Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I live in a pineapple....under the sea.
530 Posts
i forget why this is relevant....and thats technically incorrect, ECW was revived few years back, and had there own ppvs aswell

·
Banned
749 Posts
1. December to Dismember. And it was a travesty. Granted, I liked the new ECW.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
i forget why this is relevant....and thats technically incorrect, ECW was revived few years back, and had there own ppvs aswell
It's revival as a WWE brand was hardly the same as the original company. And it's relevant because ten years on, you can still see the ideas and talent of ECW used, whether it's in something blatant like EV2.0 and Hardcore Justice, or guys who made their name there like Corino, RVD, Dudley Boys, hell, even alumni like Mysterio.

It's nice to honour the anniversary of the final PPV for people who actually watched the company back then, even just as a passing mention.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I will never get the love for ECW. I've watched their shows on WWE 24/7 and yes their were some pretty cool storylines and characters, but the wrestling was not even groundbreaking. I think the only reason people liked ECW was, because they started the Attitude Era. I always thought ECW as the misfits of wrestling, and Paul Heyman tried to create a good show with these left over wrestlers. Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Taz, and a lot of other people on the ECW roster were trash. At the same time they had a lot of young great new wrestlers. Raven, Sabu, Mick Foley, RVD, Jerry Lynn, ect. ECW was not about the wrestling like ROH was it was about the attitude. But yeah I'll take ROH over ECW any day of the week :p. And here's a question. Has ROH been around longer then ECW has yet? ROH is coming up on their 10th anniversary in 2012

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Yeah and I heard WWE might bring back AWA since they own the rights of that company as well. Revive it from the early 90's when it died. They'll bring in Verne Gagne from the senior citizen home and then Vince will fire Verne live on air and then make Michael McGuillicutty wrestle against himself for the good name of his father Curt Henning.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Last show was in Arkansas January 12th, here are the results:

January 13, 2001 in Pine Bluff, AR
Convention Center drawing 1,300

Michael Shane beat Stan Lee.

Prodigy beat Nova.

Christian York & Joey Matthews beat Guido Maritato & Tony Mamaluke.

Jack Victory beat CW Anderson in a "street fight" match.

Yoshihiro Tajiri beat Super Crazy.

ECW Champ Rhino pinned Spike Dudley.

Tommy Dreamer & Danny Doring beat Julio Dinero & EZ Money.

Justin Credible beat Sandman.

Sandman beat Justin Credible in a "hardcore" match.

·
LadiesMan217
948 Posts
I actually have that show on vhs. Still pop it in occasionaly.

I really shouldnt have said that
It was kinda shitty
Cuz I'd love to rub on those titties
And lick that little clitty...
Gertner

O how I miss Joel Gertner

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I actually have that show on vhs. Still pop it in occasionaly.

I really shouldnt have said that
It was kinda shitty
Cuz I'd love to rub on those titties
And lick that little clitty...
Gertner

O how I miss Joel Gertner
:lmao Dude was a God.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Last show was in Arkansas January 12th, here are the results:

January 13, 2001 in Pine Bluff, AR
Convention Center drawing 1,300

Michael Shane beat Stan Lee.

Prodigy beat Nova.

Christian York & Joey Matthews beat Guido Maritato & Tony Mamaluke.

Jack Victory beat CW Anderson in a "street fight" match.

Yoshihiro Tajiri beat Super Crazy.

ECW Champ Rhino pinned Spike Dudley.

Tommy Dreamer & Danny Doring beat Julio Dinero & EZ Money.

Justin Credible beat Sandman.

Sandman beat Justin Credible in a "hardcore" match.
eh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts