Wrestling Forum banner

2011 Breakout Star

5K views 55 replies 49 participants last post by  Quasi Juice 
#1 ·
This thread is basically asking, who do you think will be breakout star(s) come next year. Which midcard guy is going to make an impact. Who will be the next Shawn Michaels, the next Triple H, the next Kurt Angle, the next Brock Lesnar, the next John Cena.

My vote goes to Alberto Del Rio. Other people I think we should look out for are Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Kaval.

#4 ·
I'll join you in the line of fire and agree.

Feelings about Morrison run strong from both ends of the love/hate spectrum, but regardless, I see a major push on the horizon. I'll be genuinely surprised if 2011 closes without Morrison winning a world title.

#6 ·
I was going to say Morrison as well, but I am not sure that he would be breaking out so much as taking the next step.

I am going to go a bit off the wagon and say that it's going to be Michael Cole. I think he turns heel manager and builds a stable. He has The Miz as a top star, Riley as the up and coming midcarder, and I am sure Tyson Kidd and some other floundering bottom carder could be a viable tag team/dispuptive force.

#11 ·
I was going to say Morrison as well, but I am not sure that he would be breaking out so much as taking the next step.

I am going to go a bit off the wagon and say that it's going to be Michael Cole. I think he turns heel manager and builds a stable. He has The Miz as a top star, Riley as the up and coming midcarder, and I am sure Tyson Kidd and some other floundering bottom carder could be a viable tag team/dispuptive force.
Yeah, agreed. Morrison's breakout year would be any year from 06-09.

#9 ·
It'll more than likely be Morrison AND Kofi.

Next year seems like it'll have 2 breakout stars. Sheamus won breakout star of 2009(despite only being memorable for 1 of the 12 months) but he was technically breakout star for 2010 also. And Miz of course was breakout star for 2010 as well.

#12 ·
Morrison. I can see Wade Barrett and perhaps Del Rio main eventing next year too. And should WWE find some way, some unthinkable bend of reality and find a way to get DiBiase over, I think he will too.

#20 ·
Originally Posted by Cynic
I would love for you to be right, but I think after Nexus ends all of them - maybe even Barrett - are going to float for a while. 2012 is more likely to be Gabriel's year of ascension

I actually think he will move to Smackdown during the draft and that's the perfect show for someone like him to re debut and become like a kofi kingston for the show.

#28 ·
There are a lot of possibilities, really. Among them, I can easily see:

- John Morrison
- Kofi Kingston
- Justin Gabriel
- Drew McIntyre
- Michael Tarver
- Dolph Ziggler

If Tarver gets the big return he deserves and is allowed his own considerable amount of time, then he's going to take off and absolutely NOBODY is going to stop him. That much I can be sure of.

#32 ·
Well, WWE seems to be using "Breakout" to refer to a rookie's year, based on the Slammy Award nominees/winners of 2008 and 2009.

So, based on that criteria, I'm going to say Johnny Curtis, Seth Rollins or Richie Steamboat may fit the bill. Look for Mason Ryan to debut and be pushed heavily no matter what anyone thinks of him as well.

EDIT: That's what happens when you get distracted in a different window for 20 minutes after writing only one line of your post. What Shirley Crabtree said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.