Wrestling Forum banner

1991-1994 how great was tag wrestling

1166 13
man watchin old ppv just shows how much i miss actual tag teams

the nastys, lod, bushwakers, natural disasters, beverley brothers, head shrinkers, high energy, money inc, steiners, quebeccers, orient express... and so on.

and just sad now there is no proper teams
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Celestial Messiah
39,109 Posts
Oh yeah, some real high class tag teams right there. The Beverly brothers, like woah. Epic.

Fact is, Vince barely ever gave two shits about tag wrestling. Now the territories, WCW and AWA, thats where tag wrestling shone.

· Registered
9,456 Posts
Oh yeah, some real high class tag teams right there. The Beverly brothers, like woah. Epic.

Fact is, Vince barely ever gave two shits about tag wrestling. Now the territories, WCW and AWA, thats where tag wrestling shone.
There were some great teams in WWF during that era; Legion Of Doom, Hart Foundation, The Rockers, Steiner Brothers, Headshrinkers, Shawn Michaels & Diesel, The Quebecers ... they were all great tag teams with distinctive, individual style.

· #EMMAtained
5,963 Posts
The early 90's was great tag team wrestling in WCW, Steiners, Hollywood Blondes, Doom, Harlem Heat, Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard, was great. Then the WWE had good teams, in the mid 90's though like Owen and Bulldog, Owen and Yokozuna, Smokin Gunns...dang, Owen was actually the most valuable tag wrestler that the WWF had at that point, alot of the teams were gimmicky. But yeah Tag wrestling used to be great, now its in the crapper.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
And the one thing almost every heel tag team had in common in that era, Jimmy Hart as manager. Although I think the Bushwhackers really shouldnt be near any list of things that were "good".

· Registered
2,999 Posts
Headshrinkers and Steiners i enjoy the most watching from 91-94.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
man watchin old ppv just shows how much i miss actual tag teams

the nastys, lod, bushwakers, natural disasters, beverley brothers, head shrinkers, high energy, money inc, steiners, quebeccers, orient express... and so on.

and just sad now there is no proper teams
I agree with all of this. Even if not all teams where high quality, at least they were all REAL tag teams.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,225 Posts
I forget, but didn't Jimmy Hart manage The Nasty Boys at one point in WWF???? I agree tag team wrestling used to be so much better.
Yes he did. He also managed them during their brief TNA run last year.

I'd love Vince to put some effort into the division again, not just because I'm a huge fan of tag-team wrestling but also because it would benefit the singles divisions as well. If wrestlers were to booked strongly as a team they'd be much better jobbers when needed. The Hart Dynasty for example could lose singels matches against main-eventers, such as Kidd's match against Mysterio before WM26 without losing momentum and provide great tune-up matches before the PPVs (Kidd's style is very similar to Punk's so it watching it was like watching a preview, had the face/heel allignments and brand positioning been right I would've had Sheamus face DH Smith)

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
Great point about using guys from tag teams as very suitable enhancement talent for main-eventers, peepoholic. There are so many reasons to have a strong tag team division, it's depressing that today's WWE doesn't believe in it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.