Wrestling Forum banner

17 year old hotels??

1995 Views 22 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  A Double
Hi everyone..

Does anybodyknow any hotels or hostels a 17 year old can stay in during mania weekend... i am 17 andtravveling on my own.. and i am not old enough to stay in a proper hotel..

Any help wouild be great..

thank
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I believe that the only way you can stay in a hotel is if you have your guardian call the hotel in advance when you book it. If you have a credit card of your own, they may not ask you your age if you book it there. You should call some hotels and see what they say.

· Is a Snit Head
34,367 Posts
Go to the shadiest part of town, find the shadiest hotel, enter and pay. Problem solved as long as you survive the night.

But I would have a parent make reservations for you and just go in with a debit card and give it to them. I would be surprised if they gave you a hard time about it.

· Premium Member
42,229 Posts
I work in a hotel and I don't believe they'd let you stay there by yourself. It all has to do with not being 18 and therefore not being (legally) an adult, and if anything were to happen that would involve legal action, it would reflect poorly on the Hotel for letting a minor rent a room without a guardian present.

Although I doubt it would work, you can try to have your parents call the hotel and see if it would be possible for arrangements to be made so that they could provide some sort of evidence that they are approving of your traveling by yourself. I highly highly doubt it could happen, but there probably is no harm in trying. If it were to happen, I'd imagine it would require your parents signing some sort of forms that could be faxed to them, but again, I can't see that happening.

Sorry to have to be a downer, but I'm trying to give you a different perspective. However, I hope some arrangements can be made for you so you can have a place to stay when you're there.

· Registered
6,303 Posts
I've stayed by myself under the age of 18 with my parents' help. Have them call the hotel in advance, explain the situation, and fax over a copy of your ID, their ID, their credit card information, and a letter stating that you have their permission to stay there and charge the room and any associated expenses to their card. There are plenty of hotels that will allow this if you provide them with all this information. Good luck.

· Registered
589 Posts
Come stay in our hotel room if you want depends what night your there obviously

· The Man
30,830 Posts
I'm surprised a 17 year old would be traveling alone.

Anyway you can't stay at a hotel without someone 18 or older, even with a parents note or whatever, sorry. Unless you meet up with someone else I don't think there's really anything you could do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.