Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Source: PWinsider

Alberto Del Rio opened the show with a promo, slamming the Legends and talking about beating Sergeant Slaughter Monday night. MVP came out to take up for the legends. Del Rio told MVP that the reason he likes the legends is that he'll never be one, while Del Rio already is one.. MVP challenged Del Rio to a match, but Del Rio said no, because MVP "couldn't handle him". Del Rio said that since MVP wants a fight, he can fight one of Del Rio's teammates on Sunday, Drew McIntyre. MVP beat McIntyre after hitting the Drive-By.

Edge had a backstage bit taunting Paul Bearer, who was still tied up and in the wheelchair. I couldn't hear what he was saying, though, because the audio isn't very good at the arena. After commercial, Kane tore up Teddy Long's office screaming "where is he?" I guess he thought that Teddy knew where Edge was keeping Paul Bearer.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters with the anklelock in a short match. This was followed by another Edge-Paul Bearer vignette.

Kaval was in the ring, and Dolph Ziggler came out cutting a promo on him about all his "internet fans" think he's "special", but Dolph's going to show them that he's not.

Kaval beat Dolph Ziggler in the match that followed, and then reminded Dolph that he was the season 2 NXT champion, and the champion got a championship match at a PPV of his choosing. He then announced he was going to face Dolph for the Intercontinental title at Survivor Series.

Cody Rhodes beat Kofi Kingston with the Cross Rhodes in what I thought was a pretty good match. This was followed by another Kane backstage bit trying to find Edge and Paul Bearer.

LayCool beat Kelly Kelly and Natalya after Layla pinned Natalya, followed by a backstage bit where Edge used Paul Bearer as bait to attack Kane and then drove off with Paul Bearer.

Big Show beat Tyler Reks with a chokeslam in pretty much a squash match.

Rey Mysterio beat Alberto Del Rio by DQ when the rest of Team Del Rio ran in to attack Rey. The rest of Team Mysterio made the save, then Teddy Long came out to announce a "Survivor Series Preview Battle Royal", since all 10 men in the match were already in the ring.

Eliminations in the battle royal:
Chris Masters eliminated Cody Rhodes
Tyler Reks eliminated Masters
Kofi eliminated Reks
Drew McInyre eliminated Kofi
Del Rio eliminated MVP
Big Show eliminated Drew
Rey eliminated Del Rio
Big Show (with an assist by Rey) eliminated Jack Swagger to win the match, then the two of them celebrated to go off the air

The dark match was Kane defending the title against Big Show, which Big Show won by DQ after just a couple of minutes when Kane hit him with the belt.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
Re: [11/16] Smackdown Spoilers

LOL at Ziggler jobbing to Kaval. Looks like whatever small credibility he built up during his IC title reign is gone again. Ziggler will go over at the PPV, though, anyway.

Thank God for Team Mysterio beating Team Del Rio there. Hopefully that signals ADR's team is going over at Survivor Series, like they should.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts

Kaval was in the ring, and Dolph Ziggler came out cutting a promo on him about all his "internet fans" think he's "special", but Dolph's going to show them that he's not. Kaval beat Dolph Ziggler in the match that followed, and then reminded Dolph that he was the season 2 NXT champion, and the champion got a championship match at a PPV of his choosing. He then announced he was going to face Dolph for the Intercontinental title at Survivor Series.
WHAT?!

WHAT IS THIS SHIT! :cuss: fpalm

Kavals losing streak ends on Dolph "The Legend" ZIGGLER OF ALL PEOPLE?!

Kaval could challenge any title and he picks a non world title?!?!?!

Thats like 76 different sorts of fucked up man!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts

Please let Kaval win and then we can have Daniel Bryan vs. Kaval matches.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9,500 Posts

I'm struggling to understand the point of Kaval's losing streak if he's just going to win the title like that.

MVP's push seems fairly cool.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

WHAT?!

delete

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts

Glad Kaval has finally won a match.

Lol @ Tyler Reks losing in a squash match. What was the point in bringing him back?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts

Edge had Paul Bearer tied up for a week? He must stink.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts

Sounds like a decent show. I'm kinda surprised WWE didn't forget about Kaval's championship match opportunity, lol, but the fact that he didn't choose to cash in his championship match opportunity at the world title seemed kinda dumb imo, but on the other hand it makes IC Title looks important again so i can't really complain. But anyway, Kaval/Ziggler feud should be good, definitely looking forward to see their matches. I have a mixed feeling about Drew jobbing to MVP clean but it seems my feeling from last week that WWE are trying to rebuild MVP again is right, it seems WWE start to realize that he's way too over not to get a push. I won't hold my breath though. Cody/Kingston match looks interesting, i hope it's a sign that they're gonna have feud with each other.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

KAVAL WINS!!!!

Looks awesome this week. Can't wait for ADR/MVP, and I think Natalya getting pinned by Layla is a sign that she might win at the PPV *fingers crossed!*

·
Banned
10,897 Posts

LOL at Ziggler jobbing to Kaval. Looks like whatever small credibility he built up during his IC title reign is gone again. Ziggler will go over at the PPV, though, anyway.

Thank God for Team Mysterio beating Team Del Rio there. Hopefully that signals ADR's team is going over at Survivor Series, like they should.
Do you ever tire of being wrong when predicting PPV match outcomes?

Mysterio's team will win. The midget always wins his feuds, and this is the blowoff IMO.

WHAT?!

Deal with it princess.

IC title may be more significant to him, and think kayfabe-wise, why would little old Kaval cash in on Kane? Then again, you + thinking fails to comprehend itself.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts

From what I heard from a live report Kaval vs. Ziggler may have been better than decent. I guess this is a must see WWE show, and that almost never happens.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

Kaval/Ziggler & Cody/Kofi should be good

at Survivor Series...

- if Kaval wins, Zigggler gets beat by a rookie who already beat him once and broke a losing streak.
- if Ziggler wins, Kaval wasted a title shot.

:no: they could'nt even hype Kaval challenging for a title

·
Student of the game? I am the f***in' Game!!
8,351 Posts

^WWE just loves to book themselves into a hole huh?

Ziggler should go over at survivor series. Its all over for Kaval.

·
Registered
942 Posts

For everyone saying Kaval is dumb to use his title shot on the IC Title instead of the World Title:

Anyone expecting him to do otherwise from jump street was "stupid".

1 - 20 of 133 Posts