Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
QT has been jobbed out so much on Dark lately that I'm surprised they put him in this spot. He represented MJF before Full Gear against Darby on Dark to try and weaken him, so it might be the same thing again.

MaseMan said:
I wonder if we eventually see the rest of the Pinnacle drawn into this, to "force" Punk to find some allies for the first time since joining AEW.
Dem boyz.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
It's Thanksgiving so with ratings down anyway, maybe TK will give the women a main event... if he has faith in them to send the fans home happy. The potential is there with Thunder Rosa being great and Hayter having gained experience in Japan, but not really having a great opponent to prove herself against yet.

Punk beating anyone in Chicago would send local fans home happy too.

Opening match always has some time so I could see it being Danielson vs. Cabana. He won't squash Colt, there's too much history and respect there. These two went 60 minutes in ROH once and had several 20-30 minute matches. I'm also curious to see what level of match Colt has in him still.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
I think Punk vs. QT is just one of AEW's angle matches or 'jobber matches' as some call them that directly lead to furthering a storyline.

I'd prefer they had sent Janela with his Chyna-esque colleague out to face Punk, those two could have had good chemistry now that Joey is heel again.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Still only four matches announced. It may have been a commentary blunder, but I think Excalibur said Lee Moriarty could be on Dynamite tonight after his big win on Dark.

Riho movin' on up. With many of the top women's stars in the TBS tournament, why not Riho vs. Britt?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts