Wrestling Forum banner

2011 - the year of returns?

1541 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  WenchMan
If someone was to tell you on January 1st that the following returns would have happened in the first two months of the year, would you have believed them?

- Shawn Michaels @ Raw, January 10th
- Diesel @ Royal Rumble
- Booker T @ Royal Rumble
- The Rock @ Raw, February 14th
- Trish Stratus @ Elimination Chamber
- Christian @ Elimination Chamber
- Triple H @ Raw, February 21st
- The Undertaker @ Raw, February 21st
- Stone Cold @ Tough Enough

Quite amazing we've already had nine returns in some capacity since the start of the year, some expected, some unexpected and obviously one out of the blue.

I wonder how manage other legends could return the 'E by the end of the year. I can think of a few that have been rumoured to return, and wouldn't be surprised to see more return. OK, we're in WrestleMania season, but nine returns in two months is a lot.

Knowing my luck, I've missed someone out.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,795 Posts
If someone was to tell you on January 1st that the following returns would have happened in the first two months of the year, would you have believed them?

- Shawn Michaels @ Raw, January 10th
- Diesel @ Royal Rumble
- Booker T @ Royal Rumble
- The Rock @ Raw, February 14th
- Trish Stratus @ Elimination Chamber
- Christian @ Elimination Chamber
- Triple H @ Raw, February 21st
- The Undertaker @ Raw, February 21st
- Stone Cold @ Tough Enough

Quite amazing we've already had nine returns in some capacity since the start of the year, some expected, some unexpected and obviously one out of the blue.

I wonder how manage other legends could return the 'E by the end of the year. I can think of a few that have been rumoured to return, and wouldn't be surprised to see more return. OK, we're in WrestleMania season, but nine returns in two months is a lot.

Knowing my luck, I've missed someone out.
Mr.McMahon?

· Registered
18,863 Posts
And I thought nothing could top last years Bret and Edge returning within a month timespan but this year really did it!

I'd say this year is more like the year of the torch passing. All those big names returning but I see them pushing some people on the WWE roster and really getting them over. Nash will be working backstage I think so if he likes a wrestler on the roster, WWE might start pushing them. Trish seems like she'll end up helping get a diva or two over as well.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Not really, there's always a big influx of nostalgia returns between Rumble and Mania.
Lol, when did Cole do what he did in your sig?? Lol, that shit is funny as hell.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
I'm waiting until they bring back Macho Man Randy Savage before I get really excited. :cool:

My daydream plays out that as the countdown begins to announce the arrival of the 30th entrant, we hear the familiar "Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" and the swelling tones of 'Land Of Hope & Glory' as the grey bearded Man Mountain of Macho Madness bursts into the ring, whoops some ass and one by one tosses John Cena, Undertaker, Triple H, Randy Orton and all the big dogs in WWE over the top rope. As he raises his hand in victory he points at the Wrestlemania logo hanging at the roof of the arena and lets a growl of approval ... I know, I know ... it will never happen. A wrestling fan raised in the laate 80's has to dream, though, right!?

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Bad economy bringing back the old ones. lol

· Registered
57 Posts
Keep in mind we still have Jericho's return to look for. Seems like I read somewhere he planned on doing it either at or before 'Mania too.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Bring back Sid please!!

· Dragon Slayer
6,638 Posts
Most of the returns aren't really returns. Trish, Austin, Diesel, HBK, Christian etc don't count. Diesel was a one night RR appearance. That's not a return. Trish and Austin are doing tough enough, not anything on WWE tv so that doesn't count either. HBK only showed up to kick ADR. Again, not a return, and Christian isn't returning as he was just out from injury. A return in this sense is someone who was out of the company.

The only real returns we've had are booker t, triple h, and taker.

Does anyone else think its funny that the same people so many of us wanted to go away are now people we wish would come back (Trips, Taker, Batista) so WWE felt like an entertainment company and not a 2 hour boredom fest.

Keep in mind we still have Jericho's return to look for. Seems like I read somewhere he planned on doing it either at or before 'Mania too.
Jericho himself said that he doesn't know when or if he's coming back. He said he'll return when the time is right but that he doesn't want to get lost in the shuffle of the Mania returns.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.