Wrestling Forum banner

721 - 740 of 764 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
12,018 Posts
Thoughts on Dynamite

The Young Bucks vs. Top Flight- I don't welcome bland, no personality, no charisma dorks to the company. AEW and the entire wrestling world is flooded altogether with boring human beings putting on a gymnastics routine. As much as the spots and moves were neat to watch, there was nothing to this match. No psychology, nothing but setting up one move after the next with no connections, no flow, and terrible selling. It saddens me that people rate the Young Fucks as high as they do.Rating: 5/10
Many real passionate wrestling fans rate the Young BUCKS highly because they’re a great tag team who are excellent in the ring, and who are charismatic too (otherwise crowds wouldn’t react to them at all).

Plus, they’ve consistently delivered some of the best tag team matches on AEW, (and I’m sure that they were killing it on NJPW with good matches too years ago). That opener last night was a solid banger, and just another example of how good the Young Bucks are in the ring.

It’s going to be really cool seeing the Young Bucks side with Kenny Omega eventually once the trio officially turns heel.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Many real passionate wrestling fans rate the Young BUCKS highly because they’re a great tag team who are excellent in the ring, and who are charismatic too (otherwise crowds wouldn’t react to them at all).

Plus, they’ve consistently delivered some of the best tag team matches on AEW, (and I’m sure that they were killing it on NJPW with good matches too years ago). That opener last night was a solid banger, and just another example of how good the Young Bucks are in the ring.

It’s going to be really cool seeing the Young Bucks side with Kenny Omega eventually once the trio officially turns heel.
If that match was so great why wasn't there any psychology? And barely any selling? As I said the moves didn't flow to the next it was just them setting up one move after the next. It felt like nothing more than a gymnastics routine. Theres a huge difference between them and the way guys they likely idolized like RVD, Hardys etc that timed their spots well. and made a match work like magic. FTR doesn't need to do anything fancy to show that they know how to work and deliver a meaningful match.

And like I've mentioned to you before, people cheer for acts that either have great workrate, a good gimmick or whatever it is. Why does great crowd reactions always equal charisma? How do the Bucks carry themselves in a charismatic fashion at all in the way that they move, talk, etc? I don't see it. I'm sure Dean Malenko got great reactions during his time in WCW. Nowadays we're filled with people (especially midcarders) that barely have charisma so we have to find some reason to cheer for them.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
A great ep
The one thing I really didn't like was Jericho appearing at commentary for 1 minute to promote his match next week then disappearing - should've left it with everyone thinking he was still in Vegas (2 very enjoyable segments)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kenny MUST win the title match, whether he wins clean or if he cheats to win is irrelevant. Anything else would damage Kenny’s momentum and Mox has held the belt long enough and he can go off and tie up loose ends in NJPW. It’s time for AEW to let
the best bout machine deliver the best bouts.

As others have mentioned above, an intelligent heel finish would be a great way for Kenny to announce himself as a full heel (as they missed the boat at all out). I would have Kenny play on the fact that Mox always leaves the ring and that he wants the match to stay in the ring, then when the match happens, Kenny leaves the ring forcing Mox to follow and Kenny hits him with a weapon (e.g. Brass knuckles etc) that he planted before match and rolls Mox in ring and finishes him with OWA.

That way Kenny has misdirected Mox, then outsmarted him and also beat him at his own hardcore game and protects Mox for the PPV rematch.

They could then do the rubber match in a cage as it suits both men as it stops them from leaving the ring (Advantage Kenny) but allows them to use cage as weapon (Advantage Mox).

That’s where I’d have Kenny go over clean and cement himself as the best wrestler in AEW and hand Mox his first clean loss.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Kenny MUST win the title match, whether he wins clean or if he cheats to win is irrelevant. Anything else would damage Kenny’s momentum and Mox has held the belt long enough and he can go off and tie up loose ends in NJPW. It’s time for AEW to let
the best bout machine deliver the best bouts.

As others have mentioned above, an intelligent heel finish would be a great way for Kenny to announce himself as a full heel (as they missed the boat at all out). I would have Kenny play on the fact that Mox always leaves the ring and that he wants the match to stay in the ring, then when the match happens, Kenny leaves the ring forcing Mox to follow and Kenny hits him with a weapon (e.g. Brass knuckles etc) that he planted before match and rolls Mox in ring and finishes him with OWA.

That way Kenny has misdirected Mox, then outsmarted him and also beat him at his own hardcore game and protects Mox for the PPV rematch.

They could then do the rubber match in a cage as it suits both men as it stops them from leaving the ring (Advantage Kenny) but allows them to use cage as weapon (Advantage Mox).

That’s where I’d have Kenny go over clean and cement himself as the best wrestler in AEW and hand Mox his first clean loss.
I’d mark out at that match. Straight up piss on the fans who were wanting to see the actual “match”, make them pay if they want to see a MOTY candidate.

“You foooools! I don’t want your stupid star ratings!! I only want your moneyyyyyy...”

·
Registered
331 Posts
I’d mark out at that match. Straight up piss on the fans who were wanting to see the actual “match”, make them pay if they want to see a MOTY candidate.

“You foooools! I don’t want your stupid star ratings!! I only want your moneyyyyyy...”
Just imagine the visual of Mox coming around in an empty ring, after the match has finished and Kenny has already celebrated, with a ‘what the fuck just happened’ look on his face, then he realises and cracks a wry smile as if to say ‘fair play, he just pulled my pants down and fucked me at my own game ’

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Just imagine the visual of Mox coming around in an empty ring, after the match has finished and Kenny has already celebrated, with a ‘what the fuck just happened’ look on his face, then he realises and cracks a wry smile as if to say ‘fair play, he just pulled my pants down and fucked me at my own game ’
Oh yeah. It would be killer and a callback to the Lights Out match when Kenny kicked out of the chain Moxley introduced the chain. Omega no sold it, kicking out at one, and Moxley looking at the camera with the exact facial expression you’re describing.

Perfect way to have the “match” and not feel like they’re giving anything “special” away for free.Creates a reason for the fans to want to buy the PPV to see the dastardly heel get his comeuppance with the tough as nails babyface kicking Omega’s ass.

And when Omega also goes over clean on PPV, you have a monster heel in the prime of his career.

Reactions: Hitman1987

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yeah. It would be killer and a callback to the Lights Out match when Kenny kicked out of the chain Moxley introduced the chain. Omega no sold it, kicking out at one, and Moxley looking at the camera with the exact facial expression you’re describing.

Perfect way to have the “match” and not feel like they’re giving anything “special” away for free.Creates a reason for the fans to want to buy the PPV to see the dastardly heel get his comeuppance with the tough as nails babyface kicking Omega’s ass.

And when Omega also goes over clean on PPV, you have a monster heel in the prime of his career.
Exactly, then when Omega actually wins clean against the biggest face in the company it will look like all hope is lost, then have Kenny go on a streak where he beats almost everybody, via a mixture of out wrestling them in amazing bouts which fans will love or simply cheating to win to prevent the fans getting the best bouts and getting nuclear heat, this will make him seem invincible and will add to the ‘all hope is lost’.

Then a new hope arrives in the form of a whisky drinking, horse riding cowboy who is a fan favourite and has a history with Kenny which he uses against Kenny to dethrone him and a ‘Star is born’.

·
Banned
1,691 Posts
I personally want to see a double knock out. Archer destroys both. Leading to a 3 way. Come revolution they do the match with Archer and omega destroying Mox but taking it subtly easy on each other. In the end Omega wins and when it looks like archers going to murder Kenny, Kenny hands him money.

Bingo Bango, Kenny becomes the final boss @Cult03 mentioned a few months back. With Archer being like the underboss. To get to omega you have to destroy Archer

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Exactly, then when Omega actually wins clean against the biggest face in the company it will look like all hope is lost, then have Kenny go on a streak where he beats almost everybody, via a mixture of out wrestling them in amazing bouts which fans will love or simply cheating to win to prevent the fans getting the best bouts and getting nuclear heat, this will make him seem invincible and will add to the ‘all hope is lost’.

Then a new hope arrives in the form of a whisky drinking, horse riding cowboy who is a fan favourite and has a history with Kenny which he uses against Kenny to dethrone him and a ‘Star is born’.
The shit writes itself, but I have little faith in them delivering it.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I personally want to see a double knock out. Archer destroys both. Leading to a 3 way. Come revolution they do the match with Archer and omega destroying Mox but taking it subtly easy on each other. In the end Omega wins and when it looks like archers going to murder Kenny, Kenny hands him money.

Bingo Bango, Kenny becomes the final boss @Cult03 mentioned a few months back. With Archer being like the underboss. To get to omega you have to destroy Archer
Archer is way too great a character to play 2nd fiddle to anyone else, IMO. Keep him doing his own thing, least that is my hope. Probably my favorite character in AEW.

·
Banned
1,691 Posts
Archer is way too great a character to play 2nd fiddle to anyone else, IMO. Keep him doing his own thing, least that is my hope. Probably my favorite character in AEW.
Yeah man I agree. Just with jakes issues health wise I don't know how much longer they will be a thing. And it would be kind of cool if they threw in a swerve. We all know the bucks will be by his side but all the best stables had a great enforcer.

Archer is the only type of dude I can think of that fits the bill. Unless they bought out Hammerstones mlw contract

·
Registered
331 Posts
The shit writes itself, but I have little faith in them delivering it.
I do think AEW have been listening to fans recently as OC has been demoted to lower card, Stunt/Janela/Kiss etc are not on dynamite and Kenny has started dressing like a star, however, after seeing how poor the build was for Full Gear, which gave us some of the biggest matches they can offer, I don’t actually think they are capable of booking quality feuds and therefore I don’t think this feud will get the booking it deserves. Hopefully I’m wrong.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I do think AEW have been listening to fans recently as OC has been demoted to lower card, Stunt/Janela/Kiss etc are not on dynamite and Kenny has started dressing like a star, however, after seeing how poor the build was for Full Gear, which gave us some of the biggest matches they can offer, I don’t actually think they are capable of booking quality feuds and therefore I don’t think this feud will get the booking it deserves. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Kenny dressed like that only because it was a contract signing but he's not going to wear a costume everytime XD

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kenny dressed like that only because it was a contract signing but he's not going to wear a costume everytime XD
I’m pretty sure after the positive response it’s got that he will make an effort to look more like a star, however, if he turns up next week in peach shorts and a plain white t-shirt I’ll accept that I’m wrong

·
Registered
804 Posts

'We Build Assassins' is a nice motto.

Still think they could use a better name than 'Team Taz' though, it's generic af. 'Red Hook Fight Club' or something edgier.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
I’m pretty sure after the positive response it’s got that he will make an effort to look more like a star, however, if he turns up next week in peach shorts and a plain white t-shirt I’ll accept that I’m wrong
my crystal ball says you’re wrong

721 - 740 of 764 Posts