Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 864 Posts

·
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The tag title match is interesting, presumably Sammy takes the pin but it'll probably advance the elite/inner circle or scu/lucha bros feuds in some way. Same with PAC/Hangman, it's hard to see that ending clean again or either guy taking another loss.

Plus Cody/Kenny don't seem to be cleared and I'd expect either one or both of MJF/Moxley to cut a promo to set up their next feud (Cody for MJF, no idea where Moxley goes now)

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
I'm waiting for a standout MJF promo explaining himself. I expect a good one from Moxley too, but MJF should steal the show.

·
Registered
453 Posts
People seem to be thinking Jericho and Guevara will lose but I’ll predict they win the tag titles.

Finally we get to see MJF go off on TV.

·
Registered
22,934 Posts
Wasn't a fan of dong the MJF turn the way they did. To me, his explanation why will go a long way for me.

I like the idea that Jericho and Guevara challenging for the tag titles since they have won some matches as a team. It makes it so the tag division won't be placed in it's own little box or anything.

Not a big fan of doing PAC vs. Hangman again already. Their 2nd match in 4 days and their 3rd singles match in about a month. Even if this is the rubber match, would have liked to have seen them wait at least a little bit before doing it.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Wasn't a fan of dong the MJF turn the way they did. To me, his explanation why will go a long way for me.

I like the idea that Jericho and Guevara challenging for the tag titles since they have won some matches as a team. It makes it so the tag division won't be placed in it's own little box or anything.

Not a big fan of doing PAC vs. Hangman again already. Their 2nd match in 4 days and their 3rd singles match in about a month. Even if this is the rubber match, would have liked to have seen them wait at least a little bit before doing it.
Yeah but if you wait to do this rubber match then the 2 are stuck with each other.

For me doing the rubber match tomorrow is the best option because after this match both men can move on an other storyline.

·
Registered
637 Posts

Pac and Page are essentially the top 2 Contenders for Jericho based on their win/loss records. Hangman has 2 losses while Pac has 1. If Page beats Pac again then he will jump to the front being he gave Pac his only two losses. If Pac wins, then Page will have 3 losses to Pac's 1.

·
Le Champion
18,651 Posts
Totally be down for a Daniels vs. Pentagon singles match sometime.

Sky is gonna pin Jericho and challenge for the title. Playing with what he told him after winning the title at ALL OUT.
That's what my exact first thought was when the match was announced. I said to the guys I was with "what if Scorpio pins Jericho since he said that shit to him after All Out??". Nice thought!

Scorpio Sky? You'll never get a shot at this ya hear me!? :lmao I'll never forget it

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,763 Posts
What a damn preview. That's how you get fans hyped for a show. I'll be pissed if PAC doesn't win the rubber match. And MJF needs a LOOOOONNNGGG promo. At least 10-12 minutes PLEASE.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I expect Pac to win and move onto feud with Moxley or Omega. With Moxley or Omega moving onto Jericho. It will be interesting how they build up MJF in the ring and keep him away from Cody to next ppv.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Interesting note: there hasn’t been a promo where two wrestlers were talking to each other. Only one guy in the ring talking each time, or being interviewed by Tony.

I’d love to see an MJF - Cody interaction tomorrow.

·
Ilya Smirnov ate my puppy.
4,919 Posts
Goddammit, nobody needs a LLLOOOOONNNGGGGG promo. They’ve been getting by just fine without them. Moxley didn’t need a long promo, he said what he had to say in a few minutes and was done with it. If I want long promos I’ll go back to watching that steaming pile of shit every Monday and Friday night. I’ll turn it right the fuck off and go to bed if they start that shit.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Goddammit, nobody needs a LLLOOOOONNNGGGGG promo. They’ve been getting by just fine without them. Moxley didn’t need a long promo, he said what he had to say in a few minutes and was done with it. If I want long promos I’ll go back to watching that steaming pile of shit every Monday and Friday night. I’ll turn it right the fuck off and go to bed if they start that shit.
Yes, we need more fake fights just for the hell of it. That'll keep viewers watching.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Jericho’s first pin won’t be in a tag IMO
I don't think it would matter - we've seen Jericho get pinned hundreds of times over his career. He's not some indestructible force. I think it could be smart to have him eat the pin over Guevara if SCU is retaining, as expected. Luke Gallows told a story of how CM Punk would try to protect the SES at the time by eating the pins because he knew Vince wouldn't job them as much if Punk was getting pinned vs Gallows getting pinned.

Whomever beats Jericho for the title will be a brand name who won't need to be beating the undefeated Jericho for the title as extra rub. Jericho eating a pin by Sky would be a bit of a shocker and give Sky the rub without it really hurting Jericho at all - just give something more for Jericho to whine about.

Ideally Jericho could put over tag wrestling by admitting SCU was the better team and how they only won because Jericho and Sammy are singles wrestlers and then Jericho could challenge Sky to a singles match, and he could unleash Ortiz/Santana on SCU as Inner Circle as a long time tag team of their own afterall.

So a lot more storylines could come out of a Jericho pin than a Sammy pin or schmozz ending.

1 - 20 of 864 Posts