Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Are Punk and Cabana still friends? I heard that Punk sued Cobana or the other way around over the rant podcast....

The only reason I bring it up, is would Punk step in if Bryan is stomping Cobana's brains into mush???

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
17,430 Posts
I think Thunder Rosa is going to take it. She's probably the most credible of those remaining in the tournament, and her winning would immediately make the title feel like a major deal. It feels too soon to put a belt on Ruby at this point. Kris Statlander has improved a lot, but I just don't see her being quite ready yet. I also agree with others who feel AEW isn't going to have two heels holding both women's titles at the same time, at least initially.
Eh, I have a good feeling that Thunder Rosa will be the one to beat Britt Baker for the AEW Women's World title; so I bet she'll lose in the tournament soon :p

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
17,512 Posts
La Mera Mera bout to beat that ass!!! @Big Booty Bex Hayter is dope though and would love to see her pushed when she breaks away from Britt.

Should be a great match. I can see Rosa winning this and losing to Jade Cargill via fuckery in the finals. No way should Jade be going over Rosa clean though.

The 8 man tag looks great but could also end up just being a clusterfuck. I'm fine with Punk vs QT as long as its under 3 minutes and leads to a MJF/Punk confrontation.

Bryan vs Cabana should be another good one.

I can't watch this one live but looking forward to catching it on Friday after TG.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Unless some other matches are added that include titles, I think Rosa/Hayter should main event. It is the one match with the most stakes, being it is a tournament match for the TBS Championship. Danielson seems to have the first match of the show tied down. I would have the eight man tag happen at the start of the 6pm/9pm hour. With Punk/QT right after.

·
Registered
16,479 Posts
Unless some other matches are added that include titles, I think Rosa/Hayter should main event. It is the one match with the most stakes, being it is a tournament match for the TBS Championship. Danielson seems to have the first match of the show tied down. I would have the eight man tag happen at the start of the 6pm/9pm hour. With Punk/QT right after.
Agreed, match-wise nothing seems more important that Thunder / Hayter at the moment

something can change - but no way is Danielson v Colt or Punk v QT a main event

keeping in mind, Rampage is most likely where the actual main event of the night will happen cause its taped same night I think

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
It's Thanksgiving so with ratings down anyway, maybe TK will give the women a main event... if he has faith in them to send the fans home happy. The potential is there with Thunder Rosa being great and Hayter having gained experience in Japan, but not really having a great opponent to prove herself against yet.

Punk beating anyone in Chicago would send local fans home happy too.

Opening match always has some time so I could see it being Danielson vs. Cabana. He won't squash Colt, there's too much history and respect there. These two went 60 minutes in ROH once and had several 20-30 minute matches. I'm also curious to see what level of match Colt has in him still.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I have enjoyed Punks run (i would give it 7/10) and I thought it was on the upswing, but I am not sure about QT. it best be a squash, or outside interference and punk beats two guys.

serious question - Is it better him wrestling jobbers each week or only wrestling a competitive match once every ppv or both?

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
I think Punk vs. QT is just one of AEW's angle matches or 'jobber matches' as some call them that directly lead to furthering a storyline.

I'd prefer they had sent Janela with his Chyna-esque colleague out to face Punk, those two could have had good chemistry now that Joey is heel again.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Greetings friends, we have another action packed episode of Dynamite this week. This week we'll be treated to a match not seen since the likes of Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield. This match up is of course nun other than Big Booty Bex Jamie Hayter vs. Thunder @Prosper Rosa.

Now I expect a nice easy clean win for Hayter, that is unless Rosa decides to cheat as she does with all her matches. Let's hope there will be no shenanigans from Prosper, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

View attachment 112108

Can CM Punk overcome the insurmountable force that is QT Marshall? Or will QT be too much for Punk?

Will AEW allow Bryan Danielson to commit murder on national television?

View attachment 112119

Will fans continue to boo The Star Spangled Man Codi despite ending racism in America? Find out all the answers to these questions this Wednesday on Dynamite!
What Thunder Rosa matches have you been watching?

Thunder Rosa don't cheat unlike the AEW Champion, Britt Baker.

21 - 40 of 547 Posts