Wrestling Forum banner

2 for the price of 1 ticket offer for Extreme Rules.

4K views 56 replies 40 participants last post by  r055co 
#1 ·
Extreme Rules is getting the buy 1 one get 1 free treatment like Stomping Grounds did.

Direct link to those tickets.

https://ev15.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=PR:WACH!M:WA2019:WWE0714:WWEBOGO&linkID=m-global-wachovia&caller=PR&prc=WWEBOGO&ppc=WWEBOGO&RSRC=CC_EM&RDAT=DM25044&mi_u=1249217&fromDesktop=1

Still having trouble selling those tickets I see.

Wonder if lll still be like this for the Royal Rumble. I live in Houston and me and a friend said were going lll be my first wrestling ppv when RR comes to Houston next year

#27 ·
Re: 2 for the price of 1 ticket offer being done for Extreme Rules.

That's pretty bad, especially for Philly.

#28 ·

To bad to see this but it speaks to the state of the WWE right now. Hope with Heyman and Bischoff being around things get better and the need of tarp becomes non existent.

#33 ·

Stomping Grounds was a terribly named rematch city D lister that was going to run in San Diego but was switched to Tacoma, Washington. It had everything going against it. Don't get me wrong, its pathetic that every major belt in the company was on the line and they did BOGO and papered the event and TARP went over EVERYBODY, but its Tacoma. Whatever.

To desperately trot out the Undertaker and do ticket discounts for a PPV in PHILLY?! You gotta be joking me, that's pathetic.

#35 ·

Time to start using CGI to add fans Vince. You could even get them to cheer Roman.

#41 ·
So now were complaining that they are selling the cheaper seats with a buy one get one free. A savings to the fans, especially for people taking families.[/img]

You've completely missed the point. People aren't complaining about the ability to get cheap tickets - they're pointing to it as a sign of WWE's desperation and their inability to draw. You're mixing and matching two completely separate points.

Portland is one thing (wrestling history aside) for Stomping Grounds. This is Philadelphia for Extreme Rules. A city that is metropolitan with tons of wrestling fans with a well-known history. On top of Undertaker doing a match for this event..
Tacoma, but your point is still sound. Philadelphia + the obvious "extreme" historical connection + Undertaker and you STILL can't draw people? That might be the most ominous sign yet.

#43 ·
not sure how people are seeing sections blocked off, the official tickets are sold through wells fargo center site and doesn't have a way to view a map of available tickets that I am aware of. Actually same interface the sears center website uses, not the best. Anyway you can still get 2nd row tickets in section 7 which is center to the ring. That's pretty amazing for a PPV in a big wrestling city like Philly. Most of the tickets seem to be on hard cam side, so will look full on tv, they will just upgrade people and move them around to fill up all the empty floor seats, section 8 seems to have a ton of tickets left.

Wonder if lll still be like this for the Royal Rumble. I live in Houston and me and a friend said were going lll be my first wrestling ppv when RR comes to Houston next year
Unfortunately for you I would doubt it. Royal Rumble is a massive draw.
They will probably do a big sale for Houston, its in a baseball park correct? There are a lot of seats to fill for that one. It didn't sell out this year in AZ which was also in a baseball stadium. Summersalm is like the rare exception this year. It was even more of a pain to get tickets then when it was in Brooklyn, sold out really fast. Wonder how it would have done if it was held in the skydome instead.

#44 ·
not sure how people are seeing sections blocked off, the official tickets are sold through wells fargo center site and doesn't have a way to view a map of available tickets that I am aware of. Actually same interface the sears center website uses, not the best. Anyway you can still get 2nd row tickets in section 7 which is center to the ring. That's pretty amazing for a PPV in a big wrestling city like Philly. Most of the tickets seem to be on hard cam side, so will look full on tv, they will just upgrade people and move them around to fill up all the empty floor seats, section 8 seems to have a ton of tickets left.
Yes. The "non cam" side usually is the last to fill. In fact they don't even open that side up until closer to any event. They start with the "non cam" sides, then work their way to the middle. I remember being to RAW/SD events in the 90's at the height of Austin. "non cam" side always had less people. They have sections removed/blacked out on purpose for various reasons. The floor front rows are even less rows than the cam side. It been designed like this for years.

P.S. - Was at Raw Monday. The arena was pretty much full. Only parts were "blacked out" was of course behind/parallel with the stage construction. And the upper deck "non camera" side. All floors, around the ramp, around ring, the entire large floor section (behind where the announce tables for PPV/SD go) filled. All lower, mezz, upper, on "camera side" & side section filled. "Non camera" side lower & mezz ... 80% filled.

#50 ·
BOGO and Groupon, soon we're going to hear them in major shopping centers handing out the tickets for free. If it gets bad enough, they'll paper some tickets. They did it for Stomping Grounds.
If they were so concerned about the tickets not being bang for the buck, they wouldn't run so many events, they'd build them better and the overall ticket prices would be down across the board. They don't want to do any of that. They just want to save face to the venues, the investors, the viewers, the television networks, and pull stunts to put butts in the seats. That's all.

Its Philly, so I doubt a TARPAMANIA situation, but they will still be laying some tarps in Philly, after pulling at least 4 stunts to get people in the joint (Brock Party cash in tease/potential Brock appearance, BOGO, Groupon and shoehorning the Undertaker). That's pathetic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.