Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The New Day readies for a rematch with The Revival as the SmackDown Tag Team Titles are on the line. Also, the stakes rise heading into Survivor Series as Team SmackDown spots are up for grabs in matchups between Nikki Cross and Bayley, and Mustafa Ali & Shorty G vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode.

The New Day and The Revival set for championship rematch

WWE said:
As first reported on WWE’s The Bump, The New Day’s seventh reign as Tag Team Champions is set to begin with a showdown against a familiar foe. The Revival will receive a rematch after losing to Kofi Kingston & Big E on last week’s SmackDown.

In an effort dedicated to injured teammate Xavier Woods, Kingston & Big E left everything in the ring except the titles, as the duo recaptured the SmackDown Tag Team Championship in a thrilling victory over The Revival in Manchester, England. The New Day now head back to the states set to defend their newly regained championship gold against their rivals.

Will The Power of Positivity continue to define the tag team division, or will The Revival regain the titles? Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown on FOX at 8/7 C to see who will represent the blue brand as titleholders in Survivor Series’ Tag Team Triple Threat Match.

Daniel Bryan joins The Miz for “Miz TV”

There won’t be a shortage of topics to discuss when “The New” Daniel Bryan joins The Miz for “Miz TV” this Friday night.

The former WWE Champion has appeared conflicted for weeks with the prospect of aligning himself with Sami Zayn and Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. Now he’s also got “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt to worry about.

The Universal Champion took Bryan out with the Mandible Claw, appearing seemingly out of nowhere backstage when Zayn tried to finally pin Bryan down for a definitive answer.

Will Bryan finally have an answer? What will he have to say about the brutal attack at the hands of Wyatt? And let’s not forget about Bryan’s turbulent history with The Miz himself.

All the elements are in place for what promises to be a blockbuster edition of “Miz TV” — don’t miss it this Friday night on FOX at 8/7 C!

Nikki Cross takes on Bayley for the right to join Team SmackDown at Survivor Series

Nikki Cross can become the final member of Team SmackDown for the Five-Woman Survivor Series Elimination Match — but she’ll have to overcome SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley to do so.

Lacey Evans joins team captain Sasha Banks, Carmella and Dana Brooke, leaving one spot remaining on Team Blue — one coveted by WWE’s Twisted Sister. Banks doesn’t seem to want any part of teaming with her newfound rival, however, especially after both she and Bayley notched victories over Cross in recent weeks.

However, both of those wins came with each other’s assistance. Will the third time be the charm this time for Cross? Or will this bolder, edgier version of Bayley — with Banks likely not far behind — simply be too much once again for Cross to overcome? Find out this Friday night on FOX at 8/7 C!

Mustafa Ali & Shorty G face Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode with Survivor Series spots on the line

It hasn’t taken long for an uprising on Team SmackDown. As the blue brand prepares for battle at Survivor Series, King Corbin is already wielding his royal influence to shape the SmackDown squad.

After being named to Team SmackDown on FS1’s WWE Backstage, Mustafa Ali and Shorty G had their merits called into question by Corbin. The King’s preferred running mates: Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode.

The comments caught the ire of Mustafa Ali & Shorty G who felt they’ve continually proved their status as elite competitors among the blue brand's roster and that the victory as members of Team Hogan at WWE Crown Jewel was a prime example of it. King Corbin would respond by laying down the challenge and Mustafa Ali & Shorty G’s acceptance sets the stage for a huge SmackDown showdown against Ziggler & Roode with major Survivor Series implications.

Will Mustafa Ali & Shorty G protect their Survivor Series positions or will King Corbin fill his SmackDown court with The Showoff and The Glorious One?

·
The Babyface of WF
10,849 Posts
Another New Day/Revival match yawn...

If Nikki loses then i could see Alexa returning as a member at SS with Nikki slowly attempting a Heel turn out of jealousy but of course wishful thinking.

Very interested in Daniel's response to the Fiend's attack last week.

·
Here Comes The Money
1,972 Posts
Shayna and/or Becky could show up to cause Bayley the match. Nikki should be on the team, unless they do have Alexa return and is a surprise entrant.

MizTV should be good as well.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Excited to see Bryan in the Claw again.

Hopefully we get a Fun House explaining why he attacked Daniel Bryan before The Fiend shows up live and takes him out, but I won't hold my breath. WWE isn't very creative, so I just expect the attack. *sigh* I'll take what I can get. It's a price worth paying for Bray Wyatt to finally get his due.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I really shouldn't be surprised they are doing Nikki vs Bayley.... again.
It also shouldn't have a clean finish. Bayley attacked half of the NXT women's division. Them attempting to get revenge (causing a disqualification) and then a brawl between them and the Smackdown team could be fun.

·
Registered
22,882 Posts
There's going to be a lot of dumb shit tonight, I feel.

Revival get a tag title rematch, even though the rematch clause was supposed to be dead.

Ziggler & Roode are going to beat Ali & Gable and make Team SD much less interesting.

And Nikki vs. Bayley is a match where either Nikki has to win thus making the champ look weak, or Bayley just beats Nikki again. You have to be creative here and I don't trust them to.

The one big thing I'm really looking forward to is the Bryan/Miz/Bray stuff.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Do they only have three women on this show. I know the point of this is to make Nikki no.1 contenders but there are better ways of doing so then this.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I assume Bryan won’t utter a word as The Funhouse will cut him off. Then a Fiend attack. I want to see ‘Rogers’ Bray to appear in ring to confront Bryan though, would make for a interesting three-way promo with Miz and Bryan. The rest seems pretty meh.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I hope we get Bray Wyatt the puppet man and not The Fiend this week. I love the act, but having him just attack every week is gonna get boring. I wanna hear Bray get some mic time in front of a live crowd for the first time in this gimmick.

Bryan and Bray going back and forth on the mic...

:homer

SmackDown is immediately worth watching when you put Miz and Daniel Bryan together for a promo segment.
Yessir. My first time watching live for a minute.

Excited to see Bryan in the Claw again.

Hopefully we get a Fun House explaining why he attacked Daniel Bryan before The Fiend shows up live and takes him out, but I won't hold my breath. WWE isn't very creative, so I just expect the attack. *sigh* I'll take what I can get. It's a price worth paying for Bray Wyatt to finally get his due.
Do you think we will ever see Bray in his Mr Rogers outfit in front of the live crowd? I'd like to see one of the best promos in the business actually get to, you know, cut a promo... :lol

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's kind of weird how Smackdown has been in outright filler mode mostly since the Fox debut. Really feels like they're in a holding pattern which isn't a good thing. We're in the Survivor Series build, but it feels like most of the Smackdown guys barely care. They're busy doing their own thing mostly. Reigns is busy feuding with Corbin and the elimination match may as well be a side story. Nakamura is doing nothing and has just had a match made simply because he's a champion. Strowman is just there and has no story going on and has ended up in the elimination match. New Day randomly ended up as tag champions.

You've only got Bryan and The Fiend starting their rivalry, and Bayley is clearly a soccer mom bent on revenge. So these are the only ones doing something of note on the whole roster with coherent stories.

An example of what I mean is this Ali G vs. Roode and Ziggler match. They just announced Ali G were on the team two days ago. Rather than doing that and then having this tag match now, wouldn't it have made more sense to have this match to determine who ends up on the Survivor Series team in the first place? That way you build upon what happened last week with Reigns and Corbin, and are building a story here. The way they've done it here is kind of backwards.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Miz TV segment. I'm holding out hope this leads to a TLC match between Bryan and Fiend next month. With there being ladders involved, maybe WWE will be forced to stop the stupid ass red lights.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,285 Posts
The tag match is interesting. Right now its 4 faces and Corbin, so Roode and Ziggler winning would even the team out. Then again, I dont think they take Ali out of the match.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,214 Posts
Sling still has no Fox even though they supposedly cleared everything up. I need to find a feed and I'm horrible at that stuff.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
Do you think we will ever see Bray in his Mr Rogers outfit in front of the live crowd? I'd like to see one of the best promos in the business actually get to, you know, cut a promo... :lol
He was supposed to be on Miz tv, so.....maybe, but I feel like it wouldn't work. He does cut promos in his Fun House, and they're unique promos. They happen on a set which nobody else gets, and he doesn't drone on and on and on, he makes his point and he gets out. While Bray Wyatt is one of the few people in WWE who could stand to cut a longer promo if you're going to give them out, I don't feel like we need longer promos. We need points to be hit, and they can get out, without wearing out their welcome. That's what promos should be, a 2 minute thing where you say what you need to and that's it, and he does that, quite effectively.

I also don't feel like introducing The Friend to the live crowd would be very effective in the sense that he shouldn't really ever be attacking anyone as The Friend. He can't change into The Fiend on the fly, so it makes more sense for one to be pre recorded and one to be live. Unless you want him to be beaten up, then he could be The Friend, I guess, but I don't like the idea that The Friend is vulnerable old Bray Wyatt and The Fiend, who's the same guy is a nigh invulnerable monster. It's goofy and too old school pro wrestling and not in a good way. I like the split personality idea more although WWE has taken steps to imply that isn't the case.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts