1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idea stolen from F4W.

Ground rules:

- No deaths. Injuries are fine.

- Go out on some kind of limb. HHH returns at the Rumble, Russo won't get fired, TNA will continue to do 1.1, WWE will be profitable, etc. is not going out on a limb.

- Someone's gonna get released? Try not to be too obvious with those kind of predictions.

- Try to keep it at maximum ten. LEAVE YOUR BOLDEST PREDICTION FOR LAST.

- Next year, we'll go back and see who got it right and wrong.

1. WrestleMania 27 will do a buyrate comparable to WM8, WM13, and WM19, leading to Vince McMahon becoming more hands-off with the creative direction going forward.

2. Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli will be signed with WWE.

3. As the year comes to an end, we will see the beginning of the Undertaker vs. Alberto Del Rio feud that will likely headline WrestleMania 28.

4. Randy Orton will suffer yet another significant injury, causing WWE to make a move to push a new, fresh babyface when Edge gets sent back to Raw. On the bright side, Edge will find himself creatively rejuvenated by working a long-term feud with Daniel Bryan.

5. Seth Rollins will surprisingly get a significant push on Smackdown shortly after being called up to the main WWE roster.

6. Samoa Joe will part ways with TNA, shortly tear it up on the indy scene in dream matches, and then sign with WWE or NOAH.

7. Christopher Daniels will win the ROH Title as a thank you for everything he did for the indies, and shortly thereafter sign with WWE to be a development trainer.

8. Davey Richards will lose a Win or You're Fired match as he challenges for the ROH Title on anI-PPV, in the process setting a buyrate record for ROH. He will go either to work full-time in Japan or sign with WWE.

9. Paul London will return to pre-WWE form by BOLA, and will sporadically work for ROH, Evolve, and DGUSA. He may even work a weekend for Chikara.

10. ROH, in a move to spice things up due to financial woes, will work an interpromotional feud with PWG or DGUSA, leading to numerous dream matches and boosting all companies involved in the process. This will be the loophole for Kevin Steen to return to an ROH ring.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1. Christopher Daniels will win the ROH Title.
2. Seth Rollins and Bryan Danielson will have some interaction on WWE television and 90% of the IWC will need new underwear.
3. Davey Richards will be replaced as the Indy Darling.
4. Low Ki and Chris Hero will have the USA MOTY.
5. NOAH and NJPW will work together for an inter-promotional feud.
6. ....but it will fail.
7. WWE will take more influence from MMA.
8. But TNA wont and it will hurt their buyrates even further.
9. Alberto Del Rio will win a world championship.
10. Undertaker will retire after winning at Mania.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
Wow Superduper! You've definitely gone out on a limb with some of those crazy predictions. Here's mine:

1. One of the Kings of Wrestling will sign with WWE/TNA before the end of the year (I'm thinking Claudio to TNA, with Hero becoming even more of an cult hero by hanging round that bit longer).

2. TNA will announce plans to drop certain PPVs and to replace them with free TV specials.

3. Davey wins ROH title at DBD9. Everyone complains that it's too late and by the end of the year New York has started chanting "Same old shit!" for his crowd dive...yadda yadda...you know the routine. Watch any of Nigel's best matches.

4. Larry Sweeney returns to Ring of Honor. The crowd pop in insane.

5. Ken Kennedy will have one of the worst TNA title runs of all time. It's a disaster creative-wise and business-wise.

6. Dirtsheets will start saying that Vince McMahon is "reportedly high on Seth Rollins".

7. Bryan Danielson makes me cry, by stealing the show at Wrestlemania.

8. A sudden surge of interest in SHIMMER girls, from WWE and TNA, comes about at some point. The ones that fit (the Jen Blakes and Jessie McKays of the world) are the ones that actually get signed, despite IWC experts thinking it's going to be the big names (like Del Rey and Melissa). Kurihara-mania is running wild too.

9. The Shiekuation meets Strangler Corleone and posts photographic evidence.

10. One of the Hardy Boyz "injures" himself.

·
WF's AKB Fan
5,758 Posts
1. Mike Bennett will defeat Christopher Daniels for the Television title in their first match with each other.
2. WWE's plan with Lesnar & Taker at Wrestlemania will fail and they will go for Kane vs Undertaker a 3rd time.
3. Tyson Kidd will be the first new champion in WWE 2011 when he defeats Daniel Bryan for the US title.
4. Austin Aries will visit Chikara and have a match with Tim Donst at King of Trios.
5. Nexus will be split at Survivor Series with Justin Gabriel turning face in the process.
6. Lince Dorado will win the 2011 Young Lions Cup.
7. EVOLVE will end in 2011.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Chris Jericho will not return.

Mark Henry will still have a job.

Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, R-Truth, David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd, Gail Kim and Melina will all leave WWE. A continuation of the trend where people leave on their own.

Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli will turn down WWE doing to "having pride" and being "real" wrestlers.

Miz will lose the title back to Randy Orton.

Bill Goldberg will not return for the HOF.

We still will not know why Vince McMahon hates Randy Savage.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
1. The Rottweilers will reunite in ROH with Homicide, Low Ki, Rocky Romero, Ricky Reyes and Julius Smokes running wild just like in 2004

2. Samoa Joe will leave TNA and return to ROH and PWG

3. Claudio Castagnoli will join WWE and become an instant hit

4. The Briscoes will finally leave ROH, sign with WWE and not actually get anywhere, being released by the end of 2011

5. Davey Richards will win the ROH Title at the next iPPV after February. He will hold the title until Final Battle where he will lose it to Chris Hero

6. Alberto Del Rio will win Money In The Bank at Wrestlemania 27

7. Alberto Del Rio will defeat Edge for the World Heavyweight Title at Summerslam

8. The Hardy Boyz will become TNA World Tag Team Champions by defeating The Motor City Machine Guns at Slammiversary

9. Triple H will NOT hold a World title during the year

10. CM Punk will become the biggest heel on Raw, having victories over Cena, Orton and HHH throughout the year

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
1)Matt Hardy will sign for TNA
2)The Royal Rumble will have a first time winner
3)Davey Richards will win the ROH world title but the fans will turn on him
4)Hulk Hogan will leave TNA and criticise them on his way out
5)Samoa Joe will become interesting for the first time in years
6)Hero and Castagnoli will feud with each other
7)Seth Rollins will be released by WWE
8)The money in the bank winner will NOT successfully cash in his title shot
9)Sheamus will turn face
10)Edge and Christian will team together for a short time before feuding

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2)The Royal Rumble will have a first time winner
I like this one a lot, but I'm gonna ask you this - will this year's Rumble winner have ever held the WWE/World title?

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
1. Lance Storm will return for one final match against Roderick Strong or Davey Richards
2. Ricochet and Pac will have a series of 4-5 star matches in Japan
3. Jon Moxley and Kevin Steen will become tag team partners and many will consider them tag team of the year
4. Dave Meltzer will rate a Davey Richards match 5 stars sometime later in the year
5. CZW will have some of the best shows and matches from any promotion next year
6. New Japan will get a lot of praise among the IWC
7. Kevin Steen will return to ROH by the end of the year
8. CM Punk will win the WWE Championship/World Heavyweight Championship at least twice
9. Roderick Strong will lose the ROH title to Davey Richards
10. Hogan and Bishoff will quit TNA

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like this one a lot, but I'm gonna ask you this - will this year's Rumble winner have ever held the WWE/World title?
Damn, you're getting too specific.

If yes then its out of CM Punk, Great Khali, Miz, Sheamus, Big Show, Jack Swagger and Kane, and if you count ECW it could also be Christian, Ezekiel Jackson or Mark Henry.

Im thinking CM Punk at the moment so ill go with yes.

Also, I looked over previous rumble winners and it seems that my prediction is quite safe. The last time a previous winner won the Rumble was Austin in 2001.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's just that your idea got me excited to see someone completely new pushed into the main event scene for WM. I miss the days of guys winning their first premier titles at the Granddaddy of 'Em All - Austin, Cena, Batista, HBK.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I do too. The Royal Rumble has kind of lost out to the money in the bank match in that respect.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Which is stupid because MITB wins are always presented as flukes and the champs are never made credible. At least that was the case back when I watched WWE. I'm assuming it will still be the case when Miz cashes his in, if he hasn't already.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Which is stupid because MITB wins are always presented as flukes and the champs are never made credible. At least that was the case back when I watched WWE. I'm assuming it will still be the case when Miz cashes his in, if he hasn't already.
He has already. He's not credible.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
He's got the fucking belt dude.

·
Banned
373 Posts
TNA will have at least two shakeups.
ROH will stay the same.
WWE will continue to decline.
EVOLVE will become EXTINCT.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
5. NOAH and NJPW will work together for an inter-promotional feud.
6. ....but it will fail.
Have you not been watching puro for the last couple of years? The NOAH/New Japan rivalry has been arguably the best thing about puro recently.

1) Dolph Ziggler will win a world title by the end of the year
2) NOAH will finally split and merge into All & New Japan
3) Tyler Black will be released by the end of the year
4) DGUSA will draw a 2 figure crowd
5) Both Edge & Christian & The Hardy Boys will have tag title runs
6) Davey Richards & WGTT will win the ROH World/Tag Titles on the same iPPV
7) Claudio will hold the PWG Title for the entire year permitting injureis
8) PWG & New Japan will work a one shot show together the day before the JAPW show.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts