Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,338 Posts
The first one sucks pretty bad and on the second one did you make the BG?

The reason I ask is because the first banner has a sucky BG and then this one has a good BG.

I don't like the text on either of them.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Why do they suck?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I don't like them att all although the second one is better.

The first one to start with is too busy, there are too many cut's and none of them do anyhitng. It's too busy but yet very boring. The placemenet also isn't very good with them over lapping eachother taking away from the quality of the banner. Also, the cuts don't seem to be well cut, too much left either side and they all seem to be stretc in some one which was one of the first things I've noticed. The Bg is a dissapointment, the text is boring and plain and you really shouldn't leave a cut with the edge cut off not on an edge (victoria cut).

The second one has a much better BG and seems to work better on th whole, still not particuarly good though. The cuts again aren't great and they again don't do anyhitng so it again seems boring. There are less of them that is good, but they again seem distorted in some way. The text again is nothing special, the shadow is kind of pointless and doesn't look very good.

Some of the cuts on both seem blured in someway taking away from the quality and they both need a border.

1st one 2/10
2nd one 5/10

(and that's being quite kind :agree:)

·
Registered
11,885 Posts

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
wft tat rox!

·
Banned
9,035 Posts
Premade backgrounds suck. Make your own backgrounds! :)

You need to check out some of the other members banners and see how they put cuts in a banner. Usually loading a banner with a dozen small wrestler cuts is bad and makes the banner look n00bish. Work on your backgrounds(try good-tutorials.com for some nice tuts) and cut placement(maybe two or three at a time. Usually themed. Not just any and every random wrestler) and you'll get the hang of it. :)

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
JsnakeJ13 said:
thanks I just downloaded Photoshop 7.0

That's cool! I hope to see you improve and become good!

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
How does this Vince banner look?

I'm trying to make a different border but I don't know how to make them like Junk De Luxe does with Photoshop?

Here is the same image with a vorder because I figured it out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts