Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1: Stop scripting the promos! In the attitude era the promos weren't scripted heavily which is why they were better and sounded more natural.
2: Get better announcers! Michael Cole, Booker, and Corey the charisma vacuum have to go. They don't do a good job of telling a story and they're annoying.
3: Stop focusing on wrestling, back in the Hogan era and the attitude era the greatest era's in wrestling history they didn't have multiple 20 minute matches with Indy guys who have no character every week.
4: Develop more characters on the show! Without characters it's hard to get into the matches because there's no real reason to care about any wrestler. Once again the Attitude Era and the Hogan era tons of characters up and down the card which made wrestling fun.
5: Story lines where the hell are they? Having rematches every week and fighting about respect isn't a story line. Remember Rikishi running over Austin with a car and for months everyone was trying to find out who it was? That's a real story line. And how can we forget Austin Vs McMahon.
6: Get rid of the "divas revolution" let's be honest people women are on the show for two reasons. None of these women compare to Sable.
7: Stop pushing guys like Finn Balor and AJ Styles into the main event. They have no charisma, character and they don't look believable sorry smarks, but it's the truth.
8: Let the cruiser-weights put on the matches we know they can put on. This really bothers WHY BRING IN THE CRUISER-WEIGHTS IF THEY'RE GOING TO DO HEADLOCKS HALF THE MATCH??
9: This is probably the most important reason hire writers who actually know what the fuck they're doing. The writers that they have currently are absolute garbage. Maybe bring in guys like Vince Russo, Paul Heyman, or even Dutch Mantell.
10: Make the product more edgy!! Let's have some real hardcore matches with blood. Start having more matches with stipulations. There's many more reasons but these are ones that popped into my head first. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I would like to know the reasons they don't do most of these.

They're well aware of the criticism of their heavy scripting. Every last wrestler talks about it. Why do they persist?

The commentators is a point less discussed and probably related to the heavy scripting.

In the 90's I used to love JR screaming like someone has died, but the best thing about JR and also Vince himself as a commentator was how they constantly posed open questions and invited the viewer to fill in the gaps.

For example, Vince would say things like "what is Bret planning to do here?" Then pause for a few moments for you to think about what he might do.

It puts over the psychology of the match and directs your attention.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Heavy scripting is likely for these reasons:

1) To ensure that no mistakes are made with unapproved/foul language which could upset their corporate sponsors or network
2) To ensure that they tightly control timing of promos to fit within the show's timeline
3) To ensure that the wrong guys or girls don't get too over by adlibing, thereby upsetting their booking plans
4) Because most of their "sports entertainers" these days are good at flippy moves but suck at talking, acting, and speaking, and lack charisma, so they need to be handheld with promos scripted down to the word.

I believe the commentators would be just fine if they didn't have senile Vince in their ear and were allowed to just call the damn match and get the perfomers over.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Great, more bodybuilder marks who think veins equal charisma. How's Raw with da look on top? One of the biggest reasons the show is dying is him :reigns2

Let's depush the most over babyface on the roster who is their second biggest draw with jack compared to Reigns.

Thank god you're not running business, the world has moved past size and the 80s mediocrity.

The biggest stars on the planet are small for their field (McGregor, Mayweather, Messi etc.). Sure there's a point where that becomes ridiculous (Mighty mouse and Balor) and a hard sell, but AJ definitely isn't it.

Hell, odds are the dude could whip your ass with both arms tied.

Also, the Hogan era was trash, that shit would struggle to get airtime in 2017. Austin and Rock take a shit on Hogan.

Unless you think looking roided and gross, and saying brother every third word flys in 2017.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How he sells more merch than all of your indy shmucks lol. And I find it hysterical that you're going to put the majority of the blame on Reigns when the WWE has pretty much died because of all of this indy crap. The busniess hasn't evolved past big guys show me some evidence that it has. And the Hogan era was trash ? You lose all credibility when you say something that foolish. And I'm glad you're not running the business because we would see AJ Styles and Finn Balor iron man matches every week. Also look at the YouTube viewership Reigns gets his video usually has the most.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
How he sells more merch than all of your indy shmucks lol. And I find it hysterical that you're going to put the majority of the blame on Reigns when the WWE has pretty much died because of all of this indy crap. The busniess hasn't evolved past big guys show me some evidence that it has. And the Hogan era was trash ? You lose all credibility when you say something that foolish. And I'm glad you're not running the business because we would see AJ Styles and Finn Balor iron man matches every week. Also look at the YouTube viewership Reigns gets his video usually has the most.
Knew you were a Roman mark.

YouTube views, lmao I'm in tears..

Fucking YT views. screw ratings and all those main events that have tanked with Roman or the hundreds of arenas he's been booed out of :lmao

Mate, how does it feel to know Roman is the worst drawing FOtC of ALL TIME :ha

Reigns has cocked his fist a million times but never drawn a dime :lmao

YouTube views... I get second hand embarrassment when his marks bring it up.

YouTube views :heston

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
Trust me. You haven't said anything others haven't said.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knew you were a Roman mark.

YouTube views, lmao I'm in tears..

Fucking YT views. screw ratings and all those main events that have tanked with Roman or the hundreds of arenas he's been booed out of :lmao

Mate, how does it feel to know Roman is the worst drawing FOtC of ALL TIME :ha

Reigns has cocked his fist a million times but never drawn a dime :lmao

YouTube views... I get second hand embarrassment when his marks bring it up.

YouTube views :heston
It's been an inevitable decrease you can't put the blame on Roman Reigns. How about you blame the horrible writing staff. You really think if Finn Balor was in the main event the ratings would get better? lmao gtfo.

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
It's been an inevitable decrease you can't put the blame on Roman Reigns. How about you blame the horrible writing staff. You really think if Finn Balor was in the main event the ratings would get better? lmao gtfo.
IT IS ROMAN.

Roman is the big dog who goes over everyone, we've all seen how much his coronations have drawn the night after WM. They've resulted in HUGE drops every year, next year will be no different. The dude is forcing fans out the door because he is boring af. He has no character and stomps through guys who are over only to take that momentum nowhere. He's like a dark hole who eats everything up but never gets bigger.

You could feed him Lesnar, Taker, Cena, Goldberg etc. and he'd still remain a nobody.
The fans don't want him and he has failed to connect anywhere near the levels past FOTC did (Hogan, Austin, Rock and Cena).

The show revolves around him, he's the fucking main character who beats everyone and is presented as above everyone else.

Who the hell has main evented the last 3 WMs? AJ Styles? Fuck no, he was having matches with Jericho and Shane. The dude still is as big of a draw as Roman without all that.

Anyone with sense would have cut the plug on the Roman Reigns Project long back. So much time and money invested into someone who cannot connect with fans, is booed out of arenas and has failed to take the crown from Cena after practically having it handed to him :lol

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
Reigns should be selling MORE merch than he is given his place and push. If he was actually over, he would. But he ain't, so he don't. Simple.

I remember Vince telling on DVDs how in WCW, there was no room for guys up or down, everybody had their place, no matter what they did, and that it was bad.
Today, no matter what you do, it doesn't mean jack. Got super over? Not our plan, dude, we have to cut you off. Can't talk or wrestle a fly off the wall? What the hell, here's the WWE Title!

Reactions: Ace

·
Baby Yoda
30,149 Posts
Reigns should be selling MORE merch than he is given his place and push. If he was actually over, he would. But he ain't, so he don't. Simple.

I remember Vince telling on DVDs how in WCW, there was no room for guys up or down, everybody had their place, no matter what they did, and that it was bad.
Today, no matter what you do, it doesn't mean jack.
I laugh every time his marks bring up he's the biggest full time merch seller.

Cena is fucking barely around and he's still outselling him by a distance :lmao

Anyhow, we know how easy these numbers can be manipulated to justify pushes. This is the same company that has muted fans at WM to avoid their FOTC reject being booed out of multiple WMs.

Meltzer's destroyed there only other metric of YT views in the raw ratings thread.

·
#WWELogic
3,888 Posts
IT IS ROMAN.

Roman is the big dog who goes over everyone, we've all seen how much his coronations have drawn the night after WM. They've resulted in HUGE drops every year, next year will be no different. The dude is forcing fans out the door because he is boring af. He has no character and stomps through guys who are over only to take that momentum nowhere. He's like a dark hole who eats everything up but never gets bigger.

You could feed him Lesnar, Taker, Cena, Goldberg etc. and he'd still remain a nobody.
The fans don't want him and he has failed to connect anywhere near the levels past FOTC did (Hogan, Austin, Rock and Cena).

The show revolves around him, he's the fucking main character who beats everyone and is presented as above everyone else.

Who the hell has main evented the last 3 WMs? AJ Styles? Fuck no, he was having matches with Jericho and Shane. The dude still is as big of a draw as Roman without all that.

Anyone with sense would have cut the plug on the Roman Reigns Project long back. So much time and money invested into someone who cannot connect with fans, is booed out of arenas and has failed to take the crown from Cena after practically having it handed to him :lol

#EPIC #EndofTHREAD #TRUTH

Case CLOSED it's NOT a "Hate Roman" thread or any BS like that it's simply cold hard REALITY which is something in 2days day & age is sorely needed in not just wrestling but everywhere else. At the end of the day Regins is NOT "THE Guy" he's just "A" guy who desperately needs to get out of the spotlight and return in a BETTER light with actual "CREATIVE" behind not just him but Rollins, Balor, Styles ect however under #WWELogic that probably won't be happening any time soon #SamoaCENA

·
Banned
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
#EPIC #EndofTHREAD #TRUTH

Case CLOSED it's NOT a "Hate Roman" thread or any BS like that it's simply cold hard REALITY which is something in 2days day & age is sorely needed in not just wrestling but everywhere else. At the end of the day Regins is NOT "THE Guy" he's just "A" guy who desperately needs to get out of the spotlight and return in a BETTER light with actual "CREATIVE" behind not just him but Rollins, Balor, Styles ect however under #WWELogic that probably won't be happening any time soon #SamoaCENA
Once again if he was booked right he would be a draw. Imagine a Heel Reigns Vs a bad ass face like Brock Lesnar that would draw huge if booked correctly. But a guy like AJ Styles has already reached his maximum potential because the only thing he's good at his wrestling lmao. All you're doing is attacking the WWE booking and not the actual talent of the performer. Everybody knows Reigns would be a great heel, he doesn't even need to cut that many promos. All he he has to do is spear Kurt Angle and it will blow the roof off the fucking place.If AJ Styles was in Reigns position he wouldn't sell as much merch because his audience is limited to the hardcore fans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts