Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week Booker was fumbling his words, his mic was too low and his voice was so deep you couldn't hear him properly. What a difference a week makes!

This week he really added to the commentary, he was the perfect balance to Cole, he was funny and added a lot to the mix. Does anyone else think he was great last night?

·
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
1,066 Posts
agree with you bro.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loved the Big Bossman reference too, Booker has a lot of old skool references for the marks!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Yep, he did a good job this week. He is a good addition to commentary and a breath of fresh air. Still sucks that I have to hear Cole 4 hours a week though.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Loved the Big Bossman reference too, Booker has a lot of old skool references for the marks!
There seemed to be a few awkward moments of silence after he said that :p

Booker was pretty entertaining on commentary this week, I liked how he hyped up Edge/Ziggler.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He knows what to say to make the people in the ring look strong, when he was saying Big Show was gonna come back and do something before Zeke suplexed him, he definitely knows how to hype and I think it helps that he's a wrestler.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Booker's having some growing pains given he's still starting, but something I love about his commentary already is that he's trying to put over everybody in the ring. JTG is hardly high on the food chain, but Booker pointed out him being a potential bump in Kane's road prior to Elimination Chamber.

He actually seems genuinely excited about matches, and as much as he occasionally overdoes it, I'd much rather have that than have someone either sounding bored or trying to get themselves over.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I cracked up at the thread title it literally made me laugh out loud because he's doing horrendous, but I am sure he'll eventually get better

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
He's below average imo. He's definately improving though and he will even more. I think given time he could be a very good commentator and I agree with a past poster about how he hypes people up very well. Overall a decent start for Booker T on SmackDown.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
He's the Don West of WWE, and I say that in a positive way. It's nice to hear someone who's actually overly excited to be there.

·
I recycle.
1,281 Posts
The problem is he doesn't fit with any commentator's style, example is the previews of upcoming matches he's screaming at the top of his lungs, then Cole or Matthews comes in a reads the line in normal tone so it seems out of place.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Having Book behind the mic is a good thing give him a minute to really get into the swing of things and I see it working for the better and besides wouldnt you rather hear him ringside than see him in the ring?

·
Registered
329 Posts
He has improved a lot from week 1.

There still is some awkwardness in what he says and his execution of commentary can be a little better but, over time, im sure he will get a lit better

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I loved during the Edge/Ziggler match when he started yelling "He's gonna do it!" over and over again before Edge hit the second spear. Reminded me of his "Batista is down" moment.

·
Banned
354 Posts
I love Booker on the mic, it's something different. But Cole makes him even better, without Cole, Booker could be useless.

·
Registered
807 Posts
He's going to attack Cole one of these days, and it will be great.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
He's a good foil for Cole, in that we've got a solid face (Book) v. heel (Cole) v. neutral (Mathews) dynamic in the booth now. I really like Booker on the mic, because he makes every single competitor feel important and special. He puts people over.

He still needs a lot of work, however, on matching his comments to the action in the ring. For example, in the Ziggler/Edge match with Vickie as guest ref, the obvious tone the face announcer should set is that Vickie's presence as referee is unfair. However, Booker kept imploring Vickie to "do something" when even an unbiased referee wouldn't have anything to do, and Cole called him out on it. That will improve over time, however, and I hope WWE gives Booker the opportunity to grow into this role.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts