Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 2012 the year that our world would be no more?
This isn't a "ahhhhh run for your life the zombies are coming to eat our brain" topic, this is a serious thread as I feel a lot of weird things have happened this year!
Are we nearing the end of our civilisation?
What will happen on December 21st of this year? (I really feel that it is a bit far fetched to predict the exact date)

Here are some of the weird things:

- solar flares
- birds falling from the sky
- Thousands of sea life dying
- a spike in natural disasters (Earthquakes,tornadoes etc...)
- Weird noises heard around the world
- A possibility of an alien invasion (Yes, I said it, please take this seriously as the UN and Governments around the world have come up with a plan to fight an invasion and they are taking it very seriously)

I am sure there are a few other things, but I just can't think of them right now.

Discuss!!!!

(Y)

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Strange occurrences happen every year OP. The world could end today for all we know for some unsuspecting, unknown reason. My grandma always told me, "The Bible says 'man won't known the minute or the hour' the world ends." I'm not sure if we're going to get a huge build up to the end or if it will just happen. I do know one day we all will die so just live your life.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange occurrences happen every year OP. The world could end today for all we know for some unsuspecting, unknown reason. My grandma always told me, "The Bible says 'man won't known the minute or the hour' the world ends." I'm not sure if we're going to get a huge build up to the end or if it will just happen. I do know one day we all will die so just live your life.
I am not saying that we should be panicking. I am just saying that we should be open minded for when the unexpected occurs to be prepared for it!

Here is a cool video that I found that shows a collection of strange events that have taken place this year. It is a bit long (20 mins) but it is well worth watching the whole video.

(Y)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
People have been predicting the end of the world for years upon years and it never happens.

Plus what does End of the world actually mean, End of the human race, end of the earth, these predictions are always to vague for someone like me, I need facts and logic and on a scientific standpoint nothing will happen that day that dosen't happen every other day of life.

Also if it is the end of us all, where exactly does it happen, the entire world consists of diferent time zones, so where is the End suppose to be begin.

The only end I see for the world is when the sun finally dies out and that's not suppose to happen for many milleniums (sorry about spelling) yet.

The only reason I am dreading this day is because people are going to start acting like complete retards and probably begin to riot.

·
Is a Becky Lynch Guy
2,105 Posts
No, the world won't end. To be honest, I find the whole "world is going to end" theory to be complete and utter bullshit as strange things occur on a daily basis worldwide. Towards the end of 1999, people thought that the world would end in a catastrophic meltdown due to it being the turn of the century, the new millennium (hence Y2K). Nothing happened. There were people that thought that the world would end on June 6, 2006 (666), but nothing happened. People thought the world would end last year and nothing happened. So, unless something actually does happen that would warrant a global catastrophe, I'll be sticking to my guns about the whole "world will end" theory being complete bullshit.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
imo the world is close to ending, but we will never find out when it will so there is no point in trying. Also, there are many signs in the world today that prove we are near judgement day but not all of the signs so we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, the world won't end. To be honest, I find the whole "world is going to end" theory to be complete and utter bullshit as strange things occur on a daily basis worldwide. Towards the end of 1999, people thought that the world would end in a catastrophic meltdown due to it being the turn of the century, the new millennium (hence Y2K). Nothing happened. There were people that thought that the world would end on June 6, 2006 (666), but nothing happened. People thought the world would end last year and nothing happened. So, unless something actually does happen that would warrant a global catastrophe, I'll be sticking to my guns about the whole "world will end" theory being complete bullshit.
Yes strange things do happen everyday.. but thousands of birds falling from the sky? thousand of sea life dying instantly? the same weird alien type noise being heard around the world? Solar flares rocketing towards earth? More frequent UFO sightings (Hinting an alien invasion)? Yes this might sound stupid, but the only reason it sounds stupid is because our minds just cannot imagine how this will play out.

The predicting of the end of the world is really stupid! If you are to ask me if I am concerned about December 21st 2012 I would say "NO". Though what I am concerned about is the end of the world, which could happen at the blink of an eye. It could happen over the course of a few months,few day,few hours, few minutes or we might not even notice that the world has ended (similar to if you were standing next to a bomb and it explodes, you wouldn't know what has just happened because you will be dead.

imo the world is close to ending, but we will never find out when it will so there is no point in trying. Also, there are many signs in the world today that prove we are near judgement day but not all of the signs so we'll have to wait and see.
by saying close to ending, what is you definition of close? few months,years? :)

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Fun Fact: The Mayans never accounted for leap year, because it didn't exist back then. It is actually 2013, April or August (An "A" Month) I believe, so Dec of 2012 has technically passed.

If Earth does indeed have to end, I fully support the Zombie Apocalypse method of extermination. :vince2

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fun Fact: The Mayans never accounted for leap year, because it didn't exist back then. It is actually 2013, April or August (An "A" Month) I believe, so Dec of 2012 has technically passed.

If Earth does indeed have to end, I fully support the Zombie Apocalypse method of extermination. :vince2
The Mayan calender theory is bullshit!
I have no doubt the world would end one day but know one knows when.

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
I'm pretty sure the world will end someday but in 2012, nope. After last year stupid prediction, I love to just sit back and relax and enjoy all the stupid people that believes in that crap.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Nope! Wrestlemania 29 is already planned.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure the world will end someday but in 2012, nope. After last year stupid prediction, I love to just sit back and relax and enjoy all the stupid people that believes in that crap.
Even though I don't like the exact predicting of when the world would end, A lot of scientist are pretty convinced that it will happen this year.

Also last year's doomsday prediction was really stupid. It was just a church guy who was just trying to get some publicity for his church. I am religious (Don't worry, I am not one of those nuts that tell everyone god hate soldiers and anything like that. God loves everyone and If they actually sat down and took a look in the bible they will see that it reads "Love thy Neighbour and forgive the enemy".) and a lot of things in the bible add up with a lot of things that have been happening this year. I don't know where exactly but it says somewhere in the bible that when the birds fall from the heavens and the fish die in the sea the end is near or something along those lines.

(Y)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts