Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think Lashley will be walking into Mania as champion to face Drew. Lashley winning the title on RAW (free TV) is not needed when he can win it at Fastlane.
He'll win at fastlane since it's peacocks first ppv I believe

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
A few things I enjoyed from this week's RAW. The ascension of Bobby Lashley has been a joy to watch. You can see how much more awesome he looks with MVP doing most of the talking for him. Speaking of talking, I did enjoy his little threat he said to Miz in the opening segment. Sounded believable and his voice sounded more dangerous. Like you really dont want him to be angry at you. You want to know who shouldn't be talking? Braun Stroman. He is more than clarified to earn a World Title shot. Thats gonna make it to Botchamania for sure.

Riddle/Morrison deserves to be a rivalry. I continue to hate seeing Morrison be a jobber. New Day/Retribution stuff I was whatever with. Angel Garza's booking is all over the place. He had to make Damian Priest look good. I wonder when will Bad Bunny drop the 24/7 Title. And I wonder who is going to feud for Asuka's Title. Isn't it clear the WWE only cares about Charlotte and not Asuka? Are you surprised that Asuka ate the pinfall lost again in a tag team match? I want to se a direction with this division. Same thing applies to the women's tag team Titles too. Let the Riot Squad get a real challenge this time. And build up Ravishing Glow so they will be ready when the time comes. Sheamus is getting strong booking now. I dont hate a Styles/Ricochet feud although I know Ricochet has no shot at winning the feud. I'm happy The Miz gets to be World Champ again but I know he is going to drop it soon. Hoping its not next week against Lashley in a single's match. Let it happen at Fastlane at least because Lashley is ready to be Champion.

·
Registered
13,083 Posts
Is there anything Lashley is better at then Mcintyre? I'm sure he has his fans because of his current attitude, but he is literally just a carbon copy of heel Mcintyre.

Drew is better in the ring, better on the mic, has a better look and has more charisma.

Lashley definitely has the better look. His look is further legitimatized by having a background in MMA. McIntyre is ahead in the rest though.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,684 Posts
A WWE World Champion that can actually cut a promo makes such a hug difference, why is such a thing so fare thesedays. More World Champs need to be able to cut a promo. Miz's one Raw as Champion has highlighted just how lacking that area has been in recent years. Main Event talents should be able to deliver quality promos.

Also, at least for me its amazing how much of a difference having a World Champ that isnt an unstoppable superhero makes. As much as I'm sick of Miz endlessly jobbing, at least he can actually take an L and actually put his opponent over. Raw actually felt interesting for the first time in a long time without a dull World Champ steering the ship.

No Fiend or McIntyre was a nice touch as well.

Is there anything Lashley is better at then Mcintyre? I'm sure he has his fans because of his current attitude, but he is literally just a carbon copy of heel Mcintyre.

Drew is better in the ring, better on the mic, has a better look and has more charisma.
Bobby isnt the most interesting person out there, but what he doe shave is MVP/Hurt Business to mask his flaws.

Drew by the way is no better on the mic than Bobby, isnt any more charismatic and Bobbys look is better. Drew looks generic as hell, greasy hair and a beard, just like everyone else.

But yeah, Bobby has MVP as a part of his act. So while Drew goes out there every week and cuts dull, emotionless, monotone, robotic promos, MVP cuts good promos for Lashley. Likewise in regards to personality and charisma. Drew has nothing to mask his massive flaws and the fact that he's mediocre at best in all areas. At least Bobby has MVP to round out his current act.

Also while Drew cosplays as a tough guy, Bobby Lashley actually is one.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
I'm going to call that Miz probably isn't losing the WWE Championship next week. They're going to stretch out him finding ways to avoid the inevitable crushing he's due until Fastlane because that's kind of the point of cowardly heel champions; you want to see them crushed but they keep avoiding it one way or another so it's all the more satisfying when they finally can't avoid it any more.

And with no sign of McIntyre on RAW this week, odds are he's going to make himself known in a big way next week, probably in a way that costs Lashley the WWE Championship.

Which will then give Miz the way out because he can say "well I gave you your WWE Championship opportunity like we agreed, it's not my fault a crazed Scotsman ruined it for you."

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,684 Posts
[/QUOTE]
I'm going to call that Miz probably isn't losing the WWE Championship next week. They're going to stretch out him finding ways to avoid the inevitable crushing he's due until Fastlane because that's kind of the point of cowardly heel champions; you want to see them crushed but they keep avoiding it one way or another so it's all the more satisfying when they finally can't avoid it any more.

And with no sign of McIntyre on RAW this week, odds are he's going to make himself known in a big way next week, probably in a way that costs Lashley the WWE Championship.

Which will then give Miz the way out because he can say "well I gave you your WWE Championship opportunity like we agreed, it's not my fault a crazed Scotsman ruined it for you."
This scenario makes sense, but WWE doesn't know how to book cowardly heels anymore. As you said cowardly heel Champions should avoid their comeuppance until the big match. But thesedays WWE book cowardly heels by having them get utterly destroyed every single time they're on TV.

A part of me thinks its too obvious that Lashley will smash Miz so there will be a swerve involved. But its more likely Miz just gets squashed because WWE have zero understanding of how cowardly heels are meant to be booked.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
This scenario makes sense, but WWE doesn't know how to book cowardly heels anymore. As you said cowardly heel Champions should avoid their comeuppance until the big match. But thesedays WWE book cowardly heels by having them get utterly destroyed every single time they're on TV.

A part of me thinks its too obvious that Lashley will smash Miz so there will be a swerve involved. But its more likely Miz just gets squashed because WWE have zero understanding of how cowardly heels are meant to be booked.
I mean there is always that chance. WWE clearly only put the belt on the Miz to get it onto Lashley. Which I'm basically fine with because Lashley is awesome and has MVP and the Hurt Business with him and they're one of the best things going on WWE TV right now.

So there's every chance that they'll just go 'fuck it' and rush the transition because they're idiots who don't know what a good thing they've got in the 'cowardly scumbag heel Miz vs unrelenting juggernaut Lashley' dynamic so they'll blow their load prematurely.

Because they think having Lashley crush him instantly will get him more over when logically having him on the title hunt even just for the couple of weeks until Fastlane, with the Miz constantly throwing up roadblocks that Lashley has to plough straight through, will work better in building him up than just handing him the title immediately would.

·
Registered
26,391 Posts
Probably their best Raw of 2021 though that ain't saying a whole lot. Nothing upset me watching the show, they had some good matches, and Bob was made to look like a beast. At the same time, no really big or hot angle to lift the show up even more.

Compared to all the other weekly shows, that's something they're lacking.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Because they think having Lashley crush him instantly will get him more over when logically having him on the title hunt even just for the couple of weeks until Fastlane, with the Miz constantly throwing up roadblocks that Lashley has to plough straight through, will work better in building him up than just handing him the title immediately would.
It will get Lashley over to instantly win. Miz is an annoying chicken sh*t heel like Sami Zayn. And when Lashley met Zayn, he squashed him like a bug and rightfully so. Lashley, who is a heel anyway, doesnt need to have more than a 2 minute match to beat comedy mid carder Miz. Lashley aint a underdog babyface that needs roadblocks to overcome.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
It will get Lashley over to instantly win. Miz is an annoying chicken sh*t heel like Sami Zayn. And when Lashley met Zayn, he squashed him like a bug and rightfully so. Lashley, who is a heel anyway, doesnt need to have more than a 2 minute match to beat comedy mid carder Miz. Lashley aint a underdog babyface that needs roadblocks to overcome.
Guess we'll see how they play it. I'd prefer them wait on it, but that's mostly cause I love seeing Miz as champion. I'm fine with either option because either way we end up with Lashley as WWE Champion and MVP as his mouthpiece which is a great thing regardless.

On a non-Miz note: I'm being naive, I know this, in hoping that Ali's meltdown at Retribution is sowing the seeds of him finally getting the fuck away from them. He's way too fucking talented to be stuck having to be the focus of that shitshow, the sooner it ends the better.

I don't know if it'll be him just up and leaving them or them turning on him. Either way, I just want him to be free of that anchor.

I honestly don't give a single fuck what happens to the rest of them. I just want him to still have some value at the end of this because I honestly think he's one of the best talents WWE has right now.

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
15,707 Posts
Average show full of mostly filler matches.

The only highlights I'll take from that is the Opener and the Main Event that solidified Lashley as hungry and ready all the more to be WWE Championship material I dig that and as I have been saying the last month or so he's been booked strong since August last year.

Orton coughing up blood or whatever was gruesome but I wished the segment actually had a little more added to it.

Stop giving AJ Lower Midcard fodder too it's beneath him.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Well WWE's booking of Miz usually goes like this ..Miz talks the big talk, Miz squashed this week, will be beaten to a pulp next week but will be saved by Mcintyre and will have nothing even remotely close to Miz pulling out a fluke win through cheating or something similar, then comes the build up of Mcintyre vs Lashley during which Miz will probably be beaten badly by both of them on individual occassions, before finally he will lose the title to one of them 😀 .. Eventually WWE uses him as the guy with the big talk but other wise goes through the jobber treatment.. and its a shame really that they cannot book chicken shit heels at all...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well WWE's booking of Miz usually goes like this ..Miz talks the big talk, Miz squashed this week, will be beaten to a pulp next week but will be saved by Mcintyre and will have nothing even remotely close to Miz pulling out a fluke win through cheating or something similar, then comes the build up of Mcintyre vs Lashley during which Miz will probably be beaten badly by both of them on individual occassions, before finally he will lose the title to one of them 😀 .. Eventually WWE uses him as the guy with the big talk but other wise goes through the jobber treatment.. and its a shame really that they cannot book chicken shit heels at all...
Miz is a chicken shit Heel that how he suppose to be book. He runs his mouth and when you think he going to get beat he finds a way to escape with the win which draws more heat on him which is what you want from your heel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has Lucha House Party ever been anything other than glorified jobbers?

I thought it was a decent show. It kind of peaked for me at Miz' decision. The match between Strowman and Lashley seemed forced and irrelevant to me. They could have kept Strowman out of it and built something better for down the road rather than introduce this little piece of drama and end it so quickly. Of course, let's see if they have something in mind to keep it alive.

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
13,926 Posts
The rise of Lashley was the only thing that was good about raw.

That divas tag match went what? 2 minutes right. With all the women have overcome they go right back to 2 minutes? Ouch.

Riddle vs Morrison wasn’t abad match. Feud with them could be something very good for riddle.

301 - 320 of 326 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.