Wrestling Forum banner

2011 Royal Rumble Best Moments/Let Downs (SPOILERS)

11742 113
What are your best moments from this years Royal Rumble and let downs?

Best Moments
Alberto Del Rio winning
Kevin Nash returning
Booker T returning
John Morrison's AWESOME save from being eliminated on the wall
John Cena and Randy Orton NOT winning the Rumble

Let Downs
NO HHH (For fuck sakes, how much LONGER is this freakin' guy gonna milk his return?)
NO Chris Jericho (quit playing your stupid rock music and get back to work)
NO Undertaker
NO Christian
NO Awesome Kong
NO Vince McMahon (STILL in a freakin' coma huh Vince?)
NO Raw GM (How much LONGER is creative going to STRETCH this shit out?)
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
+ Punk payback to Orton, Chavo chain suplexes, Punk-Bryan-Regal in the ring at the same time, double sharpshooter, spinaroonie time, Orton and Dolph loses twice in the same night.

- Ruined surprised; Nash and Booker T show up and did nothing, Nexus waiting in the ring, Supercena show up, Hornswoggle lasted too long, Orton and Dolph entering the rumble wasting 2 spots.

· One Winged Angel
3,768 Posts
Best

Cena didn't win
Santino was the last eliminated
Nexus looked damn good
Punk looked good
ADR won
Chavo
Booker T returning

Worst
Khali <.<
Divas match ending
No Christian/Jericho, but whatever

---

Don't care about the HHH rumours, glad he didn't come back and win

· Registered
2,018 Posts
I felt the beginning of the Rumble match was good right up until Cena eliminated the Nexus (except for Husky Harris). Jo-Mo's save was amazing, Booker and Diesel were good surprises, but other than that, the match was a huge let down for me.

· Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Positive ~ ADR winning, Cena not winning, Orton not winning, Triple H not winning...Triple H not returning, period, Morrison not winning, etc. Ziggler NOT becoming World Heavyweight Champion.....thank you WWE, I appreciate that greatly, even though I'm sure you'll fuck up and give it to him later.

Negative ~ Barrett not winning. Barrett was the 1 guy I wanted to see win the Rumble before ADR, so that disappoints me, but still, Del Rio...fuckin A. Also, Punk fueding with Randy Orton now. *sigh* Not looking forward to that.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Best Moment: Royal Rumble match. No Triple H whatsoever! If I never see that man again I'll be happy.

Let down: Everything outside the Rumble match.

· Registered
191 Posts
I hate how WWE tries to shove Hornswoggle down our throats at the Rumble. King should have been in the Rumble instead of Horny. I know its because of the kiddies but cmon!! I thought Bourne would come back and kick Punk's ass. Bourne v Punk would be a great WM match

· Registered
20,959 Posts
I was letdown they put Morrison in so early which didn't make him look like a contender.

Morrison had one of the most memorable spots in recent wrestling history. I'd say that is sufficient.

· Registered
26 Posts
best moments
1. morrison spot was freakin insane never done b4
2. santino swerve for a second i thought he was headlining wm27
3. kevin nash as diesal suprise and not the usaul grey hair and booker t hittin the spinarooni
4. cena not winning

let downs
1. morrison not making it closer to the end
2. wm became to predicatble
3. cm punk not going to the end
4. no chritian or triple h
5. nash and booker not lasting long

· Banned
319 Posts
Using Hornswoggle as one of their six surprise contestants was brutal.

Having him last longer than Booker and Nash was even more brutal.

...atleast Cena didn't win. :no:

· Banned
3,693 Posts
Okay let me ask you this:

How does it make you feel that a 33 year-old WWE rookie, that has been with the company for 7 months has won the convenant Royal Rumble and will be headlining the greatest event in wrestling history? I mean, how many potential stars with great talent have we seen WWE drop down to jobber status in the past? All I'm saying is new wrestlers are enterting the company faster than ever (NXT) and there's obviously not room for everyone to become a main-eventer or a midcarder. So, if the WWE decides to drop Del Rio to mid-card status or even jobber status because he's not reliable, or he's injury prone, or he's been caught using illegal substances, or some other reason (backstage politics). Do you feel that this will somehow impact, or even SLIGHTLY discredit the list of prior RR winners? I feel the WWE should've let someone who has more credibility win the Rumble. If this was the King of the Ring tournament we were talking about, I wouldn't bother bringing up such a question.

· Try being informed instead of just opinionated.
3,368 Posts
The spot I will remember most would most likey be Morrison's jump to the barricade. Had me fooled at first.

Both Booker's and Diesel's returns were well recieved and with Ryan and Barrett eliminating them repectively, it gives them even the slightest rub which is good.

I enjoyed the end and was hoping to God they wouldn't just forget about Santino under the ring. When they did acknowledge it I actually did, for a second, think Santino could win. But, they played it out nicely and now people will take ADR more seriously as a top heel, which in my mind, proves this Rumble served a purpose. They could have just as easily gone with Cena or Orton, but that would have been an obvious waste.

Once Punk came out first, I had him as the ironman making it to the final four. My second real disappointment of the night came when Cena eliminated him. The first being when Kong never came in to destroy all the other Divas.

All in all, for a less than casual fan such as myself, I enjoyed the layout of the match and thought the addition of 10 mor participants went by fairly seamless and didn't make it seem crowded. The idea that this was the beginning of the youth movement is probably the best part you can take from this event. Period.

· Registered
28 Posts
best moments:
Kelly Kelly ass crack
double sharpshooter
the crowd reaction when Booker T came out
the wrestlers look on their faces when Diesel walked out....esp Kofi...lol
cena not winning
del riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooo

· Registered
793 Posts
Okay let me ask you this:

How does it make you feel that a 33 year-old WWE rookie, that has been with the company for 7 months has won the convenant Royal Rumble and will be headlining the greatest event in wrestling history? I mean, how many potential stars with great talent have we seen WWE drop down to jobber status in the past? All I'm saying is new wrestlers are enterting the company faster than ever (NXT) and there's obviously not room for everyone to become a main-eventer or a midcarder. So, if the WWE decides to drop Del Rio to mid-card status or even jobber status because he's not reliable, or he's injury prone, or he's been caught using illegal substances, or some other reason (backstage politics). Do you feel that this will somehow impact, or even SLIGHTLY discredit the list of prior RR winners? I feel the WWE should've let someone who has more credibility win the Rumble. If this was the King of the Ring tournament we were talking about, I wouldn't bother bringing up such a question.
Hack saw won the first Rumble and some random wrestler called Studd won the second rumble. You can't get any worse winners then those two. Also Del Rio is not going anywhere, he is more credible replacement for Rey Rey. WWE needs a big Mexican star and Del Rio has been doing well for years in Mexico before coming to WWE. So he is not some fresh wrestler like most of NXT wrestlers.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.