Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is basically asking, who do you think will be breakout star(s) come next year. Which midcard guy is going to make an impact. Who will be the next Shawn Michaels, the next Triple H, the next Kurt Angle, the next Brock Lesnar, the next John Cena.

My vote goes to Alberto Del Rio. Other people I think we should look out for are Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler and Kaval.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
John Morrison

*Ducks stuff thrown by rest of IWC*
I'll join you in the line of fire and agree.

Feelings about Morrison run strong from both ends of the love/hate spectrum, but regardless, I see a major push on the horizon. I'll be genuinely surprised if 2011 closes without Morrison winning a world title.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was going to say Morrison as well, but I am not sure that he would be breaking out so much as taking the next step.

I am going to go a bit off the wagon and say that it's going to be Michael Cole. I think he turns heel manager and builds a stable. He has The Miz as a top star, Riley as the up and coming midcarder, and I am sure Tyson Kidd and some other floundering bottom carder could be a viable tag team/dispuptive force.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
It'll more than likely be Morrison AND Kofi.

Next year seems like it'll have 2 breakout stars. Sheamus won breakout star of 2009(despite only being memorable for 1 of the 12 months) but he was technically breakout star for 2010 also. And Miz of course was breakout star for 2010 as well.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I was going to say Morrison as well, but I am not sure that he would be breaking out so much as taking the next step.

I am going to go a bit off the wagon and say that it's going to be Michael Cole. I think he turns heel manager and builds a stable. He has The Miz as a top star, Riley as the up and coming midcarder, and I am sure Tyson Kidd and some other floundering bottom carder could be a viable tag team/dispuptive force.
Yeah, agreed. Morrison's breakout year would be any year from 06-09.

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Morrison. I can see Wade Barrett and perhaps Del Rio main eventing next year too. And should WWE find some way, some unthinkable bend of reality and find a way to get DiBiase over, I think he will too.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Probably Del Rio and possibly Morrison. That is if we are counting 2010 as Wade Barretts breakout year even though his first title win probably won't come until 2011.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm going to throw Justin Gabriel into this, after all once the Nexus breaks up I can see a face run and possibly a very long U.S or IC title run in it for him.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
I'm going to throw Justin Gabriel into this, after all once the Nexus breaks up I can see a face run and possibly a very long U.S or IC title run in it for him.
I would love for you to be right, but I think after Nexus ends all of them - maybe even Barrett - are going to float for a while. 2012 is more likely to be Gabriel's year of ascension.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts
Curt Hawkins and/or Trent Barreta should be considered for pushes by next year. Maybe not main event, but a lot higher on the card than they currently are.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Originally Posted by Cynic
I would love for you to be right, but I think after Nexus ends all of them - maybe even Barrett - are going to float for a while. 2012 is more likely to be Gabriel's year of ascension

I actually think he will move to Smackdown during the draft and that's the perfect show for someone like him to re debut and become like a kofi kingston for the show.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts