Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like what the WWE is trying to achieve at the moment.

1.resting big name stars like big show/rey mysterio/kane to allow others younger stars get a push.

2.Super Shows

3.Inter brand matches

4.new stars

5.more than one big storyline at once

6. improving the womans division

7. improving the tag team division

8.Bringing back old stars edge,brett,nash etc

9.springing more surprises on the viewer

10 splitting the show into two halfs punk first half cena second

11.backstage promos

12.we vote for matches

13.pushing people like punk for championship

14.trying new things punk angle

15.taking risks ie nash,punk,vince,mark henry

16.shows have improved massively compared to what they where before wrestlemania and just after when it was clear everything had gone stagnent .

17.building for the future and building longer more drawn out storylines

18. tried to shake up commentary

19.new entrance music for people

20.Allowing people on the mic that usually dont get a chance Swagger,Dolph,otunga etc

You know something is going right again when the show is so much better now then it has been for a long time and thats with out Rey Mysterio,Kane,Big Show,The Undertaker,Goldust.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
I wouldn't say super shows are necessarily a good thing because it contradicts your first comment. New stars can be debatable, Punk is not new. HHH is not new. Cena is not new. I don't get what you mean? I don't really see the other "big" storyline besides the hhh/punk one. Swagger/Ziggler story can be good, but it has barely started and I wouldn't call it "good" or "big" yet. The women's division will not be fixed until K2 drops the plastic butterfly. Nash was really the only "shock" return recently, Edge has barely retired and Bret Hart's return is about a year and a half old now. The only surprise recently was Nash like I said previously. The backstage promos are getting better! (Y). Commentary is shit atm, King is horrible and JR has lost his emotion. Cole talks over both of them... Jr is the only one that calls moves. Dolph, Swagger and Otunga shouldn't have mic time because they can't talk all that well. In comes Vicky and that's where the promo time should be had with these heels.

Sorry, I read over this and it is very negative, but I honestly don't think the product is all that bad! The Punk storyline has me enthralled and I can't stop watching week after week, so I guess they are doing something right!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SIn Cara,Kharma,Hunico or whoever has been playing Sin Cara = New / and believe that there is 2 more on the way and tough enough winner will be debuting pretty soon.

Dolph is actually quite good on the mic, otunga and swagger are awful but they are been given the chance which is refreshing because i get bored of listening to Cena and the usual mic boys. it adds another dimension that the mid carders like swagger dolph kingston evan etc are given mic time because other wise its usal all of them in a 6 man match or having matches which usually seem like they are there simply to pad out time until the main event.

WOmens division isnt fixed but allowing them more time and a bit mic time a well as back stage promos and getting vickie involved slightly more , the usual brei bella 2 min match, also introducing kharma was a great idea playing the Chyna type role,obviously hasnt gone to plan yet but when she comes back im pretty sure that people will be more interested in the women's division.

Other big storlines

Dolph/Swagger/vicki
Cm punk vs nash
cm punk vs hhh
vince sacked
cm punk shoot
mark henry going ape shit every week putting out kane and big show etc, sound guy thrown, steel cage wall crushed.
christian vs orton
conspiracy theory building momento
giving more proven stars the tag team belts ie big show kane and kofi evan
hhh coo
cena vs del rio

there is usually only one thing going on which makes you only want to see one match at a PPV and its usually the main event.
now there building more storylines i want to see punk vs hhh,cena del rio,henry orton.

commentary may well be shit but it s a big improvement from what it has been having to listen to JKL and Cole skwabble every week has now gone to three guys and it does make a difference. they are using more and more wrestlers to come down and commentate as well.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Obviously it's getting better but it can still improve a lot.
People like you are why wrestling will never be great again. FFS.

People saying stuff like this annoy me, just give credit where it's due.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
There's nothing wrong for saying the wwe can still improve we all know what theyre capable when they bring their a game other than cm punk/triple/kevin nash promos at the end of the show raw is just filler.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
SIn Cara,Kharma,Hunico or whoever has been playing Sin Cara = New / and believe that there is 2 more on the way and tough enough winner will be debuting pretty soon.

Dolph is actually quite good on the mic, otunga and swagger are awful but they are been given the chance which is refreshing because i get bored of listening to Cena and the usual mic boys. it adds another dimension that the mid carders like swagger dolph kingston evan etc are given mic time because other wise its usal all of them in a 6 man match or having matches which usually seem like they are there simply to pad out time until the main event.

WOmens division isnt fixed but allowing them more time and a bit mic time a well as back stage promos and getting vickie involved slightly more , the usual brei bella 2 min match, also introducing kharma was a great idea playing the Chyna type role,obviously hasnt gone to plan yet but when she comes back im pretty sure that people will be more interested in the women's division.

Other big storlines

Dolph/Swagger/vicki
Cm punk vs nash
cm punk vs hhh
vince sacked
cm punk shoot
mark henry going ape shit every week putting out kane and big show etc, sound guy thrown, steel cage wall crushed.
christian vs orton
conspiracy theory building momento
giving more proven stars the tag team belts ie big show kane and kofi evan
hhh coo
cena vs del rio

there is usually only one thing going on which makes you only want to see one match at a PPV and its usually the main event.
now there building more storylines i want to see punk vs hhh,cena del rio,henry orton.

commentary may well be shit but it s a big improvement from what it has been having to listen to JKL and Cole skwabble every week has now gone to three guys and it does make a difference. they are using more and more wrestlers to come down and commentate as well.
A lot of the story-lines you listed can be compressed into 1. There are 3-4 storys going on and only 1-2 of them are "good/big" and that is debatable. The only reason I will buy NoC is HHH vs Punk. I couldn't give a shit about Henry vs Orton (because the match is gonna suck) Cena vs Del Rio is predictable.

I would love to see Kharma play Sin Cara - That would be funny as hell. The tough enough winner got busted with steroids and won't be debuting for a long time (if at all). The women's match on RAW was 45 seconds I believe.

Other than the stuff listed above I agree with the rest of your statement (Y)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
There's nothing wrong for saying the wwe can still improve we all know what theyre capable when they bring their a game other than cm punk/triple/kevin nash promos at the end of the show raw is just filler.
I have no problem with people saying how they can improve, but it's stuff like this; the Thread starter here has just listed 20 decent to good reasons why the shows are much better now, and someone comes along and just says it could still be better. It's true, but you could also give credit where its due and appreciate what we have currently. Everything can always improve, man, but to just neglect the current product in hope of improvement means you can't enjoy it.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
21. last RAW was the perfect example of this.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,808 Posts
I like what the WWE is trying to achieve at the moment.

1.resting big name stars like big show/rey mysterio/kane to allow others younger stars get a push.
lol, uh, John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H (since he is back and will no doubt return to being a full time wrestler soon) and CM Punk in particular want to have a word with you. Rey Mysterio is hurt so, yeah, he isn't exactly being rested by choice.

2.Super Shows

3.Inter brand matches
Both of these go together, pretty much, and this is just the WWE going back to old school wrestling, where there weren't any stupid brand splits.

4.new stars
....and a lot of shit ones, at that.

5.more than one big storyline at once
Read answer #4.

6. improving the womans division
How? The only good thing about it right now, imo, is Beth and Natalya....and they are up against OMG SO SCARY KELLY KELLY. How is that an improvement? I like how they are TRYING to make it better but it really isn't when most of the women are just talentless eye candy.

7. improving the tag team division
How? By putting together random guys and calling them a tag team? The tag team division sucks. Their 'tag teams' are nothing like the tag teams of the past.

8.Bringing back old stars edge,brett,nash etc
Yeah, man, let's get old washed up wrestlers (not all of them are but some are) to put back in the storylines instead of building up newer guys. LET'S MAKE WWE JUST LIKE TNA!

9.springing more surprises on the viewer
Not sure what 'surprises' you are talking about. The only 'surprise' was how they let Punk run his mouth the way he does.

10 splitting the show into two halfs punk first half cena second
Oh, of course, because nothing is better than just focusing on the same two guys, right? That sure doesn't get stale.

11.backstage promos
They still suck. Watch old promos and then watch today's promos. Total horseshit, for the most part.

12.we vote for matches
This, I don't mind, it makes it fun.

13.pushing people like punk for championship
This, I also don't mind, but they still put the belt on Cena and Orton far too much.

14.trying new things punk angle
That angle isn't really new. Punk telling off bosses = Austin.

15.taking risks ie nash,punk,vince,mark henry
Not all of those are risks, they are just stupid.

16.shows have improved massively compared to what they where before wrestlemania and just after when it was clear everything had gone stagnent .
Most of the reason wrestling is 'good' is because of Punk and his attitude. Wrestling in general is still pretty bad, imo.

17.building for the future and building longer more drawn out storylines
Gonna be a pretty bleak future.

18. tried to shake up commentary
Don't mind this but it doesn't always work.

19.new entrance music for people
Read answers #4 and #5.

20.Allowing people on the mic that usually dont get a chance Swagger,Dolph,otunga etc
This can also contribute in killing a character. Not everyone is good on the mic. Someone can be great in the ring but, as soon as they get on a mic, they ruin things. John Morrison is one who comes to mind.

Just my opinions here but I actually disagree with a lot of your points.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I have no problem with people saying how they can improve, but it's stuff like this; the Thread starter here has just listed 20 decent to good reasons why the shows are much better now, and someone comes along and just says it could still be better. It's true, but you could also give credit where its due and appreciate what we have currently. Everything can always improve, man, but to just neglect the current product in hope of improvement means you can't enjoy it.
Some of the ops points were contradicting like building new talent instead of old guys but yet he insists its good too bring back old talent like kevin nash and then says its good to take a chance on nash its repetitive and contradicting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts