Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order, who do you think are the top 10 most powerful people in the WWE empire thesedays?

My guess is:

1) Vince McMahon

2) Stephanie Levesque

3) Kevin Dunn

4) Paul Levesque

5) John Cena

6) Mark 'The Undertaker' Callaway

7) CM Punk

8) Randy Orton

9) Brian Gewirtz

10) Michael Hayes

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I would put The Undertaker above John Cena. And prolly take Orton off the list since his recent suspension. I assume Shane O Mac should be on there somewhere. I don't know what his exact job in the company is though.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
HHH is obviously number 1. I mean, he runs everything, makes all the decisions and calls all the shots remember? Vince answers to him along with everybody else.

·
Its Yer'sel
6,148 Posts
I would put The Undertaker above John Cena. And prolly take Orton off the list since his recent suspension. I assume Shane O Mac should be on there somewhere. I don't know what his exact job in the company is though.
Shane o Mac doesnt he sold all stock recently..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Triple H is #1. He makes all the booking decisions. He inserts himself into hot storylines to feed his ego, b#stard, he kills red hot wrestlers momentum thereby killing the business slowly, he only helps out his friends making them champions. Tripe H owns this company. He is numero Uno.
Vince #2

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Did Orton really have any backstage pull before he was suspended?

Now let's see if we take out Vince who is just to obvious since it's his company.

We have Linda McMahon as close second. Although she is not directly involved she can say whatever she wants when she sleeps near Vince each and single night. All in concern about those senator runs and whatnot.

Shane is not part of WWE anymore since he does his own thing. So at the moment he's out.

Although we still do have board of directors although I would still give daddy's little princess a third place. She can get her will across. No doubt in my mind.

HHH comes after that and all the other yes men they have backstage after that.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Did Orton really have any backstage pull before he was suspended?

Now let's see if we take out Vince who is just to obvious since it's his company.

We have Linda McMahon as close second. Although she is not directly involved she can say whatever she once when she sleeps near Vince each and single night. All in concern about those senator runs and whatnot.

Shane is not part of WWE anymore since he does his own thing. So at the moment he is out.

Although we still do have board of directors although I would still give daddy's little princess a third place. She can get her will across. No doubt in my mind.

HHH comes after that and all the other yes men they have backstage after that.
I don't know how much pull Randy had before that. I would assume he had some as he is the 2nd biggest star. Plus he hadn't had any problems in a while that I know of.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I don't know how much pull Randy had before that. I would assume he had some as he is the 2nd biggest star. Plus he hadn't had any problems in a while that I know of.
Well yeah but talking about for instance HHH pull and Cena pull are 2 complete different things.

So where should Orton be in this?

Also I have never heard about him playing much politics unless we are talking about that Kofi incident.

is he the guy who would throw his weight around?

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
I would put Cena above Undertaker

If I were Vince,I would side with Cena if they had any argument.Cena makes a ton more money.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Uh. Kayfabe or real?
You do realize as a Listed Company they have strict rules to adhere to.
Strictly speaking, the most powerful people in the business are the Board of Directors who comprise of the people listed on this page.

http://corporate.wwe.com/company/board.jsp

The Board oversees the running of the company. In regards to long term decision making, I'd presume the institutional investors (large shareholders) are involved too. Major decisions regarding direction are usually put to vote in Annual General Meetings.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,832 Posts
In order, who do you think are the top 10 most powerful people in the WWE empire thesedays?

My guess is:

1) Vince McMahon

2) Stephanie Levesque

3) Kevin Dunn

4) Paul Levesque

5) John Cena

6) Mark 'The Undertaker' Callaway

7) CM Punk

8) Randy Orton

9) Brian Gewirtz

10) Michael Hayes
Obviously Vince, the vice presidents and top level executives would come before the wrestlers, so why would Undertaker, Cena and Punk all be on the list? They may have some influence backstage, but as far as authority goes. They don't have any. Unless you count Undertaker being a locker room leader but sure he's not even on the full roster any more so he wouldn't be on the list. Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes are just the head writers of their creative teams, but they still have to answer to Vince as to what goes on tv. Other then that, they're main function is just writing storylines and angles.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Outside McMahon family,Cena must be most powerful

He is the cash cow
Like Messi for Barcelona
That would be true if cena played politics backstage which it doesn't seem like he does. Not saying that he couldn't but more like he doesn't.

I hold true to my statements. After McMahon's it's the board of directors that have the authority just like in any other company.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
I would put HHH above Stephanie. He's still the man of their marriage so she is his bitch and not the other way around.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Taker is Vince's favorite. Always protected and portrayed as the biggest legend. Hell his win record is bigger than john cena's. 80% wins or something. Monopoly on the industry gives mcmahon the advantage thereby pushing cena back in that list.

Vince
Executives
Taker
Trips
Cena

·
Administrator
59,278 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts