Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Arena_Reports_10/article_74464.shtml#.Un7UbZGQelI

1) Diego of Los Matadores beat Jack Swagger after a switcheroo with Fernando. Zeb Colter cut a heel promo and there was lots of the usual comedy with El Torito.

(2) Dean Ambrose retained the U.S. Title over Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston in a triple threat match. Great match with major support for the faces.

(3) Natalya beat Aksana via submission with the Sharpshooter.

(4) Kofi Kingston beat The Miz. Both started as faces, but Miz turned during the match and took a lot of heat.

(5) WWE tag champions Goldust & Cody Rhodes retained the WWE Tag Titles over The Shield. A lot of love for Goldie!

[Interval]

Santino beat Fandango in a dance-off. Damien Sandow came down, beat him up, then started his match against Zack Ryder.

(6) Damien Sandow beat Zack Ryder after a thumb in the eye.

(7) WWE champion Randy Orton beat Big Show to retain the WWE Title after Kane appeared on the ramp for the distraction. First of all, Daniel Bryan was scheduled to be in the match and when it became apparent he wasn't here the crowd were pissed. Loud booing, lots of "Daniel Bryan" chants, etc. About two minutes in, Orton grabbed the mic and said Bryan wasn't here to even more boos. I felt pretty bad for Show as it was clear people were upset he was in the match ahead of Bryan.

Overall, the match was fairly short and the crowd vented their anger afterward with more boos and "Daniel Bryan" chants. Show got on the mic at the end and acknowledged we all wanted Bryan, but it did little to appease the crowd.
WWE really sucks at advertising and like doing bait & switch a lot

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Re: 11/9 Birmingham, England - Audience Mad They Didn't Get Bryan + Orton vs Big Sho

WWE are pigs, what kind of a show is that to put on in a foreign land that only gets to see you once a year ; _ ;

·
Banned
5,216 Posts
Re: 11/9 Birmingham, England - Audience Mad They Didn't Get Bryan + Orton vs Big Sho

yep, bring on the hate fans, show them what they want...Now they shouldn't blame Bryan because they know that he is loved everywhere he goes..time to blame the other wrestlers on the card or perhaps management themselves but they think they're above everyone.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

yep, bring on the hate fans, show them what they want...Now they shouldn't blame Bryan because they know that he is loved everywhere he goes..time to blame the other wrestlers on the card or perhaps management themselves but they think they're above everyone.
:lol

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,110 Posts

Damn. I remember when Austin walked out of a show that he was SCHEDULED to be on and Vince was so pissed that he went out live on Raw and buried the fuck out of Austin for not being there. Which is fine. What Austin did was shitty.

Fast forward to now and it's the WWE pulling the ol' bait and switch? Really? Wow. DAT Hypocrisy.

I remember when this company used to give a fuck.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

Yep. Too bad, they will just ignore it..Its a taped Raw this week, so imagine the piped in Smackdown cheers for Big Slow. The fact that they would think fans would want to see the Big Show is beyond me..Vince and Kevin Dunn have no idea what they're doing.. This company is seriously a mess.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

Did someone say swerve? :russo

·
Registered
12,426 Posts

Damn. I remember when Austin walked out of a show that he was SCHEDULED to be on and Vince was so pissed that he went out live on Raw and buried the fuck out of Austin for not being there. Which is fine. What Austin did was shitty.

Fast forward to now and it's the WWE pulling the ol' bait and switch? Really? Wow. DAT Hypocrisy.

I remember when this company used to give a fuck.
Well, its not surprising. Look at NoC. The next night, they TOTALLY bait and switched. Did you fans love that finish that you paid $55 to see? Guess what? NEVER HAPPENED! YOUR PURCHASE IS INVALID! GIVE US MORE MONEY NEXT MONTH!

Then at Battleground, THERE HAS TO BE A FINISH! But guess what? NO FINISH! SURPRISE! :russo

Though I'd have lol'd hard if at HIAC, they again gave us no finish. Or better yet, just have Cena run out and get the pin. Hey, this company is fucked. At least they can be over the top fucked.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts

Man I'm glad I'm going to the taping and not a house show, though to be fair I was pretty happy getting Hell No, Punk, ziggler and AJ at a house show last year.

·
55,110 Posts

Well, its not surprising. Look at NoC. The next night, they TOTALLY bait and switched. Did you fans love that finish that you paid $55 to see? Guess what? NEVER HAPPENED! YOUR PURCHASE IS INVALID! GIVE US MORE MONEY NEXT MONTH!

Then at Battleground, THERE HAS TO BE A FINISH! But guess what? NO FINISH! SURPRISE! :russo
Not surprised at all. But there's a difference between a finish to a match and a guy who is advertised to be on the show, and WWE holds him off the show. Vince made a huge stink about it when Austin no-showed, and also when Warrior did it. As he should. You don't want to alienate your fans by not having who is advertised on the show not there. But now WWE are the ones holding off advertised talent on the shows. Vince is losing it.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts

Yep, ppv buzz has been bad do the WCW-screwjob finishes and now bad buzz for house shows. This is not a good product right now. That much is clear.

·
Banned
5,216 Posts

i dont know how this happened...The WWE just doesn't give a shit anymore, i thought it was Vince's life, but he's treating it like he just wants to lose money for some reason.

·
Registered
979 Posts

I was there and firstly Sandow won from that full Nelson slam he does, not just an eye poke.

Now with the bryan thing, for the last 3 months Bryan has been advertised as facing Orton on this show. Then this week on the live tour app he was switched to the other shows to team with punk against the wyatts. The wwe website however still has bryan listed for the show along with AJ who was also switched last minute.

We want bryan could be heard VERY loudly and it didnt help that orton took 4 minutes on his entrance and then spent the first few minutes of the match rolling out the ring. When orton got the mic he did sound legit pissed off and told the crowd to sit down, shut up and let them entertain us.
I did feel bad for both of them as the crowd werent as into the match as they had been into the others. I have to say though that the boos were not heard through the entire match. Show worked in a bit of comedy and crowd interaction and during those times people did calm down a bit.

Post match big show said he appreciated the cheers he got and he knew bryan would have appreciated the support. Honestly, the match wasnt bad and because I already knew bryan wasnt there I wasnt as annoyed as some. The rest of the night was actually really good despite not looking great on paper.

In short, it sucked that bryan was switched but I did feel bad for show and orton who were both doing all they could.

Reactions: checkcola

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

(5) WWE tag champions Goldust & Cody Rhodes retained the WWE Tag Titles over The Shield. A lot of love for Goldie!
Fuck, this is worrying me. Rhodes doesn't get very much love during Raw's, usually. Dunno about live shows like this one. He does, however, during PPV's.

·
55,110 Posts

Fuck, this is worrying me. Rhodes doesn't get very much love during Raw's, usually. Dunno about live shows like this one. He does, however, during PPV's.
It would have been nice if they added Cody into the Authority storyline when Bryan was still in it. It looked like they were going to do that eventually, but who knows with these idiots.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

I honestly hope Bryan continues to be left out of top angles. Thus we will get a ticking time bomb stirring within the fanbase and the eventual huge explosion of Daniel Bryan support will be glorious. Almost like with the 18 second bullshit.

·
Registered
979 Posts

The only time cody got loud reactions was when the crowd were trying to fire up goldust for the hot tag. Most other times he was getting lesser reactions compared to the others in the ring. People were reasonably supportive for him though, its just that the others unfortunately overshadowed him.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts