Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The matches he put on before his feud with Big Show were fucking piff. (not saying that the Big Show is a bad worker, but big man/big man matches are hardly ever any good)

Appreciate, and it's good to see that he's 100 percent now.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Calling him one of the best in the company is a massive stretch, he is definitely underrated in my opinion though, he puts on some pretty good matches.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I disagree. His heel run last year was alright but he's not one of the best workers in the company. Not even one of the best big-men of all time.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I really enjoy his matches now which I could not say for many years. I do like that he's developed a more badass character even if it is a little one note.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
He became one of the best mic workers, but not one of the best ring workers. He improved a lot on the mic, but he was still average in the ring.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
He was good during his ECW championship reign and during his WHC reign up until The Big Show was involved, but to be fair everything Big Show is involved in turns to shit.

Henry is alright by my books when they use him right

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Him and DB saved SD from being complete crap. If they had an actual tag division, I would love to the see the two ratings giants form a tag team.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Indeed. I hated the guy before his heel turn. He just irritated me. It took a bit of adjusting to get into him when he won the belt but I think it was during the Henry/Show series that I really became a fan.

I do think a lot of people underrate him for his ring work. His two matches with Punk are MOTYC and it wasn't a carry job by any stretch. He got great psychology and can really get a crowd involved. Hell, I'll put him above Jericho at this point.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
Absolutely. Henry seems highly underrated and I really enjoyed a lot of his matches last year. His matches with Orton were entertaining, his matches with Big Show were some of the better big man vs big man matches (i think the one at Vengeance was the best but im not 100%) I've seen and his matches with Punk and Bryan were fantastic. The match with Bryan in the steel cage was superb in telling a story of David vs Goliath but Henrys selling of the ankle really let him appear as though he had a chink in his armour and present the glimmer of hope bryan needed to win in the near impossible odds by working over the ankle and at times making it seem as if he'd actually topple Henry only for him to fall short at the last hurdle after coming so close.

His match with Punk after mania too was another great example of it and I actually found Henry to be the more entertaining of the two in the match with the way he worked over Punk's injured back (which he sold fantastically) and the way he was just screaming at him "I OWN YOU", totally fantastic heel work and he still came out looking strong as he did so much damage to Punk he literally couldn't get back in the ring in time for the ten count and like Cactus said none of these matches had Henry being carried at all. He was either equal or better than his opponents in working the match.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
His series with The Big Show last year were awful - apart from a few notable moments ( such as the ring collapsing, and Big Show's diving elbow drop from the top rope) - but apart from that they were constant letdowns. However his two recent matches with CM Punk have been quite good actually, I used to criticize him alot for being a very limited worker who couldn't work any good-length of match, but his recent little series with Punk has opened my eyes a bit. Surprisingly for such a big guy, he can sell moves quite well and really tell a story in the ring. Respect.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Best workers no Bryan,Kidd, christian were all better workers then Henry,Henry had some good matches but one of the best is ridiculous.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
I loved Mark Henry when he started his whole hall of pain heel character, WWE have fucked up by not doing this years ago because this guy deserves to be a big time player in the WWE title scene, he is never going to be technically great but he is a powerhouse and his matches with CM Punk the last few weeks have been a treat, defo one of my faves right now, id rather have him WHC than Daniel Bryan

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Mark Henry is awesome. His 2011 run was epic, and it should of continued til Wrestlemania. He didn't need to wrestle every week.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
henry was the man, and still kind of is just theirs too much going on in the main event right now. And didnt michael cole say that he gets a shot at the title if he wins that match?? He did so it looks like henry will be going for that title. What about del rio and bryan lol wouldnt mind if all 3 of them went after sheamus

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Mark Henry is awesome

Mark Henry needs a thread dedicated to how amazing he is. He is hilarious when he talks, he crushes people, he brings in ratings, and he always stays in charecter.

The guy is a boss, All hail henry

1 - 20 of 32 Posts