Wrestling Forum banner
501 - 520 of 547 Posts

·
15,116 Posts
That opening promo segment was an absolute joy to sit through. Yeah there was alot of low hanging fruit but If you deliver it with Fire and venom it ain't so bad. They also bought up wrestling forum criticisms as well. Just fantastic 5 points

CM Punk going 15 minutes with QT Marshall I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Bear country jobbing to the 3 stooges pissed me off so much. This got 4 minutes but QT gets 15? It's almost like QT is friends with someone....I do award 1 point for Darby obliterating Austin. I laughed so hard

Loved the Rosa hayter match 1 point

Bryan stomping the ever loving piss out of colt cabana 1 point

0 points for the main event. An absolutely heatless feud minus the fuck off Cody heat.

8 out of 10. Some great stuff but also some inexcusable stuff

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,441 Posts
Company is on an absolute roll.

What a show and what a segment to kick it off. As we know, Punk hasn't lost a step at all. I'd have called you crazy if you told me Chicago would bust out a Miz chant during a Punk/MJF segment.

Surprised to see Dante sign that contract and actually really interested to see where it goes from here.

Rosa vs Hayter was a really really good match. Didn't really care who won as was happy with either of them winning. Really wish they'd let Hayter talk more, she's great on the microphone.

Danielson is on top of his game. Superb match with Cabana, he kicked his fucking tooth out and another solid promo from him too.

Lol at Codys belt being thrown back too. Just shows how much the crowd want Cody to have the belt, huh @bdon ;)

·
Registered
16,184 Posts
They're definitely a super solid undercard tag team, they just kinda need some distinction. I know who Daniel is, but I watch every Dynamite and Rampage and have no idea what the names of the 2.0 members names are.
their names are…. Wait for it….. Matt and Jeff

for reals

(Matt is the block head)

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Cole probably does have 10-20 pounds on Trashitty though. Both are tiny, but Cole at least makes up for it with every other category.
By being skinny fat.

The original discussion took place, because Cornette said Cole “looked like an athlete”. People were trashing Darby and Jungle Boy’s look for being too small.

Now we have proof that Cole is as big as Orange Cassidy. Move over LeBron James, we have an “athlete” on the roster according to Wood, Cornette and many others.

“Athlete” my ass.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Was an ok show - wasn’t really feeling it

highlight was Dragon v Colt

overall 6/10 for me

20min promos should be used sparingly - this one was ok / hopefully we have less of those and not more
Exactly. Don’t overdo it like they tend to overdo everything that works.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Admit it. You were there and kept that belt so noone else could have the highly sought-after piece of merchandise.
If it had been me, I’d have went to the ring to try and beat some sense into him with it.

On a serious note, is the Battle of the Belts show going to be a 2 hour episode? If so, I’m driving down for that and making sure to pay an arm and a leg for front fucking row. Lol

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
This episode showcased AEW at it‘s best and worst.

MJF & Punk segment - This is exactly why AEW shouldn’t be all about Wrestling. Promo time is just as important as matches, it helps wrestlers get over and allows them to showcase character and personality. Unsurprisingly giving MJF & Punk this much time on the mic, made their segment the highlight of the night.

Rosa vs Hayter were given enough time to produce a solid match. Hayter turning on Britt is much needed, AEW fans really need to see the Jamie Hayter that was so good on the UK independents.

Bryan Danielson just continues to be magnificent.

Now for the bad, AEW did so much good last night; however they always let their episodes down with a sprinkle of bad. QT Marshall & Gunn Club getting match time, unnecessary.

Instead of Punk wrestling an absolute goof, considering he’s now feuding with MJF, why not put him in a match with Spears? At least that would be logical.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Great show.

BUT....no more 20 minute soap opera contrived WWE garbage as an opener please. There is a difference between a wrestling promo and a melodrama. Hopefully AEW stop doing this.

Apart from that all good matches, all good stuff. Cody is a fucking genius.

·
Registered
249 Posts
MJF/Punk was a top tier wrestling promo. Loved every second. They knocked it out the park.

Wasn’t looking forward to the QT match but actually didn’t mind it. Was a solid wrestling match, where Punk was mostly in control and won without too much trouble.

Bryan/Cabana/Page segment was great. Again, a quick and to the point match — and the after match stuff was tremendous. Both guys looked and felt like stars and the crowd responded to them as such.

The ending of the women’s match was a little off/convoluted. Too much going and they were too close to the ref so it was like “how didn’t he see that?” But the right girl won.

Cody needs to turn heel. It’s been said, but these reactions are going to get stronger and more audible.

501 - 520 of 547 Posts