Wrestling Forum banner
481 - 500 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
First 20 minutes makes this Dynamite a must see show. MJF burying Punk by calling him PG, and comparing him to Cena was 100% spot on. I definitely think MJF got the best of him, but Punk is also at a big disadvantage because MJF has had such a short career that there's not much you can make fun of him about. Whereas Punk there's so much more material.

Still great segment. Feels like if you put a mic worker in the ring that can hang with Punk (like Kingston or MJF) you'll get gold everytime

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
I feel like they built up Black perfect as a monster with a ton of momentum, and the moment Cody beat him and now he's in this tag/4 man stuff he's lost. Really bad booking to build a guy up like that only to cool him off in feuds that go nowhere
Very Vince-ish

Reactions: MEMS

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
7,357 Posts
Only watched the MJF/Punk promo because the rest of the show didn't appeal to me, might check out Hayter vs Rosa for Hayter's big ass and Bryan murdering Colt.

MJF/Punk is what AEW needs to do more often, that is how you'll get your young guys over in the long run. Let them get more mic time and try to get their characters over. That is pro wrestling done right. If they actually leaned away from the spotfest wrestling and indie fed bullcrap AEW would be consistently better.

Guy like Dante Martin, Daniel Garcia and Jungle Boy are going to benefit more by actually giving them promo time and letting them improve on the mic. It'd be so much better than them being Generic CAWs #270 through to #272 who just wanna wrestle good matches.

More of that kind of stuff AEW, you've been moving in the right direction the past couple of weeks, more segments and less wrestling.

·
Death Rides a Horse
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Wherever you are my friend, @The Wood, I hope you can finally admit I was right:

Reactions: LifeInCattleClass

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
What I’m trying to say here is, Adam Cole is as large as Orange Cassidy.

Reactions: LifeInCattleClass

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Bryan cutting a promo with Colt's kicked out teeth was badass as hell. Best part of the show to me

Pretty crazy if it was a shoot or unplanned, he literally kicked his teeth out with those stomps and got himself even more over as a badass (plus an asshole for doing that to his old friend).

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
Bryan cutting a promo with Colt's kicked out teeth was badass as hell. Best part of the show to me

Pretty crazy if it was a shoot or unplanned, he literally kicked his teeth out with those stomps and got himself even more over as a badass (plus an asshole for doing that to his old friend).
And proceeded to run away like a coward, which is stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Thought that was a really good show overall. Punk and MJF was great. Enjoyed heel Danielson a lot and the return of "FICKLE!". However...Malakai Black feels completely aimless right now being stuck in the Codyverse. Can't believe this feud is still going. I'm starting to turn into bdon regarding Cody. Also Dax Harwood messing with that kid made me laugh.

481 - 500 of 547 Posts