Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously! The storylines suck, product is catered to the IWC too much, the ratings are down, PPV buys are down, attendances are down and the casual fans have stopped watching.

Even 2008 was better than this crap, at least back then I had to watch Impact because it was vital to storyline progression, but today I can skip an episode and it's like I have not missed a thing. TNA has never been as boring as it is today.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Re: 2011 has been awful so far

I think you mean 2012, not 2011.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts

tna could have the perfect product and would still be shat on.

·
Registered
758 Posts

2011?

I must of stumbled upon time travel or some shit. Is this real life?

But on topic, I caught TNA for the first time since Lockdown last Thursday and thought it was pretty good. Not amazingly brilliant by any stretch, but enough to keep me relatively entertained for the most part. Each to their own I guess.

·
Premium Member
44,384 Posts

2011 is already over buddy.

·
Registered
442 Posts

It really isn't that bad man. They're finally focusing on younger talent in Roode, Storm, Aries etc whilst also having a good mix of older talent for the most part. Building the new stars takes time and I rather a slow progression rather than a half-assed attempt of getting them over.

·
Registered
253 Posts

Well obviously it must suck for you considering its gone 17 months. And the shows have been slow, really slow, but they haven't been bad. The problem is that its easy to get impatient when 1 simple thing is dragged out for 5 months (AJ, Kaz, Daniels secret thing).

I don't get how you can say that TNA "cater" to "the IWC" all TNA have done is do what people have been begging them for ages to do and that's put less emphasis on "ex WWE guys". So if we had it your way then RVD v. Jeff Hardy for the WHC should be the main-event of Slammiversary X, that way TNA "cater" to "the casuals" (because that's always worked for them in the past)

Oh and the ratings argument is a bit pitiful honestly, firstly, the company is in (what has been said a million times already) a transitional period changes will be made things will be done differently if numbers drop for a while then so be it. Impact Wrestling has at worst been a slow plodding programme and at best its a really good show. And secondly, ratings aren't a measure of how GOOD the show is they're a measure of HOW MANY people choose to watch it. Jersey Shore is a steaming pile of shit but it managed to get like 9 million viewers. If Spike is happy with TNA and TNA accept that these are the numbers they are going to get in this "transitional period" then why does it bother YOU so much?

IMO, this isn't just a transitional period for them but a complete rebuilding phase. TNA went for the jugular and thought they could hang with the big boys (WWE) without setting a proper foundation and well the big boys tend to play a little roughly and TNA went back home crying to its mommy. The fact that TNA have learned from that is a good thing. And the fact that they're actually doing the groundwork now is something which shouldn't be met with panic and hysteria but should be met with patience and acceptance. When the foundation of a house is created its not a pretty job, its messy, its dirty, its exhausting, its time consuming but it has a purpose it has a direction. I'm glad that TNA finally decided to have a foundation based on concrete and not ice-cream and jelly tots anymore.

Its a catch 22 for TNA. Either they have giant clusterfucks "catered" to people with the lack of an attention span. And people complain. Or they take a slower more methodical approach. And people still complain. TNA just can't win. Is the show a bit dry from time to time? Yes. Is it worth you having a heart attack about? No. Have "ratings" been dipping? Yes. Is it worth people throwing their toys out of the cot and whining about it? No.

So calm down Chicken Little and just watch the show. Or not, who cares?

·
Banned
354 Posts

A quote that demonstates the situation of TNA:

The more time you spend reading in this forum, the more you realise it doesn't matter what TNA do from now on. They are always going to be ripped apart.

Can't people just enjoy it for what it is?! If it wasn't for TNA being an alternative, I wouldn't even be watching wrestling nowadays, because WWE isn't exactly all it's made out to be. And i'm not into all the Hipster Indy shizz ..so for some of us, TNA is all we have to keep us going.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts

PRoduct is catered to the IWC? Are you kidding me? Garrett Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter is catering to the IWC? LOL

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts

Assuming you mean 2012 it's been pretty good imo. idrc about ratings, buys etc. so long as I'm entertained by the product I'm happy and most the stuff tna has done this year has been enjoyable.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts

No company is perfect.

The so praised attitude era had a shitty undercard but a VERY solid main event.
Still, WWF during that time made history, why? because the positives were a lot stronger than the negatives.

It's the same with TNA's product today but the IWC sadly will never give impact a chance...
They pick the bad stuff and shit on the entire product for one or two things.

If Bully Ray vs Austin Aries was going in the WWE, everyone would be calling it "the best feud ever" since it's on TNA "fuck that, hogan and shitz on impact"

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

sorry guys, I meant 2011-2012. TNA has sucked so far since BFG

·
Registered
2,222 Posts

Thread lost any credibility when you said the show was catered to the IWC. If you actually had anything intelligent to say, you'd make a better point than putting the blame on that overused boogyman.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

^ Then why have almost 300,000 people tuned out of TNA since russo left bro?

Tell my why bro? explain it to me my dudeeeee....

·
Banned
1,678 Posts

No. TNA lost loads of viewers when Roode faced Sting.

·
Banned
4,096 Posts

^ Then why have almost 300,000 people tuned out of TNA since russo left bro?

Tell my why bro? explain it to me my dudeeeee....
those rating s were nostalgia pops by the wwe veterans, tna could have invested those years of quick fix ratings into fixing wrestlings image and showing how it can be a sport, but i guess we'll never know, tna made their bed and can lay in it

2011 > 2012. :russo
both were s**t, none deserve any prize

and so were 2002 2008 and 2009 snd 2010 for that matter

A quote that demonstates the situation of TNA:
somebody in thsat quote sounds really desparate, you know what keeps me going even know i watch relatively no wrestling nowadays? knowing what this industry in its current shape is capable of for a brighter future or even a dignifyed death, short of wrestling being banned

Then don't watch it girl.
heh heh sexism is funny in 2012

seriously! The storylines suck, product is catered to the IWC too much, the ratings are down, PPV buys are down, attendances are down and the casual fans have stopped watching.

Even 2008 was better than this crap, at least back then I had to watch Impact because it was vital to storyline progression, but today I can skip an episode and it's like I have not missed a thing. TNA has never been as boring as it is today.
tna haven't catered to the iwc for FREAKING YEARS NOW

the casual fans NEVER WATCHED IN THE FIRST PLACE, tnas fan base is one of the most stubborn in existance

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Just wanted to say 2012 isn't over yet.
I hope they keep the product this "awful" for a couple years.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts