Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“In 2010, WWE achieved record operating performance, generating the highest level of reported EBITDA in the Company’s history despite a challenging environment, particularly over the latter part of the year.

In 2010 World Wrestling Entertainment Inc had Revenue(Sales) of $477.665 million,and Net Income/Profit of $53,452 million.
That's up from 2009,which the company did Revenue of $475.161 million and $50,303 million of Net income.

That makes 2010 WWE's 2nd best year in its history, only 2007's $485.7 million in Revenue, and (excluding ''The Condermned'' write-down) an $62.3 million profit did better.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/WWE-Reports-2010-Fourth-bw-1336198126.html?x=0&.v=1

Seems like they are doing fine. The PPV decline isn't really effecting them.

· Santina's Lover
4,338 Posts
The things you have to consider are the profits from moving to Smackdown to SyFy, broadcasting rights for the extra shows put out last year such as NXT/Superstars and the fact that most main eventers haven't negotiated for a new contract this year.

Relying on the youth movement means lower initial wages for the new guys. Also the "Special Attraction" at WM wasn't a high end celebrity, it was Bret Hart who wouldn't have demanded as much money as say, Floyd Mayweather.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
The things you have to consider are the profits from moving to Smackdown to SyFy, broadcasting rights for the extra shows put out last year such as NXT/Superstars and the fact that most main eventers haven't negotiated for a new contract this year.

Relying on the youth movement means lower initial wages for the new guys. Also the "Special Attraction" at WM wasn't a high end celebrity, it was Bret Hart who wouldn't have demanded as much money as say, Floyd Mayweather.
I agree with this. Also, PPV were more money this year than any other year. So if the PPVs did decline (which they have been for years), the fact people paid more money evens out whatever they lost.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
This is good for them but it proves the point that WWE basically sells itself like the circus or any of the other major sports
I mean they don't have to come up with but so much because the product is a part of basically human culture

· Registered
4,591 Posts
But.....but......Pg sucks.......
I am going on the record in saying that unless WWE loses a ton of money the current product under the "family friendly" banner will last for at least the next 5-10 years hell unless Vince has no other choice it won't shock me if it never changed.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
Very pleasing and encouraging news! I hope this shuts up all the Attitude era clit rubbers who go "ZOMG PG SUCKZ WANT MORE BLOOD SEX N FILTH LOLLLZ~!"
Why? You think I care about how much money Vince makes? I don't give two shits about that.

All I care is enjoying the product and I enjoyed it more back then than right now.

· Registered
4,114 Posts
Why? You think I care about how much money Vince makes? I don't give two shits about that.

All I care is enjoying the product and I enjoyed it more back then than right now.
Without enough money the company wouldn't even be able to run. Plus good writing is a far bigger factor than how much swearing and violence a wrestling product displays.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
PG is staying children.
Hallelujah!

Very pleasing and encouraging news! I hope this shuts up all the Attitude era clit rubbers who go "ZOMG PG SUCKZ WANT MORE BLOOD SEX N FILTH LOLLLZ~!"
TBH I think PG WWE should at least give us blood in No DQ matches such as cage, hell in a cell, ladder,extreme rules etc.

Also the word ass once in a while won't kill will it? The corny lines Cena delivers in place of "I'm gonna kick your ass" are just fpalm worthy.

Somebody bleeding in the main event at least ONCE every 2 or 3 months won't harm anyone, right?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.