Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Steve Corino

Votes: 21 38.9%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only 32 can enter the tournament but 37 have qualified. It all comes down to one vote: pick out of the last to be qualified to be #32 and enter the King of the Independent tournament with a showdown with the overall number one seed in the tournament: 2009 Final Four finalist Davey Richards.

Johnny Gargano
-PWI ranked him #363 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2010
-Currently part of F.I.S.T

PAC
-PWI ranked him #137 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2009
-Current Open The Brave Gate Champion

Jun Kasai
-In 2006 he won the first-ever IWA East Coast Masters of Pain after defeating Toby Klein, Mad Man Pondo and J. C. Bailey.
-Current BJW Tag Team Champion (with Jaki Numazawa)

Masashi Takeda
-One of the most popular young shoot-style wrestlers in Japan.
-Been considered the future of Big Japan Wrestling

Strangler Corlene
-Cult favorite and was recieving votes one day at a time.
-Once wrestled "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

Steve Corino
-Former ECW Heavyweight Champion making his return to wrestling.
-Recieved all votes in one day to qualify.

Note: Polls close in 48 hours.

Along with King of the Independent, the vote in match will have the ability for you to win an extra vote. I will cast my vote to the person who responds within the next 24 hours with who they voted for and answers the following question:

In 50 words or less, explain why the wrestler you voted for deserve consideration for the final spot. In 24 hours, I will cast my vote for the person who can persuade me the most.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
I wanted to vote for Pac ,but couldn't say no to Corino after how immense he was this year.It doesn't matter who my vote is anyway ,Strangler Corlene is winning this whole damn thing ,Once wrestled "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan.:shocked:

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...the only real think I could find on him was a promo and match of him wrestling Hacksaw. Work with what you got I guess.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Corino deserves it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Steve Corino

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
I honestly don't know who to vote for yet. I'll have to think about it properly.

All I can say is that this could well be the start of an epic Corino-Corleone blood feud.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I hadn't heard of Gargano at the start of the year, and now he's made himself a regular in three top indies, including high-profile roles in Chikara and EVOLVE. Corino I guess has made himself relevant once again, but he hasn't had the degree of impact across multiple companies that Gargano has, nor would he be anything without Steen.

·
Premium Member
32,163 Posts
Definitely Corino. Gargano has potential but it says a lot about how weak the Indy scene is atm compared to what it once was when people are rating him highly. PAC has wrestled one weekend this year for a major Indy right? No comment on Strangler? Did anyone other than dele vote for the Big Japan guys btw?

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Flying The Britannia on this one mates

·
@delecast
4,407 Posts
Jun Kasai has been cutting an insane schedule this year, highlights:

- Won BJW tag titles
- Hosted his own death match tournament in August, where he put MASADA over
- He's managed to stay healthy even though his knee is still held together by a string
- Easily the most over death match wrestler in the world

But I realize the ROH-bots won't vote for him...

EDIT: Why not have these 5 in play-in games vs the last 5 that got in? Just saying

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
I've gone for Corino. He's exceeded everyone's expectations this year and has breathed life back into his career. A true legend, in my eyes.

2011 will be The Year of The Strangler, I'm calling that now. He can wait.

As for Gargano, he has such a big future it's unreal. He's also supposedly fucking Portia Perez.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Did anyone other than dele vote for the Big Japan guys btw?
I voted for Sekimoto, because Sekimoto is fucking phenomenal. Didn't vote for Kasai or Takeda, though I would rather see them win than some of the people who got voted in.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
I've gone for Corino. He's exceeded everyone's expectations this year and has breathed life back into his career. A true legend, in my eyes.
in 2010 too, wwht huh, has he had an roh world title match yet?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I've got one phrase for ya...

WHO'S DA MAN!?!

Strangler gets my vote. I like his gimmick. (though out of the list, my favorite guy is actually Jun Kasai, but still)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts