• Punk

Votes: 101 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Banned
2,519 Posts
People listing kayfabe achievements like it means all that much... *sigh* for crying out loud, Piper and Snuka and Roberts are all heralded as legends and yet their WWE title success included only ONE IC run between all three of them. Yet they are at the forefront of conversations when legends are discussed while guys like Sammartino and Backlund (two of the longest reigning WWE champions in history) are not as well remembered today. And as I said before... arguing career length means NOTHING. Warrior's time in the spotlight was short... he is still talked about. Rocky's time in the spotlight was short compared to many top names... we still talk about him. It isn't about length... it's about impact.
And Orton has had a much bigger impact than Punk ever has, and most likely ever will have.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I highly doubt WWE will ever book Randy the way they did in 2010-Early 2011. My eyes were Opened to that when he tapped cleanly as a face to ADR, no megastar babyface has EVER done that, Austin, Rock, Cena, Taker, I don't believe any of them tapped out cleanly and on a throw away smack down.

It's just way too risky for them at this point.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I highly doubt WWE will ever book Randy the way they did in 2010-Early 2011. My eyes were Opened to that when he tapped cleanly as a face to ADR, no megastar babyface has EVER done that, Austin, Rock, Cena, Taker, I don't believe any of them tapped out cleanly and on a throw away smack down.

It's just way too risky for them at this point.
Rock did tap out to Chris Benoit back in 2002 a few weeks before SummerSlam. It was not exactly clean as Brock Lesnar distracted him, but an example of a top face tapping out. Austin also tapped out twice cleanly in 2001, but I guess being a heel made it a little different.

But I think you're right, they are not going to use him as a superman top guy anymore and it seems like Orton himself doesn't really care now that he's done it all at only 32 years of age. They may just use him as the top face that helps put over less credible heels, a role that he has had in about a year now and he seems comfortable with. (he stated in an interview last year that he wants to help put over the younger guys)

I still hope they put him in matches with the likes of The Rock and Lesnar since he's the best option from the full-time guys after Cena.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Rock did tap out to Chris Benoit back in 2002 a few weeks before SummerSlam. It was not exactly clean as Brock Lesnar distracted him, but an example of a top face tapping out. Austin also tapped out twice cleanly in 2001, but I guess being a heel made it a little different.

But I think you're right, they are not going to use him as a superman top guy anymore and it seems like Orton himself doesn't really care now that he's done it all at only 32 years of age. They may just use him as the top face that helps put over less credible heels, a role that he has had in about a year now and he seems comfortable with. (he stated in an interview last year that he wants to help put over the younger guys)

I still hope they put him in matches with the likes of The Rock and Lesnar since he's the best option from the full-time guys after Cena.
I just watched a Rock/Benoit match on YT, it was 8/15/02 and Rock won that clean with a Rock Bottom so...

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
I just watched a Rock/Benoit match on YT, it was 8/15/02 and Rock won that clean with a Rock Bottom so...
'twas a tag team match with Edge and Eddie Guerrero.

CM Punk also tapped out to Daniel Bryan at Over the Limit during the three count as a face. So I guess that counts too even if it was not a loss.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Orton is better in ring than Punk, I hope he's recognized as that in 20 years at least.

Orton.

Punk is a walking symbol of what is, was and will be wrong with the IWC's philosophy. An overhyped failure that will always be remembered for his fanatic following than his mediocre accomplishments.
Agree 100%. Dude was an afterthought during his title reign for a reason. He was cool til he sold out and got on board with the bullying shit he spoke out against. I miss the Punk who gave sermons during the Royal Rumble. This new guy blows.

·
Registered
86 Posts
"Viewed as a greater superstar." That would be Orton. If we're talking straight WWE, it's gonna be him. Orton has done more in his WWE career than Punk has, and that little time he has over Punk will count in WWE fanboy knowledge.

Reactions: WWFVK

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
punk. what has orton even done that's memorable? he's too boring too remember anything he does by the week after.
-Been 1/4 of one of the great modern stables
-Become one of the youngest world champions ever
-Become a recognised heel as "The Legend Killer"
-Has entered in programs with everybody who is anybody in the past decade

141 - 155 of 155 Posts