Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
From parts unknown
23,267 Posts
As fucked up as this is, I couldn't help but think that this was even worse.

Imagine minding your own business walking somewhere and you get shot by a cop from the window of a random house you're just passing by. I get that they probably thought of the first thing that popped in their heads to cover up what they had done (inadvertedly, it seems), but the fact that this is what they thought of first makes me believe that they are capable of shooting someone who happens to be walking by a house they are raiding.

What the fuck is worng with this God-forsaken country!? Is their police force incapable of getting it together and figuring out how to deal with people without killing them?
Consider this. This is Chicago. Maybe they are sniping people through windows and they let this slip. JFC.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Consider this. This is Chicago. Maybe they are sniping people through windows and they let this slip. JFC.
I'm almost afraid to ask here. Since I don't know shit about how things are in the US, let alone in a particular city, what is the deal with Chicago that you are referring to?

·
From parts unknown
23,267 Posts
I'm almost afraid to ask here. Since I don't know shit about how things are in the US, let alone in a particular city, what is the deal with Chicago that you are referring to?
Some parts are very Poverty stricken, crime riddled with corrupt politicians, corrupt cops, gangs not helping. It's stuck in a vicious cycle and the way enforcement is being done isn't helping.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,335 Posts
You know if the cops are bored and need people to harass, we have no end of corrupt Politicians, drug lords, child traffickers and killers running around that seem to go unnoticed.

You think it would make sense to target people who, you know, like do crime? Real crime?

Nah, that's too much work.

·
Registered
904 Posts
They love storming people's houses, killing their dogs and traumatizing their children. They get off on the power trip. No sane or moral person would think what they were doing was remotely justifiable.
Here? No I don’t agree with it, if it happened the way I have read.

No knock warrants serve a good purpose and go off without a hitch 99.9% of the time. I def don’t like reading stories like this, and again, if it happened this way. If it happened this way, they should get WAY more than $50k and should lead to some serious investigations on how to get better intel on houses being hit.

I would not be in favor of doing away with no knock warrants. I don’t want cops to show up and announce they are there while “bad guys” start flushing heroin, pills, meth, etc..., start loading weapons, or taking hostages. Could lead to more dangerous situations.

I def get the argument here and would like to see more done to prevent things like this. I really don’t see how the guy accidentally shot him either. I don’t like how the article is written either...from what I have seen, most SWAT guys have a flashlight on their AR so I don’t see why he wouldn’t and the way the article is written it just seems off for a SWAT team member to have to use a flashlight in one hand and his rifle in another, I also don’t see the importance, other than painting SWAT/LEO in a worse light or creating more panic, in discussing the automatic part of his rifle.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sure give the family some money. At least enough to cover the kid's injury. But that officer should be charged (and convicted), fired, and fined. Maybe someone can set an example that it's not actually ok to just randomly shoot people because you have a badge.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Why not just cover the exits and knock? Unless he's John Wick he's not getting away.
Because:

A, he can easily have time to dump all the drugs in the toilet.

B, he can easily reach for his gun and either start firing at the officers, or they end up with a hostage situation.

If the warrent is regarding drugs or gun in the house. The officers would be stupid to knock first. The whole point is to secure evidence or secure the apartment, neither is being done if you knock and wait.

Look at it like this, if they think a person has a gun in the car. You really think they just walk up to the window and knock on the glas? Hell no, they stand back and ask the suspect to get out of the car.

No knock warrants, especially at houses with children should only be used against people like El Chapo, not somebody with a regular possession charge.
So you are gonna end up with a shoot out, with kids in the apartment, because you knock first and let the suspect make the first move?
Dumbest decision ive ever heard.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,787 Posts
Because:

A, he can easily have time to dump all the drugs in the toilet.

B, he can easily reach for his gun and either start firing at the officers, or they end up with a hostage situation.

If the warrent is regarding drugs or gun in the house. The officers would be stupid to knock first. The whole point is to secure evidence or secure the apartment, neither is being done if you knock and wait.

Look at it like this, if they think a person has a gun in the car. You really think they just walk up to the window and knock on the glas? Hell no, they stand back and ask the suspect to get out of the car.

So you are gonna end up with a shoot out, with kids in the apartment, because you knock first and let the suspect make the first move?
Dumbest decision ive ever heard
So you prefer Cops storming peoples houses, traumatising and shooting kids, shooting any family pets dead and trashing the house over minor shit like possession charges?

You still want to pretend what JeriGOAT said was the dumbest decision you've ever heard?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
SWAT team is a cool toy and when you've got a cool toy you have to play with it.
Basically. Money above everything.

These judges/police captains that sign off on such SWAT raids, must be totally fucktarded human beings. Every person with commmon sense would say: Wait with two cops at the front, two cops in the back, when he leaves the house, you tell him to lay on the lawn, handcuff him and take him in. The end.

No instead let´s storm a house with three minors in the middle of the night like you are chasing Osama Bin Laden.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
3,517 Posts
Reading that shit woah the swat are fcking ruthless cowards , I hope that young kid and his mam get millions of bucks off the government!

Peace .

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
So you prefer Cops storming peoples houses, traumatising and shooting kids, shooting any family pets dead and trashing the house over minor shit like possession charges?

You still want to pretend what JeriGOAT said was the dumbest decision you've ever heard?
Yeah cops should kick the door in if there are illegal drugs or firearms in a place. Of course the amount of drugs is key, but that is not up to the police doing the bust to the decide. Someone else above make the decision if a warrent is actually needed. You dont do a warrent with intel to find 1 gram of pot in the night.

In this case, it seems like the search was for drugs but that they also found a illegal gun in the house. So a good decision by the police to not knock on the door and let the suspect have a chance to get to the gun.

LOL at it being "minor shit", can land you up to 30 years in jail depening on the drug and amount.

Just because some warrents take a turn for the worse(we dont know the cops side of this story) or when pets are shot, mean they should stop doing it.
Stop doing illegal shit! Criminals should not be able to hide behind their kids.

Basically. Money above everything.

These judges/police captains that sign off on such SWAT raids, must be totally fucktarded human beings. Every person with commmon sense would say: Wait with two cops at the front, two cops in the back, when he leaves the house, you tell him to lay on the lawn, handcuff him and take him in. The end.

No instead let´s storm a house with three minors in the middle of the night like you are chasing Osama Bin Laden.
Depends on how fast a warrent needs to be done. Depends on the intel. Depends on the suspects criminal record. If youre looking for drugs in a house you want to get everyone under control at the same time. Anyone, even the kids, can flush it down the toilet. These kids were 12,13 and 18.
Your definition of "common sense" is bullshit.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Yeah cops should kick the door in if there are illegal drugs or firearms in a place. Of course the amount of drugs is key, but that is not up to the police doing the bust to the decide. Someone else above make the decision if a warrent is actually needed. You dont do a warrent with intel to find 1 gram of pot in the night.

In this case, it seems like the search was for drugs but that they also found a illegal gun in the house. So a good decision by the police to not knock on the door and let the suspect have a chance to get to the gun.

LOL at it being "minor shit", can land you up to 30 years in jail depening on the drug and amount.

Just because some warrents take a turn for the worse(we dont know the cops side of this story) or when pets are shot, mean they should stop doing it.
Stop doing illegal shit! Criminals should not be able to hide behind their kids.

Depends on how fast a warrent needs to be done. Depends on the intel. Depends on the suspects criminal record. If youre looking for drugs in a house you want to get everyone under control at the same time. Anyone, even the kids, can flush it down the toilet. These kids were 12,13 and 18.
Your definition of "common sense" is bullshit.
Yeah, I´m sure the guy was a criminal mastermind, who had sources inside the police department to sniff out a possible raid in advance. I mean all criminal masterminds keep their drugs and guns in their own house, so they can be conntected to them easily.

Possession charges are a nothing crime. The length of term had a lot more credibility, if the American prison system wasn´t privatized and their owners had a financial interest to keep their guests longer.

Another example of how broken the whole American political system is.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Yeah, I´m sure the guy was a criminal mastermind, who had sources inside the police department to sniff out a possible raid in advance. I mean all criminal masterminds keep their drugs and guns in their own house, so they can be conntected to them easily.

Possession charges are a nothing crime. The length of term had a lot more credibility, if the American prison system wasn´t privatized and their owners had a financial interest to keep their guests longer.

Another example of how broken the whole American political system is.
Well you are gonna spoil the raid if you start shouting when the man is on the lawn, and waiting until the suspect is under control. That is a LOT of time for someone to dump the drugs.

Depends on the possession. The amount and what kind. If they are only expecting to find a own usage amount then a no knock warrent at night isnt the way to go. If they think they will find and amount that looks like someone is selling, then yes its good.
Possession with the intent of selling is a major crime in my book. They are lowlifes who spread this to all ages. They absolutly deserve a no knock at night. Especially when you have a illegal gun in your property.

Now, we dont know what intel the cops had going in. But I doubt it was possession for own use.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts