Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

10 years ago, basically to tonight's Raw, shortly after Stone Cold walked out of the company, Vince McMahon comes out to address the roster, to find out which one of his superstarts has that one ingredient to reach to the top: ruthless aggression. This promo marked the official start of this era, which was quite underrated and overlooked for some reason despite its flaws. In this period they had arguably the best roster of all time(in the first 2 years of this era anyway)

What were your favorite moments? Stuff that you hated? Best PPV? Worst PPV? I consider anything after Mania 22 to January 2008 not as Ruthless Aggression but as a transitional period until the HD/Universe Era kicked in.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Re: 10 Years Ago: The Ruthless Aggression Era Begins(2002-2006)

I believe the fact that they had easily the most stacked roster of all time helped lead to what made the end of the RA era becoming so terrible. There were way too many top talents on the roster (a lot who didn't really like where they were at). Some deserving talents were not getting the TV time and the pushes they deserved which lead to them going to a new startup company, or just leaving period. That combined with Cenas massive push (leaving several of the AE and RAera stars high and dry)
toward the end of the RA era lead to a very forgettable era.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

it was good to about Mid 04 then it became quite dull going into 05 and through to the end at Mania 22. 2002 through to the middle of 04 is very good in terms of in ring product and might be the best WWE has produced. Though some of the angles were lame and them just trying to replicate the Attitude Era formula shock value TV.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

I have always considered WWE 2002-2004 as the best years for the WWE in terms of overall product....When I say overall product I mean:

Roster
Match Quality
Show Quality
Production Quality (Meaning their promo videos for matches and PPV opening)

even the ppvs that had only one brand on it (like Bad Blood as a Raw PPV and Vengeance as a Smackdown PPV) were better than some of the PPVs we have had in recent years...

·
Registered
353 Posts

LOL 2006? The RA era ended the moment Lesnar left WWE in 2004.

Anyway, it was my favorite period of WWE. Specifically SD! Every division mattered, not just the Main event scene. The Tag, Cruiser, and US divisions had solid programs too. It was also my favorite year of Angles, he was the f***ing man tearing sh** up with Lesnar.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

Man, if I knew then what I know now....

·
Registered
12,931 Posts

Hardly anyone in that ring is still in the WWE. How the time flies...

·
Registered
16,460 Posts

Its shocking to know that 2 years after that video I went on hiatus from Wrestling for 5 years before returning in 2008-9 ... :(

It also makes me feel old that it was 10 years aqgo... (I am 29 now)

·
Registered
823 Posts

It was great period.
I stopped watching WWE in 2005 when Cena beat JBL. And took hiatus from wrestling for few years.
This period probably was the only period in which heels were top stars (Lesnar, Triple H).

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,424 Posts

Its shocking to know that 2 years after that video I went on hiatus from Wrestling for 5 years before returning in 2008-9 ... :(

It also makes me feel old that it was 10 years aqgo... (I am 29 now)
Same here mate, 2005-2010 i hardly watched any WWE, apart from a couple of Mania's :sad: Im 31 so feel somewhat older lol!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

I stopped watching WWE shortly before this era began. Thanks to Netflix I have seen almost all of the PPVs though and I would say this era was pretty good, but definitely not as good as Attitude Era. Lesnar/Taker feud was one of my favorites of all time. Certainly better than what we have today.

·
All Out
2,802 Posts

RA seems less like an era, more like a sub-era. Brand Extension Era (2002-2012) is what I'd say followed the Attitude Era (with a bit of an akward transitional era between the two). I usually consider most of the WWE's "self-proclaimed" eras - such as Ruthless Agression to be sub-eras (if even that), due to their overuse of the word "Era." Hell look at the past twelve months, they've pro-claimed "RAW SuperShow Era," "The People Power Era," "The Reality Era" have begun, as well as several more during on-going storylines - thus I'd hardly call any of these actual eras, but sub-eras might fit for some...

·
Registered
18,833 Posts

10 years ago, basically to tonight's Raw, shortly after Stone Cold walked out of the company, Vince McMahon comes out to address the roster, to find out which one of his superstarts has that one ingredient to reach to the top: ruthless aggression. This promo marked the official start of this era, which was quite underrated and overlooked for some reason despite its flaws. In this period they had arguably the best roster of all time(in the first 2 years of this era anyway)

What were your favorite moments? Stuff that you hated? Best PPV? Worst PPV? I consider anything after Mania 22 to January 2008 not as Ruthless Aggression but as a transitional period until the HD/Universe Era kicked in.
I don't even consider 2006 as ruthless aggression era. I think that era ended in 2005 when Cena/Batista won the titles(and the guys who dominated ruthless aggression era as champs in JBL/HHH, lost)

But hopefully we can get something like that, or attitude era introduction promo on Raw to bring in a new era in WWE.

·
Banned
821 Posts

There's no such thing as the "Ruthless Aggression" era...Why can't people fúcking understand that.. It seems the younger people on here think it's all "Era" stuff.. wtf???

·
Registered
1,463 Posts

Ruthless Aggression was awesome. I do consider its end as when Cena won the title however. Had some excellent matches, feuds and general moments.

Undertaker/Lesnar
Rise of Evolution
Kane unmasking
Vince McMahon running things on Smackdown
Eddie/JBL
The Elimination Chamber
JBL's heel promos

These things from 2002-2005 alone totally shit on every thing that has happened since.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I watch most of the RA stuff on YT cause i didnt watch wrestling until summer 07. I look back on summer of 07 and think about all the bad stuff that summer. Like benoit death, injuries, and Khali as world champ. 2004-2005 are my fav years of RA.

·
Banned
1,565 Posts

The roster they had in 2002 was just unreal, star power of the likes never seen in one wrestling company.

They wasted it.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts

Ruthless Aggression was the best period in the history of the company. Easily blew away the Attitude era that so many people here cherish.

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts

2002 too Cena/Batista winning titles at Wrestlemania 21 and ushering in the new era was the greatest era, much better than the Attitude Era in my opinion.

It had just as good storylines, better matches (not as much DQ and run in finishes), a mid card which was worth something with guys like Edge, Rey, Eddie, Benoit, Rhyno, Jericho, Booker, Christian, Benjamin, Orton, Cena (during rapper phase) and dozens more.

I also am a huge fan of evolution and JBL and loved their reigns, along with ABA taker, Paul Heyman's GM tenure and almost everything that came along with the four years of the Rutheless Agression Era. Just loved it.

The most roster depth the company ever had tbh. Stars all over the card.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts