Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
21,441 Posts
I've really liked the TBS tournament, to be honest.

Hayter vs. Thunder Rosa should be a good match too. I'm still not entirely sure who will end up winning the tournament so I'm not going to be too quick on deciding who I think actually wins the match. They could quite easily have Baker cost Thunder Rosa the match to not only push that feud going forward but to also allow Hayter to get a decent win under her belt and push her towards having gold of her own.

Bryan Danielson is on the roll of his life so I am expecting him to quite literally murder Colt Cabana in Chicago.

·
21,441 Posts
Company is on an absolute roll.

What a show and what a segment to kick it off. As we know, Punk hasn't lost a step at all. I'd have called you crazy if you told me Chicago would bust out a Miz chant during a Punk/MJF segment.

Surprised to see Dante sign that contract and actually really interested to see where it goes from here.

Rosa vs Hayter was a really really good match. Didn't really care who won as was happy with either of them winning. Really wish they'd let Hayter talk more, she's great on the microphone.

Danielson is on top of his game. Superb match with Cabana, he kicked his fucking tooth out and another solid promo from him too.

Lol at Codys belt being thrown back too. Just shows how much the crowd want Cody to have the belt, huh @bdon ;)

·
21,441 Posts
I know the point. Doesn't mean I have to enjoy the vehicle driving the point home. Just like I know lettuce is good for me and full of antioxidants but I still avoid the salad at restaurants.

QT Marshall is lettuce. He is the human equivalent of standing in line to get your licence renewed.
Just making sure ;)

·
21,441 Posts
One thing I would've done was switch the Punk/QT (11:08) and Danielson/Colt (5:09) match times. We'd just had 20 minutes of Punk talking and the match itself was kind've plodding due to QT. On the other hand, Danielson and Colt have a rich history that was referenced and they were killing it, but the match was so short. It showed the vicious side of AmDrag but also that Colt can still go if he wants to.
Punk/QT match time played into the story, to be fair.

·
21,441 Posts
I don’t care how you justify it. It’s shite.

“Oh MJF talked about how he’s struggling…”

And? Does that somehow mean I need to enjoy it? Does that somehow make CM fucking Punk being taken to his limit by QT fucking Marshall make any sense? What next? A 20 minute match against Sonny Kiss where I then need to hear “derp de derp that’s the story”

Cool. It’s lame. It sucks. It makes Punk look like a bitch. It strips his aura. At least have him struggle against someone vaguely decent from the midcard (like Spears) not QT fucking Marshall. Struggling against one of the lowest of low on the roster doesn’t make it good storytelling.
So you'd sum up AEW by saying it actively tells you stories that make sense.

Got it. I thought that's what you were saying.

Glad you managed to enjoy something out of the show though. Thumbs up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts