Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JOHN CENA vs. WADE BARRETT

The John Cena / Nexus storyline has been going on since June, and it seems to go in chapters, each ending at a major PPV. The first part was Nexus being an unstoppable force. Chapter 1 ended @ Summerslam, when Team WWE finally defeated Nexus, proving they were beatable. Within a few weeks, the Nexus had regrouped, kicked out a few originals, and added some new ones. Wade Barrett changed his focus in taking over Raw by converting John Cena and winning the WWE Championship. Chapter 2 ended @ Survivor Series, with Cena taking the bullet and getting fired. Now we're in Chapter 3, with the tables completely turned. Instead of Nexus invading Raw and attacking Cena, it's Cena invading Raw and attacking Nexus. I feel like this part will come to a close @ Royal Rumble, with Cena reemployed. This is all set up for the final battle between Cena and Barrett @ WrestleMania, which will end the Nexus storyline once and for all. Exactly how it will end remains to be seen, but I have a feeling it will end there.

RANDY ORTON vs. THE MIZ

Some of you may think this is a joke. Think again. Two important transisitons have happened over the course of 2010. The first was Randy Orton becoming a #2 babyface on Raw, after John Cena. The second was The Miz becoming a main-eventer, and the #2 heel on Raw, after Wade Barrett. These two builds have crossed paths over the year too, and the writing is in the wall for these two to fued @ WrestleMania. It was The Miz that knocked Randy Orton off the ladder @ MITB, and taking the briefcase for himself. It was The Miz that lost the United States Championship @ Night of Champions - the same night that Randy Orton won the WWE Championship. And it was The Miz that finally cashed in, and took the WWE Championship from Randy Orton two weeks ago on Raw. Coincidences? Maybe. Maybe not. But for those that say The Miz will lose his WWE Championship @ TLC, don't be so sure. I think he'll still lose it to Orton, but not at the PPV you're thinking of.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
first one is fairly safe for a guess, and honestly should happen. there's no point to have all this bulid-up between the two and not have them meet at WM.

but oh, for the love of all that is holy and unholy and everything in between, please don't make me watch Orton vs. The Miz. i highly doubt they'll actually have this match at WM, as rarely do they ever have someone in Mizs position walk into the main event at WM, but if they do, it's their fault when the dead crowd ends up killing the match (even though they'll be dead for a reason)

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I dont want Orton vs. Miz, mainly because I find Orton to be very boring. I would rather Miz drop the title and have a good match with someone else. I like Miz, but I dont think he is ready for a main event type of match for Wrestlemania. Maybe another year or two.

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
The Miz is losing the belt at elmination chamber to Barrett so that first match you predicted can take place. That's just my guess. Miz is not headlining wrestlemania as WWE Champion. Not yet anyway. Barrett is just for the simple fact he's gonna lose it to Cena anyways.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I agree and I hate it. Cena/Barrett will happen, and so will The Miz/Orton probably.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah I think Cena/Barrett is a strong possibility, but not for the title because Barrett's far too new to main event WM. It might be one of the "lesser main events" like this year where you had Jericho vs. Edge and Cena vs. Batista as the other mains while Taker vs. HBK was the big one.

The ME will probably be Orton vs. ... someone, but not the Miz. I reckon the Miz will have a mid-card feud going on at that point before he is raised to ME again.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I love the idea, and I'll gladly take both of those over Cena/Orton for the umpteenth time.

Just thinking of the actual wrestling aspect of Miz/Orton makes me cringe, though. Miz has proven that he needs to be carried to good main-event level matches, and Orton has proved with his Barrett matchups that he can't do the carrying. Not a good combo.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
I still think we are getting Taker vs Barrett at Wrestlemanaia, which leaves the WWE title match as either Miz vs Cena, Miz vs Orton, or the one most people think it's gonna be Orton vs Cena, or WWE might say srew it and make it a triple threat Miz vs Orton vs Cena.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah I don't really want to see an Orton/Miz match either but there is a good chance of it happening unfortunately, only other main event heel Orton has to feud with is Sheamus and he will probably be tied up with HHH, guess they could push a Morrison/Miz feud but where does that leave Orton? When is CM Punk due back anyway?

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Unless Undertaker is missing Wrestlemania, Wade vs. Cena is not going to happen. Do people think WWE just had Nexus attack and bury Taker for a laugh? If Taker returns, he's going to feud with Nexus and the Cena and Wade conflict will be over.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
If those two matches actually happen then the only reason to purchase the PPV would be because of the lower card and hopefully a good Taker match, because I seriously wouldn't give a fuck about any of those matches, Cena/Barrett could be good but will probably be average, Orton/Miz I can guarantee would be shit.

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
Miz/Morrison and Orton/Jericho would be better. I highly doubt Miz vs. Orton will be going around that time since they're surely having a match at the next PPV before moving on to different things.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
The first problem is that 3 of these guys can't put on an entertaining match without some kind of gimmick being added. The second one is that 2 of these guys would face each other.

Taker/Cena plox and Orton as well as Miz being involved in something else.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
John Cena vs. CM Punk - WWE Championship
Triple H vs. Rey Mysterio - World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho
Underaker vs. Wade Barrett w/Nexus
Big Show vs. Sheamus vs. Kane
Edge vs. The Miz - Street Fight
Money In The Bank (Kofi, Morrison, Jack Swagger, Alberto Del Rio, MVP, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne)

I wouldn't mind a card similar to that. It focuses on developing a current main event star more (CM Punk), helps get over newer stars (Sheamus, Miz, Wade), a solid undercard match (Orton/Jericho) and also gives us a match that should have happened a long time ago and is pretty big on paper (Rey/Triple H).

Winners I would book in bold. Triple H would be a heel. Big Show would win so Sheamus/Big Show can happen in a one on one where I'd book Sheamus to go over.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
I'm the choir and I've been preached to now.

Seriously, I think there are a host of issues you have to consider for Wrestlemania, but one of the crucial ones is the arc of all the storylines. And Amsterdam is pointing out that the two dominant storylines on Raw since June--one bluntly hit over and over, the other more subtly hinted at until Miz's cash-in--have been, by their own trajectories, Barrett vs. Cena as the blowoff to Nexus at Wrestlemania and Orton vs. Miz for the WWE Championship. It's been the two primary storylines. #3 is the rise of Sheamus and his gloating about taking out Triple H. Since it's looking like Triple H isn't returning until Royal Rumble time, that almost guarantees Sheamus vs. Triple H as well.

I fucking hate to write this, but, the story on Smackdown has been Kane vs. Undertaker. I don't want to see it, but if WWE follows through over there, you've probably got Kane vs. Undertaker. Of course, the Nexus involvement in Taker's burial immediately opened that can of worms up for Taker to return on. Will Skip Sheffield be healthy in time? Could it be Skip vs. Taker?! (I'm only halfway kidding.) The alternative would be Taker vs. Barrett. Which I fear would be more unwatchable than anything Amsterdam or I have predicted. Cena and Barrett proved they could work together fine at Hell in a Cell. Miz vs. Orton is a question mark, but their Raw match in August was decent and had that distinct "we're not giving very much away here" feel to it. I think a Miz/Orton feud has potential because Miz can carry it on the mic and Orton can... perhaps, carry it in the ring. Heck, their cash-in "match" on Raw was better than Orton vs. Barrett either at Bragging Rights or Survivor Series. As with their Raw match, they were telling a pretty engaging story. Could they do it at Wrestlemania? One way to help would be to make it No DQ. Throw in an Alex Riley interference, some well-utilized weapons. Essentially, don't make the same mistake as Orton/Triple H at Wrestlemania a couple years ago.

That said, in a perfect world, I'd probably dig Caped Crusader's Wrestlemania card. But while I initially saw Punk vs. Cena as a very possible match-up last winter, I cannot see how WWE could believably build to that with the combination of factors considering Punk's injury keeping him out until Rumble time, the Cena/Nexus arc being nowhere near the finish line, the WWE Championship being on Miz's shoulder with Orton the probable face challenger for a while, etceteras. Triple H vs. Mysterio is unlikely due to where both guys are right now. Again, as matches, I'd dig at least a bunch of them but the stories just aren't going there. Barrett/Taker and Orton/Jericho remain distinct possibilities, however, based on the way Taker exited and Jericho exited in early fall.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
The way I see it there are a number of different ways they can go. I'm going to leave SD out because I have no fucking clue what the hell they are going to do there, it's a mess right now. But like I said, there are lots of scenarios for Raw.

Scenario 1

Cena vs Barrett
Orton vs Miz (WWE)
Trips vs Seamus

But this leaves out Taker

Scenario 2

Cena vs Taker
Orton vs Miz (WWE)
Trips vs Seamus

This leaves out Barrett

Scenario 3

Trips vs Taker
Orton vs Cena

Bigger matches but the younger guys (Miz, Seamus and Barrett) left out.

Scenario 4

Cena vs Barrett
Trips vs Taker
Orton vs Miz (WWE)

This leaves out Seamus

Scenario 5

Cena vs Barrett
Taker vs Seamus
Orton vs Miz

Leaves out Trips

Scenario 6

Cena vs Barrett
Trips vs Miz (WWE)
Seamus vs Taker
Orton vs Punk

It's safe to say that I have absolutely NO clue where they are going lol. I think we are only really going to be able to guess when we know who the Rumble winner is.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
It's safe to say that I have absolutely NO clue where they are going lol. I think we are only really going to be able to guess when we know who the Rumble winner is.
Ah, but what if the Royal Rumble winner is... *gasp*... from Smackdown? Which I keep predicting will be the case because Raw's storylines are so busy and comparatively kinetic compared to Smackdown, which could honestly use some kind of big happening to jumpstart that brand's Road to Wrestlemania.

Really loved your scenarios. Hahaha.

I'd honestly be game for:

CM Punk vs. Triple H (Grudge)
Sheamus vs. Undertaker (Streak)
Orton vs. Miz (WWE)
Barrett vs. Cena (Nexus Finale)

I keep wanting them to insert Punk into something big for Wrestlemania but I don't know what that is or how they can do it. Around this past Royal Rumble, Punk and Triple H were in the baby steps of what could have turned out to be a fantastic feud all the way to Wrestlemania, but both guys split off to other things (Mysterio, Sheamus). Maybe CM Punk vs. Edge? Jericho? I don't know. Smackdown's a total mystery right now.

14,478 Posts
Those 2 matches are very possible, but quite predictable as well. I am hoping that they don't give us those matches.

This is what I want:
Wade Barrett to John Cena: "I will give you your job back as long as you beat and retire the Undertaker at Wrestlemania XXVII"
And before you say 'oh ho gm can only give Cena his job back'. Remember what they said on raw this week ;)

and this makes sense as well. Who helped Kane to bury the Undertaker?

Now when it comes to the WWE championship, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave us Miz vs Orton. However, I'd add Wade Barrett in that match as well to make it a triple threat.

edit: Actually it makes more sense for Wade Barrett, Cena and Undertaker to be in a triple threat match. "I will give you your job back as long as you help me beat Undertaker and break his streak"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts