, so basically I won't really give a fuck until the Royal Rumble rolls around.
The more I think about it the more I realise that I'm now nothing more than a casual fan when it come to watching it.

I just prefer to bitch about the bits I didnt like, or didnt watch haha. Or sing the praises of the bits I really liked, or would have liked had I watched it.

6,165 Posts
I started watching Raw last night and then realized I had to be up early this morning for a conference call. I decided I'd rather go to bed than sit up past midnight watching a show I don't much care about anyway.

I don't know that it's 2012 specifically that's responsible – I've been a casual WWE fan, at best, for years now – but my interest is pretty marginal these days. If it weren't for the laughs I get from the live thread I probably wouldn't watch anything but the ppvs. I haven't seen Smackdown in more than a month.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.