Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am trying to catch up on the Joshi scene post-2009 and wondering which matches I should definitely check out from 2010-present. Any suggestions are welcomed.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I enjoy her matches a lot. :) Any one match of her's that really sticks out?

Also any event recommendations for this era would be appreciated as well.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Some of the best joshi matches of 2010-2012:
- Sendai girls FLASH tournament. 8 promotions working together in a survival series kind of tournament. A good display of future joshi talent.
- Kana vs Syuri (Smash). Definately must see, my current MOTYC for 2012 womens wrestling
- Nanae Takahashi vs Meiko Satomura (Stardom), also a possible MOTYC

- Any OZ Show of the past 2 years. Despite their age, these veterans still put on amazing shows.

- Any WAVE mainevent is great, they have Kurihara, Matsumoto, Nakagawa, Ohata, Uematsu and Hamada all working for them. Their midcard is usually silly comedy stuff, but the mainevents are great

- Ice Ribbon: Not exactly amazing wrestling, but very fun to watch. They have a lot of girls who started at age 12-14, and now 6 years later these girls are in their late teens and some have become very big talents (Hikaru Shida, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Hikari Minami). They have yet to put on classic matches, but they will someday, they just need more time and bigger opponents.

- Stardom: A company that has only been around for a year. It basicly consists of 2 veterans (Nanae Takahashi, Natsuki), Io Shirai (who joined recently) and about 16 new girls with less than 2 years of training. Like Ice Ribbon they have a lot of talent there, but its going to take a few years to season them. 3 of their shows made it to Samurai TV, definately worth checking out. One of the most talked about matches right now is the Nanae Takahashi vs Hiroyo Matsumoto feud. It hasnt been released yet, but people say that was an amazing match, they have a rematch coming soon.

JWP: JWP used to suck a few year ago, but they are greatly improving. They have Kayako Haruyama, Tsubasa Kuragaki, Leon, Kaori Yoneyama and Command Bolshoi that all put on good matches regularly (check out their annual big shows, like Pure Slam, the Anniversary etc). Like Ice Ribbon and Stardom they also have a lot of new girls, and unlike the past JWP seems more willing to work together with other companies (Oz, wave etc)

So there is still plenty of talent and good matches, you just need to look a little bit harder than in the past.
Oh, and if you havent watched it yet, check out Chikara's Joshimania show, some great matches on there.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ton of info. Kana vs Syuri was definitly a good match, thanks for recommending it, still have to check out everything else that you listed. :)

Anyone else have any recommendations?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'd reccomend Kana vs Ayumi Kurihara from NEO a few years back, Kurihara vs Yoshiko Tamura from NEO's last show, the main event of the first Stardom Korakuen Hall show with Yuzuki Aikawa, Kayoko Huryama vs Azumi Hyuga title change and Kayoko Haruyama vs Kyoko Kimura from JWP(Kyoko did a footstomp off a balcony). There was also a great Queen Bee tag with Nanae/Kana vs Chihiro Oikawa and someone else that I went to that was amazing. Kana vs Oikawa from Queen Bee was good too. Just go for anything Queen Bee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts