Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of the FIRST issue of WRESTLING REVUE that hit the newsstands back in 1959 drop me an email to:

[email protected]

I just upgraded and am looking to dispose of the double in my collection. The condition is conservatively 8.5/VF+. However, IMHO it is closer to a 9.0/NM-. All of the material in my collections is high grade!.

I can email more photos if you are interested. Below are a couple that I snapped today. Here's one way to learn what was going on back in the GOLDEN AGE OF WRESTLING! :dance

- Mike

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I find it hard to imagine that noone jumped on the chance to get WRESTLING REVUE #1!

Have we no historians? Have we no collectors?? Have we no lovers of cool stuff???

Have we noone who will help me remove a double from my collection????

I have a copy of BOXING ILLUSTRATED/WRESTLING NEWS, SEPT. 1961 that is slightly damaged. The worst is that it has pen markings on text right next to a photo of Buddy Rogers' face, a small tear on the back cover. Being totally anal when it comes to the condition of my collections I have it segregated from my collection and designated it as a reader's copy.

This is a tough issue to get and has a SUPER wrestling section including coverage on the title changes in the NWA and the West Coast over the spring of 1961 (Rogers vs O'Connor, Blassie vs. Carpentier). SEE PHOTOS BELOW

I WILL THROW THIS ISSUE OF BI/WN AS AN EXTRA FOR ANYONE WHO TAKES WRESTLING REVUE #1.

- Mike
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: CM Punk Is A God

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,012 Posts
Off topic I know, but they mentioned Buddy Rogers twice on Raw Monday night and I thought of you lol

Did you watch the rest of the Rick Martel shoot by the way? :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts